Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
BestWestern.com
US$84
Stiles Motel(Woodstock)
US$80
John Gyles Music Room & Inn(Woodstock)(Great Value!)
Knights Inn Woodstock(Jacksonville)
US$120
US$130
All reviewsbagelstoastking bedroom was small but cleanstaff was very friendly and helpfulcoffee makeroff the highwayironing boardnova scotiacape bretongreat stopbeds were comfortableen routeframedecafhalifaxmicrowave
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This place is alright for a clean, quit sleep on the long, boring drive through NB. It was not that inexpensive. They only had one crib (play pen actually) for the entire place. They accept dogs. We were in the A-frame which is large, renovated and private. Take it! Staff was friendly and breakfast was adequate.

Room Tip: take the A-frame!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2012

Older 'motor court' hotel with cosmetic upgrades and rooms opening directly to exterior. Room was on the small side but appeared clean. Pool is located in a separate building. Staff was pleasant and very helpful. Continental breakfast included typical fare. I'd make another overnight stop here.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Okay for a stopover but rooms are outdated, bed wasn't comfortable. Front desk staff was friendly. Pool was okay. Didn't stay for breakfast. Our room was clean. TV was good (flat screen and cable). It was quiet. Microwave and refrigerator were in the room and adequate. I'd rate the hotel better had the bed been more comfortable.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I am not sure where the photos came from on the web site, but the rooms we seen were not even remotely the same. The first room we were given had hair all over the tub faucet, dirty vanity, toilet. When we complained we were shown another room, mildly better, but the tub plug had a nasty build up and the shower was filthy. If the cleaning is this minimal, what other short-cuts are taken by the cleaning staff? I slept on top of the bed spread. I will not go back. My husband took two seconds and cleaned half of the tub plug with a bit of soap and water and presented to the desk. We did however get a $20.00 credit. If there had been any other places to stay after a 12 hour drive we would have left. I would not recommend this place to anyone who cares about cleanliness.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Andy K, Manager at Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

I thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. When the front desk agent informed me of the situation, I promptly came to the property that evening to inspect the first room that was assigned. Apart from a few hairline scratches because of the age of the bathroom, I did not find any hair. We want all our guests to be satisfied so we gave the benefit of the doubt.

There was hard water build up on the shower head, which I do apologize for and refunded $20 for the inconvenience. Our staff is well training as you can see from previous comments and I am sure if there was anything else wrong with the room it would have been brought to our attention since you mentioned you are in the cleaning business. The photos on the site do represent most of our room types and if we could we would post pictures of all 53 of our rooms, but there are restriction on the number of pictures that can be posted on the website. I would recommend anyone to inspect the room before checking-in because we want all our guests to be 100% satisfied.

Reviewed 8 July 2012

We stayed there for 6 nights while visiting family. It was a wonderful place to stay. The room was clean and comfortable. It was made up immaculately each day. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The pool area was used A LOT by our daughter and was always clean. The price for 6 nights was more than reasonable. The included Contintental Breakfast was very yummy. We will definitely be back!

Room Tip: ask for a renovated room - apparently there are some that are not done yet!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Arlanda W
Management response:Responded 12 July 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about my staff and I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Your thoughtful comments will be shared with all the staff as a encouragement to continue providing great service to all our guests. Thank you once again for staying with us. It is appreciated!