“Excellent Value For Money”
Review of La Roma Motel

La Roma Motel
La Roma Motel
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Halifax, Canada
“Excellent Value For Money”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

This low-priced motel is located in a delightful setting just a couple of minutes off the TransCanada Highway. The rooms and swimming pool are clean and the food is excellent. The owners go the extra mile to ensure your needs are accommodated. Highly recommended as a comfortable place to stay. Very much look forward to my next visit.
Barry K

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Barry465

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 January 2013

It has been a year since I have been at this motel. Again I had a very nice greeting and was surprised to see that in the year they have upgraded the room furnishings. I love the hospitality, the price and the size of the room. I enjoy this motel and plan to stop there again next week on my way home.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank BethWL
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We hadn't planned on staying at La Roma on our trip through NB but circumstances forced us to stop (bad weather and a lost wallet)
Went we arrived it was late (probably 9pm) there was a nice man at the desk and was very sympathetic to our situation (no id or credit card).
Luckily for us there was a room available and our dog was even permitted in.

The room was basic, clean and had a full bathroom.
There was no noise from the highway or adjacent rooms.

Good value, understanding owners and a good nights rest.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Smiths Falls, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2012

We stayed here on our way to and from the maritimes. The motel is very accessible from hwy 2 (exit 21). Rooms were clean, pool was clean and the service was prompt and friendly. Food in the restaurant was good and prices were economical.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Barb D
Elora, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at La Roma (notice I didn't use the word "slept") on our way to Cape Breton. First impression upon entering the room was not good. The room had such a strong odour of mildew and Fabreeze. I have a strong aversion to chemicals and the smell nearly knocked me over. The décor was definitely dated (but that is not really an issue as long as everything works).

The blinds were not in good shape and they were light coloured so the light from the parking lot glared in through the window all night and the parking lot lights were BRIGHT! It was like daylight in the room. We did not sleep very well and in fact we decided to just get on the road at 5:00 am because we were so uncomfortable and unhappy.

As for the beds...as I pulled back the sheet I noticed a very tiny bug scurry away...not sure what it was but it left me feeling very nervous and a little creeped out all night. Could have been a fluke.

Now for a positive...the grounds are lovely and a nice bonus that they have a pool. This place has a lot of potential but they need to drop some money on updating the rooms and improving things. It was $120 to stay the night...maybe for the area that is not too expensive, but in general that money should get you a decent place to sleep. In my books the room was probably only worth $60-75/night TOPS. Spend the extra $20 and book the Days Inn, in my opinion.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank canadajen68

Travellers are raving about these Edmundston hotels

Bridgewater, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had called 2 days in advance of my trip through here and indicated that I was on a motorcycle and might be a little late in arriving. I would be on the road for 13+ hours and would be quite hungry. Sandra(the co-owner) said the dining room closed at 8. Due to weather I arrived at 8:15 and they had kept the dining room open for me!! Awesome homecooked meal and a glass of wine. Highly recommended for bike tourers and families.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Ninjaboy_12
Antigonish
Reviewed 31 May 2012

While being just average or a little better the rooms are clean, thew price is low and the motel is easily accessible off the Trans Canada.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple