“OK if you get a window seat”

Croisieres Alouette
More attraction details
Owner description: In that enchanting also picturesque surroundings, let yourself be rocked on the magnificent Lac des Sables.Once on board, relax and enjoy the 12 km course on the water. Our captains, seconds by dynamic staff, you will discover an area famous for its historic residences and its enchanting landscape.
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“OK if you get a window seat”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

I took a trip on this cruise. I could see more from the shore. The seats were 8 wide all down the boat. Not a problem you may say but we were all inside with a cabin roof above us and the small windows were only accessible to the people in the seats directly next to them. I was in the middle, it was too packed to try and move about and I saw nothing. The person commentating was just giving me a list of all the places I couldn't see. A waste of time and money. I was pleased to get off.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Julie C

Fareham, United Kingdom
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

sorry but couldnt see out of the windows was stuch right in middle of crowed boat very uncomfortable had my back squashed up against a post paid $17 dollars for a trip that I
couldnt wait to end. .

Visited October 2013
2 Thank eiluj_12
Ridgetown
661 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 452 helpful votes
“Interesting History; OK Cruise”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

Frankly, we took this cruise on the Croisieres Alouette VI to fill in time between a nice drive though the local countryside to see the fall colours and our planned supper. It was a very nice, comfortable 50 minute cruise on Lac des Sables in Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts. Just what we expected. At $17/person it seemed a bit pricey but boats are expensive to run. The scenery was very nice but no different than anywhere else in the area. The boat was a bit dated but safe and comfortable. There was a head (washroom) for those who needed it.
The real plus was the captain's commentary. I did not realize the amount of history on this small lake. Lots of famous people owned homes or visited those who did (some famous people still live here). The commentary, in French and English, was very good.
I'm glad we took this cruise.

Visited September 2013