“Love this motel!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Ottawa, Canada
“Love this motel!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

tasty, quick, and inexpensive breakfast. A variety of choices.
Location is great.
Beds a bit hard but over all clean and nice rooms.
Price is definitely reasonable.
Our family comes here every time we summer at least twice.
Friendly staff, very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank christine l

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ottawa
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We spent one night at La Roma on our way home from PEI. The location is very convenient, just off the highway but we couldn't hear any traffic noise. The surrounding is peaceful. The room was clean, bed comfortable, and bathroom was adequate, water pressure in shower good; added bonus - the sink was outside the bathroom so both of us could get ready at the same time.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gripbic45
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

Spent one night at this motel. Close to the highway. Clean room although our room had a musty smell. You can see that they did some updates in the room but could use more updating... the carpet could be replaced,bathroom door was damaged.... But for the price we had a good night sleep and it was very quiet. We had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good. The homemade pies were awesome. Did not use the pool on site but I could see that it was very clean also. Would stay there again.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gway72
montreal canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013 via mobile

Off the beaten track ,lies this nice hotel with a quiet stream nearby. This is a no frills motel (a little too expensive for the class ). It is very clean, the rooms are fresh. The service is friendly and the food is quite nice in the adjoining resto . Only a nitpick are the bathrooms. With the sink outside (pros or cons depending on tastes ), the bathroom barely holds a toilet and tub. No counters or ledges. A tiny bath towel and those teeeeeny bar-letts of soap they used to use 30 years ago.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank intellibyte
London, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights in late June and having driven many hours was in need of respite. Unfortunately it didn't happen here.
They put me in room16. Do not take the rooms at this end of building. Thank God I travel with ear plugs b/c the water pump/system was directly next or below me. The pump cycles on approx. every 10 mins. and did so the entire 48 plus hrs. I was there.
Luckily I had my ear plugs so it wasn't as bad as it could have. I travel with an air purifier that gives me the white noise needed to help with my insomnia issues.
I didn't ask to change rooms b/c I really just got used to the sound........................like living next to train tracks I guess.

I really don't nit pick b/c I know how hard running a hotel/motel must be. And I rarely complain when on the road but I'm giving the rest of you a heads up b/c this will be an issue for some.

Other issues like uneven drop off with the step when leaving unit may be an issue for anyone with mobility issues. I found it tricky, especially when dark.
The other disappointment was lack of a microwave.I took it for granted that one would be there and bought some frozen dinners. Had to throw them out.

Penny saved, pound foolish seems to be an axiom this motel adheres to. If they simply invested a bit of money in some areas, it would bring in more $.
I meant to point out to them when leaving that if they had a separate switch to turn on the ceiling fan then over the course of a year that small correction would save them a fair bit in hydro costs if every bathroom had a separate light and fan switch.
The beds/mattresses-could use new ones. I found them incredibly hard.

Room Tip: Book a room closer to office as the water pump/system runs almost constantly at far end on main leve...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank hatthead2011
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2013

This low-priced motel is located in a delightful setting just a couple of minutes off the TransCanada Highway. The rooms and swimming pool are clean and the food is excellent. The owners go the extra mile to ensure your needs are accommodated. Highly recommended as a comfortable place to stay. Very much look forward to my next visit.
Barry K

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Barry465
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

It has been a year since I have been at this motel. Again I had a very nice greeting and was surprised to see that in the year they have upgraded the room furnishings. I love the hospitality, the price and the size of the room. I enjoy this motel and plan to stop there again next week on my way home.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business