“Another great stay”
Review of Happy Club & Motel

Happy Club & Motel
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Edmundston
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have stayed here 3 time now and each time was great. Our first room was on the back and was great with the parking right outside our door. The other times we were in #15 which was all the way at the top on the road side. Despite reading that other people found this noisy because of being close to the road we went right to sleep and heard nothing. This room has a deck outside with a picnic table which was great for traveling with kids. Once again we had a great stay and the staff are awesome. We noticed that it was up for sale and I hope the new owners take as much pride in "the happy" as these ones. Clean, comfortable, and in a great location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back so you can park next to your door if you want a quick in and out.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Heather F

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Our room was beautiful: it had a big bed with a gorgeous quilt and was very comfortable. The whole place was extremely clean. The shower was great, very hot with good water pressure and the bathroom even has a heat light, as well as hair dryer. Very spacious. There was a table, 3 chairs, fridge, microwave, dresser, air conditioning, and free wifi. Outside there was a nice sitting area with swing chairs on the deck. Staff was pleasant. Quiet location and also conveniently located across from Tim Hortons, as well as Dairy Queen and several other stores. Our room was $100 for one double bed and a cot. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Carin F
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were looking for a motel that could accommodate 2 couples on a golfing/sightseeing trip to the Edmundston area and this one was exactly what we were looking for. The family room was just what we were looking for with 2 large bedrooms, a full well stocked kitchen, dining area and living room with a very comfortable leather reclining 3seat couch, big screen tv,etc. The bathroom was fine with good water pressure and a comfortable newly installed shower unit. The staff were very friendly and helpful with making sure our stay was a pleasant one and the room was very clean and well appointed. The beds, (2 queen in each room), were very comfortable as we're the pillows. The air conditioners worked very well and kept our entire apartment comfortable day and night. Parking is somewhat limited but plenty is available at neighbouring businesses.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and it's downtown location was great, near restaurants, shopping, and golf. I would definitely stay here when in the area again.

Room Tip: I highly recommend the family room for couples, and it sleeps 8 comfortably.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 188th0mash
Reviewed 23 July 2014

You will not find a cleaner motel on the east coast than the Happy Motel. It is truly spotless. It's not fancy but the decor is fresh. The bed linens are soft and immaculate. We stay here every year on our way to and back from Nova Scotia. We like Room #18 which is in the back. It might not be for everyone but we love it. The door opens to a little foyer; the main bedroom is down a short step. There is one window which makes it a bit dark. There is no view but it is the perfect quiet room for resting up for the next day's journey. I love that there is a fridge with a freezer. Very reasonably priced, friendly owners who recently put the motel up for sale. I hope the next owners run the Happy Motel to the same incredible standard.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back off the parking lot are very quiet. Rooms in the front face a busy road and have a...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2014

After a few km of hydroplaning down the TransCanada through horrific weather, we decided to rest for the night. I whipped out my phone and Trip Advisor suggested Happy Motel. A little wary of a motel, we kept looking. We went to the Comfort Inn and for $140 they had mediocre rooms... we were tempted to keep driving.

We stopped by the Happy Motel and I kid you not, for $70 all in we got a double bed in the cleanest room I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. No hyperbole.
The bed was comfortable, there was a mini fridge, we had Rogers cable tv, there was a beautiful and MASSIVE deck with Muskoka chairs to watch the storm... it was LOVELY.
The lady who checked us in (Jeannette maybe??) highly recommended we sit out there and I'm so glad we did.
She also pointed us to Le Vieux Poele Steakhouse for a bite to eat... the food was incredible. I can't recommend what a surprise this whole experience is. I regularly stay at Starwoods, Fairmonts, Ritz Carltons... but sometimes you just need a nice clean comfortable bed and this is it.

Room Tip: Our double bed on the second floor was lovely.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kiara S
Reviewed 1 July 2014

There are always pros and cons when staying at a mom and pop motel. I get that. I usually stay at the Best Western or Days Inn when commuting to Toronto. This time I decided to change it up and based on the reviews here, booked a night at Happy Motel.

The owners were delightful. Ample parking. The room was clean.

Room felt like I was in a college dorm. The Wifi was awful. The bathroom small and cramped.

I don't expect a lot from a motel with minimal amenities, but those amenities "HAVE" to work.

Next time I will stay at the Days Inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

I'm traveling from Calgary to visit the Maritimes, and this place fit the bill perfectly. The warm welcome I received from the lady at the front desk made my day!! Others have written about the rooms and features so I won't repeat the message, but all in all it was a good, quiet night and well worth the money!! If a person wants more upscale, then by all means pay more, but for the price range it was great :) I'd stop in again for sure!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo