Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Woodstock
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Super clean hotel, good breakfast included in stay, checkin without a smile by an employee who is easily confused, (check in and check out is the main task at reception, isn't it?) but check out by the super smiley asian girl was the best.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

I am sorry that you didn't receive a friendly check-in, I apologize. What day did you check-in. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to the young lady that checked you out. I hope you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

From the minute we arrived until we left we were treated with courtesy. Our room was spacious, clean, great shower and fabulous linens. The small hotel bar served fabulous cocktails. Delicious. Great breakfast. Easy parking.

Room Tip: We were on the ground floor as we were travelling with a dog. Very convenient to get outside if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write all of these nice things about my staff. Our goal is to make sure every guest gets that "WOW" experience while here. I will make sure to pass all of these kind words onto all of the staff that made you have this wonderful experience. Hopefully you will be able to come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Arriving late in the evening, it was pleasant to have an efficient and friendly check in staff quickly check me in.
Stayed on the second floor and the room was nice and clean.
Great location just off the highway.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I am glad that you were taken good care of while here. Our staff do an amazing job at making sure the rooms are spotless. The front desk staff also make sure that every guest feels at home while staying with us. Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

in the area for sports tournament with teens, good location, close to restaurants and breakfast includes…not high end but perfect for the occasion. Didn't actually explore other options, knew it would be the right place for this overnight

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We have lots of teams stay with us during the winter season. So we always look forward to teams coming to stay with us. We do our best to make sure that all teams have a good time while staying here. I hope your team will come and stay with us again next year.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We were having a wedding in Woodstock at the Old County Court House and needed a hotel to host our guests. The staff at the Best Western Plus were exceptional in accommodating all our requests. They were always quick to respond to any questions we had.

We also hosted a social in their lounge the night before our wedding and it was remarkably easy to arrange with their staff. They arranged for food to be catered and provided a great bartender to staff the bar. The social was well received by all guests.

The rooms are very clean and modern and the beds are very comfortable. My only disappointment was that our suite did not have a small kitchen sink - since we were there for 7 nights we prepared a lot of our meals in our room and this would have been helpful to have (some of the other suites and regular rooms have kitchen sinks in them). This was a minor inconvenience but was easily overcome by using the bathroom sink.

As a result of us booking a block of rooms we were given a discounted rate which was below the already reasonable rates.

Room Tip: if you are going to be preparing meals in your room consider requesting a room with a microwave, fri...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for all your kind words about our property. Yes unfortunately not all of our rooms have a sink in the living room area. I apologize for that. I had a great time doing all the arrangements for the hotel part of your wedding. Hope you had a wonderful honeymoon. If you every come back this way, let me know and I would love to take care of the arrangements for you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

This hotel is wonderful, it would have got my excellent vote but for a few things. The rooms are clean, the front desk staff are efficient and friendly. The location right off the highway is ideal and you are close to many options for lunch/dinner

I booked online and got a better rate than calling the front desk. Book directly with their website and use their online rate. You will save some $$

We booked a larger room and it had a fridge, which we really enjoy. It also had a couple of chairs and was larger than a standard room. It was about $10 extra per night

My one complaint, and it was a big one for me, is the pool. It is a smaller pool, but adequate. The big problem is the amount of chlorine in the pool, it burned the kids eyes while they were swimming and burned our eyes while supervising. Someone should look into this, it just was way too much and it effected everyone there, so I know I wasn't just being sensitive. Also, there was a bunch of rowdy boys there (not the hotels fault but) there was screaming and unnecessarily rough. There was NO supervision. The screaming was deafening and could be heard at the front desk although no one came in to check. There should be some sound proofing or something done because even a few people there, if they are a bit loud is unbearable. With a group, it was awful!

Please enforce the supervision on the pool and find a way to lessen the noise with sound proofing of some sort

Really enjoyed our stay apart from the pool. When we are in need of a hotel again in the area, this is where we will stay

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
BWWoodstock, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I apologize that the chlorine burned your family's eyes. I will make sure to have someone look into this issue. In regards to the supervision in the pool room, the hotel does not provide supervision in there. It is up to the parents to supervise their children. we do go in throughout the day to make sure things are going well and that there are no issues, but we don't remain in there to supervise at all times. I apologize. I will make sure to pass all your comments onto the General Manager as well.

Looking forward to having you come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stay at this property on a regular basis since it is right across the street from my office. The staff are some of the best I've seen in the Best Western system. They really care about making sure you have a wonderful experience. The hotel is modern, well maintained and very clean. Make sure you try some of the local beers at the bar. They are a lot of fun.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I am glad to hear that you come and stay with us often. Its always nice to have repeat customers. You get to know them this way, and they begin to feel like family.

Looking forward to the next time you come and stay.

Gina

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodstock
Howard Johnson Inn Woodstock NB
#1 of 1 in Jacksonville
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Best Western Plus Woodstock Hotel & Conference Centre? Share your experiences!