We returned to Manoir Hovey after a first visit ten years ago. The memory of the cosy, genteel country-chic common reading room with the fireplace enticing us to spend some time in this 5-star inn. We had made reservations last year for february but a fire at the inn cancelled those plans. Some rooms have been redecorated with a sparer, more modern look but we wanted the 'Laura Ashley' feel. We booked a De Luxe room on the second floor, with private balcony with view on the lake. Very pretty room with wood pannelling, floral wallpaper, winged armchairs and antique framed paintings of fish and landscapes. Beautiful view of the lake. Comfortable bed and good sized bathroom with a large spa-jet bathtub. The only problem is that the bed rests against the hallway wall. When people walk by, you can really hear it. Also, our room was near the exercise room, so when someone is on the treadmill you can hear/feel it. We had brought our skates and snowshoes but it was too mild to use either! The ice on the lake was still good however, so we walked to town, enjoying the view on both sides of the lake. Many ice-fishing holes had been drilled, so we could see the thickness of the ice. North Hatley is tiny but it has a few antique shops, a bar-restaurant and a few coffeeshops with view on the lake. In the summer, there are a few beaches on the lake and the inn also has a heated pool. The main attraction at the inn is the food at it's 'Hatley' restaurant. Breakfast is generous and includes choices from a buffet, a menu and a daily special. You wil not need to eat lunch. Supper is fabulous gourmet dinning highlighting regional foods and presented by a very pleasant staff and team of sommeliers. This is not your t-shirt and flipflop, ketchup-and-Pepsi kind of place but it's not snobby or snooty. It is town and country casual done in a well-mannered, elegant way. The pub also serves excellent gin martinis! Just be prepared to pay for the 5-star rating...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Canada - Quebec
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley