“Adequate lodging in a pretty area”

Club Vacances Toutes Saisons
ATLANTA
“Adequate lodging in a pretty area”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My sister had exchanged for this resort using RCI points, with a surcharge (modest) to "upgrade" to 2 bedrooms. We were assigned one of the "old buildings". The good news was were were on the 3rd floor with noone running over our heads. The bad news was it was 28 steps on a narrow staircase, a burden for my arthritic husband. The good news, we had a deck. The bad news was it overlooked the parking lot, and if you had a view of the mountains, it was thru the high tension electric grid right next door (not comfortable situation for me). The good news is there are 2 pools, the bad news is there is no designated adult time for lap swim, and the many children there take full advantage of the pool, as is their right. The concierge is very helpful. The staff unfailingly polite. The unit is clean and the bed comfortable, but I would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: The wiFi is so slow they refunded the fee. Ask for one of the newer buildings with a view of the mo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

If you are there for mont sainte anne this resort is close enough for convenience and far enough to get some quiet. The location is great for day trips to Quebec City and local highlights like Chutes Jean Larose. Our summer stay here made it obvious that this place is about winter, no air conditioning at 30 degrees makes for sticky sleeps. There is plenty to do on and off the property so no boredom! The room is well equipped, staff are accommodating and the grounds are well tended. Solid good choice for an inexpensive week away.

Stayed July 2014
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We used RCI points to book this location. From here it was 30 minutes into Quebec for tours (plus the resort organized a wonderful tour of the old city including a river cruise). We took time to visit the sites in Beaupre and drove up the river to the seven falls and the extraordinary countryside. The maintenance on the property is excellent, but it is spartan. We appreciated the fully equipped kitchen.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jobuckley
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here in June on RCI points and it was very important to read the reviews. We asked for A/C, newly renovated and first floor (since there is no elevator) in a section recommended by others on Tripadvisor. We also called ahead and talked to Michael directly who guided us to condo 1505 with a view of the mountains (as long as you ignored the high power lines in the distance). My wife's first impression of the outside of the condo was not good and it went down from there when she walked in. This was not an Embassy Suite. However, by the time we left, she said the stay was great. The one bedroom condo had a nice sitting room with a large refrigerator, microwave, stove and dishwasher and became a comfortable setting in the mornings to enjoy a cup of coffee and a light breakfast. It also became a relaxing place to come back to after our trips into Quebec City or the Isle d'Orleans for a glass of wine and some down time. By the end of our week stay, my wife missed the easiness of the condo - you just can't expect hotel accommodations.

Can't say enough about the staff in the office. The IT manager was always helpful and the girls at the desk always had a smile and were eager to help with anything that you needed. JoAnne and Rachael as concierges were fun to work with and very helpful all week long.

I can recommend these condos as a nice place to stay which are outside of Quebec City by about 30 minutes. Read the reviews and talk to the room manager Michael. We were able to drive into and enjoy QC several times but also were close to other interesting areas - Montmorency Falls, Isle d'Orleans, the Copper factory/museum, close to mountain views, the hydro plant (don't laugh it was interesting), etc.

Room Tip: Ask for a condo in the newly renovated section with A/C and good views. There are three floors in so...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jack B
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

Came up with family on business/vacation and tour of Quebec. Excellent stay off season as it's a winter resort. Very clean. Will come again. Late check in? Don't be worried. There's a number to call once you get in the lobby. They'll give you a code to get your key out the safe.

• Stayed June 2014
Bolton, Canada
Reviewed 13 April 2014

I stayed at Club Vacances for a March break ski vacation with my family of five (2 adults and 3 teenagers).

After returning home, I received a call from the hotel indicating that I had been charged over $300 for allegedly damaging one of the two new red leather sofa chairs in the condo we stayed in. This was a totally false accusation as there was no damage caused whatsover to any furniture during our stay.

Shorly after our stay, the resort forwarded me a letter containing two photos of a damaged chair, and without a doubt I confirmed that this damage did not occur during my stay. When I viewed the photos, it appeared that there was significant damage to the chair - in fact there appeared to be six distinct occurrences of noticeable wear. This was not the condition of either of the two red leather chairs when we departed the condo.

Additionally, I was informed by the staff that the condo I stayed in was refurbished with new chairs about one month prior to my stay. When I observe the photo sent by Club Vacances it appeared that the damage to the chair in the photo was significant, likely as a result of long-term wear, not from a chair that is quite new. Without question, this was not the condition of either of the two red leather chairs when we departed the condo.

I sent a letter to the hotel manager explaining the error, however, I did not receive a reply, nor a refund.

This allegation of damage was both frustrating and disturbing, and I wanted to share this with others who may be thinking of staying here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
6 Thank Brian W

Travellers are raving about these Beaupre hotels

Houston
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We booked a 3 BR suite and ended up getting a Chalet (house). We hated it as it was poorly maintained and decorated like a dorm room. We complained about the problems light bulbs out, grease screen hanging off, all bedroom bed frames loose, shower doors about to fall off, rusty bolts exposed in the bathroom, furniture worn beyond its useful life. We were offered a renovated condo with only one bedroom. Our family was not going to make it due to weather so we accepted the down grade and the management was not willing to refund our money and even charged us a cleaning fee for both units. The renovated condo was much better than the chalets but overall we were disappointed by the management's decisions which is why I am writing this review.

Room Tip: Make sure the rooms have been recently renovated. Stay away from chalets.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank fuelman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beaupre
Chateau Mont-Sainte-Anne
La Camarine
#3 of 4 in Beaupre
Chalets Mont Sainte-Anne
Holiday Villa Resorts at Monte Ste. Anne

Been to Club Vacances Toutes Saisons? Share your experiences!