“A very nice resort.”
Review of Lizard Creek Lodge

Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Fernie
Reviewed 1 December 2013

We attended this resort as part of a wedding group. There were a few hiccups but nothing worth mentioning here because they are part of what happens in a normal hotel situation. The staff was very nice and helpful, though I had little to do with anyone but at the front desk. We had a large lofted room which was very well appointed with everything I would expect from a place like this. The fitness room has some interesting machines and was pleased with the selection. I found the restaurant to be quite expensive and the service was not very prompt but the food was good.
We had a concern and told the front desk and the maintenance person showed up in the morning and fixed it quickly.
The skiers liked the direct access to the lift and the availability of the outside pool and hot tub was nice.
We stayed in the Lodge itself so I have no information on the condos. Though a bit pricey, I found it to be a worthy place to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank sasktravel
LizardCreek, Front Desk at Lizard Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2015

Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I wanted a little get-away for a weekend and decided on Lizard Creek because we wanted a nice morning mountain view and an upgraded stay. The view was lovely. At check-in, they were unable to locate our reservation through Expedia for 20 min, but did upgrade us to a loft unit and had a nice bottle of white wine waiting for us. We didn't have our kids, so the loft upgrade was unnecessary. We liked the wine. The king-size bed was very hard. My husband joked, "they make up for the hardness of the bed by making it bigger." Breakfast the next morning was just a bowl of apples, a loaf of bread and a few jams. No one was taking care of the breakfast area and we had to clear tables to find a place to eat. The kicker came on the morning we left and asked for an extra 30 minutes to check-out. The answer came back a resounding "no".
I'm sure Lizard Creek was a lovely place in 1995, but now it is tired and grumpy and so are we.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Cheryl W

Reviewed 23 October 2013

In September of this year my friend got married at Lizard Creek Lodge. Definitely not what we were all expecting. The wedding organizer at Lizard Creek was VERY helpful, but the front desk... not so much. One of the girls went to the front desk to ask for sewing kits and shower caps, only to be told that they "didn't have any," without them getting up to check at all. After questioning a little further, she was told to go look in the storage room herself, where amazingly, she found boxes of both sewing kits AND shower caps. The bride requested more towels and shampoo/conditioner in her room, and got none of it. When trying to check in one of the groomsmen was told that he wasn't booked for the night (although he definitely was), then after the groomsman assured the front desk that he booked a room, he was told they had booked him in the other chalets! When renting Lizard Creek Lodge, the lodge itself is supposed to be reserved for the wedding party and all of its guests. Halfway through the actual ceremony (which takes place in front of the fireplace in the lobby) random people were coming in to check in. The bride and groom bought wine from Lizard Creek Lodge, only to find that they forgot to order it for the wedding! Luckily they discovered this before the liquor stores in Fernie closed, and bought wine for the dinner. After dinner and before the dance we had scheduled a slideshow. We were told months before hand that they did not have a projector, but did have a screen. Ok, no problem, I brought a projector for the slideshow. When it was time to run the slideshow, we discovered that no screen was put up. I,personally, questioned the front desk asking where it was, only to be told that they didn't have one. I responded that yes, I had talked to the wedding co-ordinater earlier that day, and she confirmed we had a screen for the slideshow. Then they decided to tell me that we obviously didn't book the screen, which was on the wedding program that the Lodge made. Usually I am a calm and understanding person, but this put me over the top. After, admittedly, throwing a temper tantrum telling them to actually get off their [--] and look for one.... they found the screen in the back room. Surprisingly. TLDR; Nice hotel to stay at for a vacation, but NEVER use this place for special occasions (weddings, anniversary's etc.)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
LizardCreek, Manager at Lizard Creek Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your review regarding your stay with us at Lizard Creek Lodge.

I would like to apologize for the poor experiences you had during your stay with us for a wedding this fall. Weddings are a time to celebrate couples starting a life together with family and friends. We try our best to accommodate all the requirements to make this special day as seamless as possible. Your comments have been noted and I am truly sorry for your poor experience with not only our front desk agents, but also the organization of the check in process.

I wish to welcome you back to our Lodge again soon to impress upon you an overall improved experience.

Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Krista Anders- Guest Services Manager - Lizard Creek Lodge

Reviewed 10 October 2013

We stayed two nights here and had a loft suite. It had a king bed downstairs and two queen beds upstairs. It also had a shower and Tv up and down Both times our accommodation was spotless. The kitchen was well equipped and we had a small balcony off the living room area. The television was an older model, but worked okay. The bed was comfortable but the noise from the heater, next to the bed was annoying. We had occasion to eat at the dining room one night and the food was excellent.
This is a full service lodge with underground parking and has beautiful landscaping. We found the staff to be polite and responsive to our requests. Our stay was off season and there were few guests at the time we were there.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I am booked to stay at this hotel in November. I called last week to ask whether I can change my stay from a three to a four night. The front desk staff member snapped at me right away and said no, you can't make and changes...and then she hung up on me! I didn't even get a chance to tell them the dates when I was staying there. This is the worst service that I have ever received from hotel staff...it makes me scared to actually stay at this place!!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dany K

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us at Lizard Creek Lodge in Fernie, BC.

I am thrilled to see that you have returned to stay with us during the shoulder season. I am sure you had the feeling of relaxation as it is a very quiet time of year as we prepare for the busy winter season.

The restaurant and amenities are amazing and convenient at Lizard Creek Lodge. It delights me to hear that the staff made your stay welcoming and comfortable.

I apologize for the noisy heater by your bed. It has been noted and our maintenance team will make sure it will be in tip top shape for our next guest.

I look forward to your next visit with us!

Have a wonderful day!

Krista Anders - Guest Services Manager - Lizard Creek Lodge

Reviewed 2 October 2013

We spent a couple of fall days here and very much enjoyed ourselves. Our suite was attractive, spacious and clean. All of the staff were nice and friendly, and the gym is well equipped. The grounds were lovely with lots of flower gardens and baskets. We didn't eat in the restaurant, but they did offer a complimentary breakfast which was basic but adequate.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 September 2013

The suites come with a kitchenette, every dish was dirty! Bathtub had hair everywhere. Front desk never answered the phone, were rude and didn't seem to care one bit about our comfort. The only ice machine is in the main lodge. The rooms are great sizes (condo style), that is the only benefit. Wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple