“Skiing Vacation”

Canadas Best Value Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I booked this hotel with three friends for a ski trip to Fernie. We got a room with two queen sized beds and a kitchenette. Space is a little small for four friends but was good for what we used it for. Very close proximity to the hill. It was noisy Friday and Saturday nights but very quiet throughout the week. They aren't great accommodations, but it is more than enough to accommodate people on a ski trip.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 4 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 February 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 February 2014

This was one of the cheaper places we could find in Fernie. And it was apparent why. Housekeeping was great the first day but quickly tapered off to smoothing the covers on the beds. The Travelodge is old and needs a thorough cleaning or refurb. But since it is packed with skiers and sledders I suspect that is not in the cards. Beds were comfortable. Wifi, although free, was atrocious. In this day and age it should be better. Walls are paper thin so expect to hear the slednecks partying till 3 AM and the transport trucks on the main highway just outside your window.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 February 2014

The stay was very good. The only mention I have is that other guests were very loud when coming home after midnight from a bar visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Our room was trashed when we arrived, no sheets on the bed, garbage cans full of beer bottles. Called front desk (it was after hours) and manager brought us sheets. We had to put them on the beds. Next day, got back from the mountain. and thankfully housekeeping did come. But a visit to the hot tub was disturbing. The hot tub is green with floating things. Luckily we got the dry sauna to work instead. Oh, and did I mention that the free WiFi dosen't work at all? Cant wait to check out tomorrow morning. im still scared the bathroom fan is going to fall out of the ceiling while im showering in the morning, but hey, at least the beds are comfortable.

Reviewed 19 February 2014

I literally checked in 10 minutes ago and am so shocked by this motel that I needed to share. I was thinking ahead and booked this room back in December online. When making the booking, nowhere on the website did it ask if I wanted a pet-friendly room or that there were even any available. I arrived and found out we of course have been put in a pet-friendly room. Luckily, my boyfriend and I do not have any allergies but this raises serious concerns for those that might.

I am on a ski trip and all I've looked forward to after staying in hostels for the last few nights was having a bath. Well, that won't be happening. I truly don't think the bath has been washed in the past year. There was pubic hair and long dark hair lining the floor of the tub, as well as dirt and grime caked on the sides. I have never seen a hotel or motel so disgustingly filthy.

I didn't bother calling the front desk to rectify this problem as the gentleman who checked us in was completely unhelpful. He finished his conversation with his colleague after we walked in before turning to assist us. He then lacked all warmth and friendliness and made it feel as if we were inconveniencing him for causing him to do his job.

This is the most expensive place I am staying on my week-long trip, and am sad to say it is also by far the absolute worst. While I understand motels rarely deliver the best quality, I am so disappointed by all of this and will never again be staying at a Travelodge.

• Stayed: February 2014