Stiles Motel
US$123
US$120
BestWestern.com
US$72
John Gyles Music Room & Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
US$71
Priceline
Knights Inn Woodstock(Jacksonville)
US$120
Hotels.com
US$130
US$68
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed here for one night in October 2013. And we experienced the same things as other reviewers have written about on this thread.

Saggy pillow. I had a hard time falling asleep in the bed, with its firm mattress and thin pillow. Change in price. The price changed from the price quoted on the phone to the price at checkout time by a small amount. The owner lacks a hospitable personality. Minimal toiletries. Dated furniture. Overpriced room. We paid $90 taxes in. Thus, I would not recommend this motel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank quietblue
Reviewed 3 September 2013

We found the motel by chance. Had driven to far and really needed a room for the night. The owner was so welcoming and nice. When we asked if we could have something to eat - it was 23:00 and we had´t had dinner - we was served a wonderful indian dinner. The rooms are large and very clean. On our way back we planned our trip so we could stay another night at the motel - and eat the indian dinner once more. Stiles motel is a very good choice if you are driving through New Brunswick and need a place to eat and spend the night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2013

This place is the worst! I'm sorry. But it is. No soap. No shampoo. No hair dryer. No fridge. No microwave. No coffee. No nothing. Nothing. Didn't honor rates.( my husband was tired of driving, we had to stop) We had 2 very saggy pillows. We paid in US $. No receipt.. Honestly...no nothing. I'm not picky really... This was the worst place to stay in!

Room Tip: Save your money....
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Laurel M
stilesmotel, Front Office Manager at Stiles Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Laurel,

Thank you for your comments. Our motel does not have a microwave/fridge in every room. However, it is always available upon request as we have multiple microwaves, fridges and hairdryers for our customers to use. Unfortunately, you never brought it to our attention that you required any of these, since you never asked us at all upon checking in nor afterwards.
Secondly, every single room is set up for 2 people with all toiletries included. The room was shown to you by someone working at the front desk, thus, it was made sure that everything was there and ready.
Finally, you paid us US dollars since that was more conveniently available to you at the moment. We would have for sure given you a receipt if you had asked us, which, once again unfortunately, you did not. We also have a large restaurant on site and fresh coffee is always available here.

We guess there was a lack of sufficient 2-way communication. We apologize for not meeting your expectations.

Stiles Motel

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I called to make a reservation for one night and was quoted $89 for the room. I mentioned that I was online and the rates stated were $69-79. His response was that those were the winter rates. I pointed out that nowhere on the website does it say that the posted rates were winter rates and that if a range is given that should indicate the range the whole year. As the website indicates a “special seniors rate”, I inquired about that rate and was told that the $89 was better than the seniors rate. Finally I mentioned that the website stated that mentioning “code SWM55 to save $5.00 per night”. Again the reply was that the $89 rate included that discount. And obviously $59 rate on the billboard along the TransCanada highway it more false advertising.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank driftdiver1
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed and ate at the motel. I had been cycling for 200km and still had trouble finishing the meal! The room was large and clean. Very good price and very good service!I especially liked that I was accomidated to take a room further away from the road as I am a light sleeper.

• Stayed: August 2013