“Surprisingly nice.”

Peace Valley Inns
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Peace River
“Surprisingly nice.”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I had a hard time finding a room in town. I saw the reviews made previously and was hesatant to book a room here. But when I got into the room I was surprised to see that it was very clean and had been updated recently. It is a king suite (only option other them a smoking room) so I may have an exceptional room; however I am very happy with it.

• Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As it was tough to find a room we didn't have a choice- and ended up with a room in the "West Wing", a motel-type two story building across the street. We were traveling with the family- parents and two kids, our room had two twin beds. Dirty carpets, cigarette burnt side tables and comforters, lamps without switches and blinds that had deteriorated so much that sunlight could peek through the cracks and holes of the room darkening lining. Creaking floors and beds, it was an uncomfortable stay for the family.

We have stayed in the main building before and as other members have commented it was dated and the hallways were hot- but reasonable for us.

Room Tip: If you have a choice- chose the main building.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Peace River hotels

Peace River, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I was working in peace river after a night shift I got back from eating breakfast ready for a shower and sleep. Walk up to my room and the door was open Walk in side of my room to find the maintenance guy with his pants around his ankles dropping a coiler in my toilet !!!!!!! So I asked him what he was doing and he said. " I m here to fix your door ". ( DIDNT LOOK LIKE IT ). The door that only would except your key card after u tried it 50 times . I know this sounds like something outta a comedy movie. But it is 100% true story. HOT SEAT HOTEL. !!!! And he couldn't even fix the door Had to come back the next day. Awkward morning # 2.

• Stayed May 2014
St. Albert, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Just stayed one night in this hotel as most other hotels were already booked. I found everything to be a bit dated. Bed was hard, room was hot (even though cold outside). The bathroom was equipped well enough with soaps and shampoo but the shower was a fine mist of water.
I stayed in the main building as it was recommended to be better than the other building which looked like converted apartment rentals. It was handing having a restaurant attached including a bar.
The hotel looked like it hasn't been through a major renovation for some time as everything looked very dated.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building if possible.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 January 2014

I couldn't figure out why my credit card got declined, when I received my statements. They charge me 250 extra on top of my one night stay accusing me of smoking in my room when they put me in the building with people partying drinking and doing drugs upstairs.

No evidence or anything to back them up.

Unless you want these scam artist to scam you don't use your credit card.

I'm in process of disputing, if that doesn't work I'm accusing them of fraud because they didn't even notify me not only that I'll go public until I get that money paid back to my credit card because I'm paying nothing for a horrible party hotel.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank kaela1991
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Stayed in a ground level motel room in a detached building across the street from the main hotel. There are several buildings in this hotel. The main part of the hotel has a restaurant. I was assigned an old and run down room. I booked this room because no other hotels were available for the night. Room was "non-smoking" but smelled like a taxi cab in 1989. The room adjacent was being used as a smoking room and the cigarette odour flowed freely through the doors that join the rooms. The carpet was greasy and terribly worn out. I don't usually grade on the style of furniture but in this case the furniture just made everything worse. The air conditioning unit was barely installed, ran like a diesel engine and was covered by the curtains. The bed was in line with the rest of the room - brutal. It was springy and uneven.

The bathroom wasn't too bad but the flooring was coming apart and I could see it was rotting near the bathtub.

The parking lot is crammed and there is little room to navigate to a spot if you can find one.

The Smitty's restaurant attached to the "main" part of the hotel is as bad as other Smitty's restaurants.

It's obvious the hotel is busy but it's busy with industry (oil & gas) clientele. I'm certain it's full because there simply aren't enough hotels in Peace River to accommodate the demand.

Avoid this motel at all costs.

Room Tip: "Add a tip to help travellers choose a good room".... find somewhere else, like your car...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Hinton, Canada
Reviewed 23 March 2013

Never ever again! Well worth to spend the extra money to stay somewhere else!
Where do I start ... Overall, very dungy. Found a used shampoo bottle in the shower, found used soap in the bathroom. Our cable went out on all three nights we stayed there and got only a $20 discount all together. What else do you do in a hotel room besides watch TV, nothing. It was horrible. When you shower you can feel the water changing the whole time, I'm assuming from every person in the building who flushes the toilet.
Then to top it off I accidently left my very expensive shampoo and conditioner in the bathroom so I called and they told me they just through things out that get left in the room.
My worst experience in a hotel ever!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business