“Excellent food, too bad their schedule is limited”
Review of Lotus Bleu Cafe

Lotus Bleu Cafe
Ranked #3 of 59 Restaurants in Edmundston
Price range: US$4 - US$9
Cuisines: Cafe, Canadian, Soups, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: Socially responsible grassroots coffee shop with southern France influence, serving fresh, mostly organic homemade foods & desserts. In-house Barista and tea maniacs at your service. -Relaxing vibe, friendly service, games, wifi.
“Excellent food, too bad their schedule is limited”
Reviewed 29 August 2014 via mobile

Went there many times for coffee, muffins, and a few times for lunch. Entering the place, you feel a little San Francisco vibe. The food is vegan, and I am a meat lover, but everything is so good I keep going back.
Their no-sugar added banana-chocolate muffin is a best bet.
Vege-pâté sandwich are nice.

The only downside to this place is their limited schedule. They are closed Sunday-Monday and operate from 7h30 to 16h Tuesday-Friday and 9h to 16h Saturday.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Derf86

Saint John, Canada
“Simple, fresh and very nutritious”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

On a recent work assignment I discovered this lovely café in downtown Edmundston. Staff were extremely personable and informative. I had a soup/salad deal which was simple, elegant and exploded with fresh garden flavours. I ordered a cup of coffee for take away. They told me it was Sumatran, and I thought... hmmm, not a fan. BUT.. I went with it and I'm glad I did. It was the best cup of coffee I've had in a while. The soup was a creamed vegetable Thai twist and the salad had everything I could have wanted and was satisfying. I left with a full and happy belly.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank whiskylassie
Peterborough, Canada
“Seriously Tasty Vegetarian Food”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is a cute little spot that always seems to be busy. Both times I ordered the l'Assiete Soleil which is this salad that is served with veg pate and 2 different flavours of hummus on pieces of olive bread, shaped like the sun. Although this salad was simple, it was probably the best salad I've ever had.
They only serve vegetarian food and they have a limited menu. They also have a great selection of drinks (i.e. hot teas).
Food was seriously inexpensive: I think the salad was $8.25+ tax.
Decor is very kitschy.
It is definitely worth the try, even if you think you don't like vegetarian food.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank lina3362000
Merrimac, Massachusetts
“Great Meal”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We stopped after biking the Petit Temis Trail and had falafel sandwiches, soup, salad, and lemonade. The food was awesome and the service quick and friendly.

1 Thank LikesItHot01
“A Wonderful Meal!”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My husband and I stopped here on our way through NB (on a 2.5 week east coast tour). It was a fresh and lovely find after eating too many deep fried meals. I had the falafel sandwich with a colourful and generous salad on the side (the house dressing is tasty and fresh!) and my husband had their daily special (a veggie stir fry with rice and salad) as well as the dahl soup. Everything was incredibly flavourful and left us feeling satisfied and energized! The staff (and other patrons) were warm and welcoming. I would recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a serious dose of nutrition and quality after many meals on the road. Thanks Lotus Bleu! We shall return again some day!

• Visited June 2014