We usually stay in Houlton after a 9 hour drive before crossing the border on our way to Cape Breton. When we arrived and learned that our hotel in Maine would be without power overnight, we found this to be unacceptable so we drove on. We had a very easy border crossing at dinner time, and began to look for an hotel in Woodstock.
Howard Johnson Inn was the first place we saw. The receptionist, Amy, was very pleasant and helpful and showed us several available room types. She also recommended a place one exit away on the highway where we could get dinner.
The room we settled on overlooked the pool. We can't understand why anyone would particularly want to overlook the pool; we choose this room because it was quieter than the ones in the separate block which overlooked the highway.
The hallway was dark dingy, and the staircase very unpleasant, but the room itself was OK. The bed was comfortable; the linens were clean; there was free wi-fi; the TV worked, although without a guide it was difficult to find anything to watch without surfing. The big problem was the light spilling into the room through the curtains, which did not fully close; there was no way to fix this and it made sleeping a little difficult.
Breakfast was complimentary - the usual suspects: cereal, muffins, bagels, bananas, juices, and coffee. Enough to get one started on the day. The Breakfast Room in the lower level next to the 'Fitness Centre" was barren and uninviting, but the breakfast was free and quick.
It was an unexpected surprise to learn that crossing the border at night and being able to stay at Hojos was easier than staying in Maine and continuing on to Canada the following day. We will return to here on our next trip north.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Howard Johnson, a Woodstock hotel on Trans-Canada Highway.Located in the heart of the St. John River Valley at the intersection of the Trans-Canada Highway and Interstate 95, the Howard Johnson Woodstock Inn is minutes from the downtown area. This Woodstock hotel is also close to the Carleton Civic Center, New Brunswick Community College, Covered Bridge Golf & Country Club and Hartland Covered Bridge, the longest covered bridge in the world. Howard Johnson Woodstock is a pet friendly place. Since the Hotel only offers a limited amount of guest rooms that are designated for pets, you must notify the hotel at time of booking to ensure availability and also upon check-in with the Front Desk Staff. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock Hotel Woodstock
- Howard Johnson Woodstock
- Woodstock Howard Johnson
- Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB Canada - New Brunswick