“Yah...I wasn't all that "Happy" when I saw the room.”
Review of Happy Club & Motel

Happy Club & Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
toronto
“Yah...I wasn't all that "Happy" when I saw the room.”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

There are always pros and cons when staying at a mom and pop motel. I get that. I usually stay at the Best Western or Days Inn when commuting to Toronto. This time I decided to change it up and based on the reviews here, booked a night at Happy Motel.

The owners were delightful. Ample parking. The room was clean.

Room felt like I was in a college dorm. The Wifi was awful. The bathroom small and cramped.

I don't expect a lot from a motel with minimal amenities, but those amenities "HAVE" to work.

Next time I will stay at the Days Inn.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lethbridge, Canada
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm traveling from Calgary to visit the Maritimes, and this place fit the bill perfectly. The warm welcome I received from the lady at the front desk made my day!! Others have written about the rooms and features so I won't repeat the message, but all in all it was a good, quiet night and well worth the money!! If a person wants more upscale, then by all means pay more, but for the price range it was great :) I'd stop in again for sure!

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Wilton, California
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I loved Joanne when we stopped in for check-in. We had made our reservation she said she would try to get us a bottom floor room and she did that, which we appreciated. As others have noted she has a great sense of humor and takes an interest in each customer that comes through her door. The room price was reasonable, until the Canadian taxes are added in, but the motel has no control over that aspect. Our room was large. When you walk in there's a small foyer with the bathroom ahead. You need to turn into the bedroom. Lots of storage area, plenty of chairs. The bed was comfortable and everything was spotless. Both heat and A/C available. There is an area outside where you may just sit and chat or read that I thought was really charming. Joanne not only recommended an excellent restaurant she made markings on the local map to ensure we got there. That was a big help. We were really thrilled with our last night in New Brunswick. The business card now only says "Happy Motel".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Gatineau, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Located "right" on a busy street hardly qualifies as a convenient location. Vinyl flooring and cheap furniture hardly elicits value ... unless you really are looking for cheap. No closet and Dollar Store towels go hand-in-hand. If all you're looking for is a low priced room, this might fit the bill.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
NB Canada
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I have stayed here many times on business, and booked my crew here as well. This is absolutely the best deal in NB. A very fair price gets you an immaculately clean room with a comfortable bed, microwave and small fridge, in a central location.
Joanne has been the perfect hostess for myself and crew, and has made every effort to accommodate every request.
You can stay at the BW for $120, that's fine, or you can stay here for about $60. An easy call.
Furthermore, if you've got business in the generally overpriced (except for Motel Leo) nearby town of Grand Falls, you're better off staying here and driving to and from GF.
Looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is an older, no frills motel that has been renovated and updated.

While I have never posted on this site, I have travelled extensively and, at one time, spent almost every working day on the road, mostly at the higher-end hotels (the company paid...). This is the absolute cleanest room I have ever had. The owner even explained how they went with linoleum flooring and blinds so there would be no dust. Excellent choice for anyone with allergies.

Good quality bed. Mini-fridge, microwave and TV.

Cute place with a real attention to detail. Absolutely refreshing. This will be my choice for accommodation in Edmundston. It is a pleasure to support a small business where they are even more a clean freak than I am!

Polite and very accommodating. Given their very low price, book directly so they can make a living and you do not get stuck with one of those non-cancellable bookings through the online services.

Room Tip: facing parking lot is a bit quieter.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Gregg K
Dartmouth, Canada
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Travelling from Halifax to Montreal, we just want a clean, safe place to sleep, not too far from the highway, without paying an arm and a leg. Happy Motel is just that, and a little more. Immaculately clean, conveniently located near a convenience store, a coffee shop, a restaurant chain, a fast food place, and a pharmacy, at half the cost of the other hotels ... we just loved staying here and will plan to stay here each time we drive from Halifax westward. Thanks!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple