“Best Breakfast in Fernie” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Stanton's Local Cookhouse - CLOSED

Stanton's Local Cookhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Spanish, Fusion, Wine Bar
Description: Stanton's Local Cookhouse operates under the guidelines of homemade fresh, local, seasonal, wild and organic when possible. we take much pride in using locally grown and raised food whenever possible. We manage though to get all our wild game, beef, pork, chicken and dairy from local BC farmers and ranchers.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Breakfast in Fernie”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

I visited Stanton's in February 2014. I was incredibly happy with the food and service.

The host/bartender was friendly and knowledgeable. Presentation of the food was impeccable and everything was gorgeous tasting.

The waitress was a gem: prompt, friendly, and even gave us a run down of the conditions of the different slopes for the week.

I recommend Stanton's every time I hear people are going to Fernie, and will certainly be back.

• Visited February 2014

Ottawa, Canada
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Just spent the winter in Fernie skiing. This was my absolute favorite place to eat out in town. They opened late 2013 and I think it took them a while to get all the wrinkles ironed out. I ate there several times January through March, never disappointed, always delighted. Mark and his staff welcoming, friendly and attentive. Nothing but good things to say about the food - inventive, local, not your usual mainstream fair (eg - bratwurst/wild boar/corn chowder, rabbit stew, roast wild boar). Good wine list. Comfortable casual atmoshphere, nice local decor - mixed clientale - everything from local ski bums in toques to people dressed for a nice evening meal. They have a great little area with couches and comfy chairs that is great if you just want to sit with a drink. A welcome addition to the Fernie dining scene. It will be the first place I go next time I am back in town.

Jim - Ottawa, Ont.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Fernie, Canada
“Restaurant in the making”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Although I gave the restaurant a 3 I believe with a bit more time the rating will improve. We were there 4 days after New Years and the restaurant was still restocking the kitchen and the bar. The service was okay. The fella that looked after us was attentive, not in our faces, but seemed at bit overwhelmed. It didn't help that the kitchen didn't seem to be on their game. Our apps took forever to come to the table. Then in addition, one of our meals had to be sent back since it wasn't cooked to preference but they did correct the dish. All at the table agreed that the mains were all very tasty but the side vegetables were lacking in imagination and taste.
What seemed to be wrong was that the description from the web page and the Fernie Fix didn't gel with the product offered. Our conclusion was that the restaurant is still developing their menu and their service and based on the main dishes we received we believe they will improve. All the best we hope you do well.

Visited January 2014