Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
US$120
Hotels.com
US$130
US$68
All reviewsbagelstoastking bedroom was small but cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulcoffee makeroff the highwayironing boardnova scotiacape bretongreat stopbeds were comfortableen routeframedecafhalifaxmicrowave
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Older 'motor court' hotel with cosmetic upgrades and rooms opening directly to exterior. Room was on the small side but appeared clean. Pool is located in a separate building. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. Continental breakfast included typical fare. I'd make another overnight stop here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Okay for a stopover but rooms are outdated, bed wasn't comfortable. Front desk staff was friendly. Pool was okay. Didn't stay for breakfast. Our room was clean. TV was good (flat screen and cable). It was quiet. Microwave and refrigerator were in the room and adequate. I'd rate the hotel better had the bed been more comfortable.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I am not sure where the photos came from on the web site, but the rooms we seen were not even remotely the same. The first room we were given had hair all over the tub faucet, dirty vanity, toilet. When we complained we were shown another room, mildly better, but the tub plug had a nasty build up and the shower was filthy. If the cleaning is this minimal, what other short-cuts are taken by the cleaning staff? I slept on top of the bed spread. I will not go back. My husband took two seconds and cleaned half of the tub plug with a bit of soap and water and presented to the desk. We did however get a $20.00 credit. If there had been any other places to stay after a 12 hour drive we would have left. I would not recommend this place to anyone who cares about cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Andy K, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. When the front desk agent informed me of the situation, I promptly came to the property that evening to inspect the first room that was assigned. Apart from a few hairline scratches because of the age of the bathroom, I did not find any hair. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we gave the benefit of the doubt.

There was hard water build up on the shower head, which I do apologize for and refunded $20 for the inconvenience. Our staff is well training as you can see from previous comments and I am sure if there was anything else wrong with the room it would have been brought to our attention since you mentioned you are in the cleaning business. The photos on the site do represent most of our room types and if we could we would post pictures of all 53 of our rooms, but there are restriction on the number of pictures that can be posted on the website. I would recommend anyone to inspect the room before checking-in because we want all our guests to be 100% satisfied.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights while visiting family. It was a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable. It was made up immaculately each day. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The pool area was used A LOT by our daughter and was always clean. The price for 6 nights was more than reasonable. The included Contintental Breakfast was very yummy. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room - apparently there are some that are not done yet!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlanda W
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about my staff and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your thoughtful comments will be shared with all the staff as a encouragement to continue providing great service to all our guests. Thank you once again for staying with us. It is appreciated!

Reviewed 29 May 2012

We stayed here for one night on May 25, 2012. I would like to start out by saying that the room was small but clean, the motel seemed to be clean as well..my daughter and husband enjoyed swimming in the pool..the continental breakfast in the morning was what we expected with lots of variety...however, it was the worst night sleep that my husband and myself have ever had...I have never "slept" (which I have to say we didn't do much of) on more uncomfortable beds...I think we may have gotten a couple of hours of sleep..if that...The mattresses where by far the hardest, most uncomfortable mattresses we have ever slept on. The reason we chose to stay for the night was because my daughter had a gymnastics competition on Sat morning in Florenceville and we decided it would be better to say in a hotel..closer to where she was competing then to get up early in the morning and drive from Fredericton...both my husband and myself commented in the morning that we would have been better sleeping in our own bed and getting up at 5 in the morning..I spent most of the night trying to figure out if they had a box spring on top of a box spring. When we were leaving in the morning, I couldn't complain to the front desk staff because we had to leave and the girl "working" the front desk was in the breakfast room making coffee and I had to hand my room key to her down there. I have to say that I would never stay at the Howard Johnson's in Woodstock again nor would I recommend it to anyone. My suggestion would be to invest in better mattresses or at least get eggcrates or something for them.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Andy K, General Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2012

We thank you for your positive comments regarding cleanliness of our rooms, Pool Area, and Continental Breakfast. Like the rest of the items, we take pride in our beds also. The entire building you stayed in have the same type of mattress. They were purchased from Simons Canada 2 years ago and are according to brand standards.

The reason I waited so long to respond to your comments was so that we can rent as many rooms as possible in the same building and see if another guest had the same reaction towards the beds.

I myself appointed the morning shift to ask the guests how their stay was and if the beds were comfortable. We didn’t get one negative comment regarding the beds. Even before your stay we didn’t have anyone complain about those mattresses so last summer we went ahead and replaced another section of rooms with mattresses from the same company. Perhaps given another chance you might find these mattress are as comfortable as the ones you have at home.

Andy Kumar