We had stayed at the Hovey Manoir 4 years in a row. This year sadly, we decided to stay at another inn in VT, that was closer to our home because of time constraints. Next summer however, time constraints or not, we will be surely returning to the Hovey Manoir. The Inn in VT which was highly rated, did not hold a candle to our favorite "over the border" getaway spot. This establishment is top notch, with incredible service, graciousness, and just the right touch of privacy. They make you feel like a very important person. We have always stayed in a deluxe lakeside room in the carriage house with a balcony, and really love to sit on our deck watching the beautiful lake, the stunning gardens and just waiting for dinner time to arrive. The food and the service in the dining room has been very consistent over the years, and we love to save room for the cheese course at the end. The breakfast is also wonderful and enough good food to stave off lunch. We enjoy the tennis court, the pool, is really nice, biking to town, hanging out on the dock, taking a dip in the beautiful lake. It would be really nice to come here in the winter and have a lovely fire, and relaxing time after skiing. I can't say enough about this place, it's so special, it's lovely, and well worth the price.
The Eastern Township area surrounding it, is home to some good wineries and the famous St. Benoit du Lac monastery. You can buy cheeses and the Manor will refrigerate anything for you. This place is so accomodating. We've never been treated so well! Can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located only 75 minutes from Montreal, Manoir Hovey is a 5 star Relais & Chateaux property on the shores of Lake Massawippi just outside of North Hatley, one of Quebec's most picturesque villages. Manoir Hovey is truly one of Canada’s most charming and romantic inns. We offer thirty-seven beautifully appointed bedrooms and suites, year-round activities, and host conferences, weddings and special events. Our award-winning four diamond restaurant, Le Hatley, showcases fine regional cuisine complemented by an extensive wine list. Overlooking the lake and surrounded by English gardens, the dining room has a tranquil setting with breathtaking views. An unforgettable experience to enjoy with your partner or your family! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Manoir Hovey reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Manoir Hovey North Hatley, Canada - Quebec
- Manoir Hovey Hotel North Hatley