Blueberry Lake Resort
Sommet des Neiges(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$188
US$150
  • Pool
Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$135
US$174
US$137
Residence Inn
  • Breakfast included
Ermitage du Lac(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$127
  • Breakfast included
Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$141
Fairmont Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$150
  • Restaurant
Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$143
  • Breakfast included
Le Westin Resort & Spa(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$149
  • Restaurant
Lodge de la Montagne(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$137
US$113
  • Pool
Hotel Quintessence(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$369
US$321
All reviewspool tablebeautiful chaletbedroom chaletthe cottageshot tubthe kitchenlog homeshuge groupmain receptionwater pressurelong weekendcross country skiingskating rinkgarbage bagssend someonethe wi fioutdoor activities
Reviewed 21 May 2013

The Blueberry lake resort was in itself relaxing. Although look around, this one was pricey for what it offered. You're limited by a cliff drop as backyard space, not a great view of the lake even though they charge 50.00$ extra per night if your chalet is considered to be 'close' to it (we saw only trees, so it really depends which chalet you get, we had the Papineau) No canoes, no one knew at the front desk so they said it was broken, no outdoor fire pit for your chalet only at the big reception area.
The Chalet was gorgeous and very spacious - love the pool table option! We had a great weekend despite a few minuses. (err, just roll up the living room carpet, it was kinda stained and old looking, very old looking.)
Go in May - the weather is great! You have those warm fresh sunny days and maybe a rainy night making it relaxing to sip at a warm beverage outside listening to the rain fall: what a way to clear the mind.

Room Tip: A good room? It all depends on what you need or prefer. The mid level room has a private bathroom and is close to the kitchen (best for couples with a baby) The downstairs room is great but beds are divided - but you have the whole run of the downstairs. So if you're the noisy stay up late couple, take that one. The upstairs is perfect for a couple with two kids: one has a double bed, the other room 2 separate beds and a bathroom in the middle. They're all practical, so enjoy
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Charlene L
Reviewed 14 May 2013

Just spent a four day weekend at Blueberry Lake Resort - 7 people sharing cottage 22.
A great experience overall.
There is no doubt that some of the furnishing & fixtures are showing a little bit of wear and tear - but the house was clean, the kitchen was well appointed and everything worked...

Although the Spa tub was not clean on our arrival - the spa guy fixed things up the next morning...

My wife was a little upset when, just after slipping into the pool - she was told the pool was closing in 5 minutes.... it happens but it would have been nice to have signs.

Daughter in law tried to use the gym.... a tiny (very very little) room where the majority of the equipment was not working properly.... not sure how long they've been waiting for TLC - but they need some right now! - fortunately, we weren't there to use the gym.

My wife & I used the massage therapy services.... professional service in well equiped spa... thanks Pierre !

Overall, a very nice & restfull weekend, we'll be back.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Geo501
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed at Bluberry Lake Resort Easter weekend. Chalet wsaa clean, everyhting was woking fine without any problems. Staff came in on sevearal occasions to clean the garbage and check the hot tub. Our kitchen had everything in terms of supplies and appliances. One negative thing was we had a inventory list left in the kitchen and price for every item that is missing, so we had no choice but to start counting and make sure everything corresponds to the list we had. Turned out several things were missing and when we brought the list to the reception we were told they are already aware of what is missing. Well my question is if you know things are already missing, why not putting an updated inventory list? Who wants to go place and pay for something they didn't break/steal? Other than that no reason to complain everything was nice and clean and working great. Looking forward to visit in the summer.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank traveler_can119
Reviewed 13 March 2013

We spent the last week of February 2013 at the resort and thoroughly enjoyed the beautiful cross-country (non-groomed) trails. We stayed in Chalet #19, which was private atop a little hill. The chalet was very clean and gorgeous. The whole family was in awe with the excellent workmanship, which went into the building. We spent long evenings near the fireplace in the open cathedral ceiling room. The WIFI met our needs, the pool table was a treat...we used it quite a lot. There was slight wear and tear but nothing major. The kitchen was amazing. Best of all, we were able to bring our dog who benefited from our long walks/cross-country outings on the premises. We will definitely go back for family gatherings!

Room Tip: Chalet #19 was nice and private.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Mirabelle66
Reviewed 3 March 2013

I have booked cottages to Blueberry lake on five different occassions. We liked to go there once, sometimes twice a year with a group of long term friends. We are all in our thirties and we like to have a relaxed weekend to get toghether.
Unfortunately all 10 of us were quite dissapointed with our last stay and came to the conclusion that we will most likely book somewhere next time.

We got there on a Feb 28th and we stayed in an Iroquois cottage (the largest). I had actually booked the exact same unit last year. (unit 61).

First of all, they adverstise that WiFi is available at the cottage which was extremely important for me. I am attending university part time and I had to attend an important webex session the first evening that I was there. Unfortunately I realzed that I could not get an internet connection anywhere in the cottage. Also as I did not have any cell phone reception, I could not use my cell phone for an hotspot. I had to drive away so I could to find some cell phone connection. I ended up attending the conference from my vehicle in the middle of nowhere.

Then when I returned to the cottage for our first group dinner, my friends informed me that we had mice in the cottage. While preparing the diner, they realized that there was poop in the kitchen cabinets over the dishes and on the counter. At that point, we were quite disgusted . I drove to the reception as I could not get anybody to pick up the phone at the main chalet and brought with me the kitchen gloves that were all eated up by the mice. I politetly informed the lady about the situation and she advised that they would inform maintenance staff. Honestly, she seemed that she could not care less. After diner, we used the hot tub which had beer corks in it. A lady from maintenance showed up on the rear balcony and said she was there for the "problem". We assumed that she would clean the kitchen at least. After we left the hot tub, we realzed that the kitchen was not cleaned and the poop was still all over. Fom what we could tell, she only dropped off new kitchen gloves.

On Friday morning we woke up realizing that overnight, the mice had eaten some bar soap. We went back to the main cottage to remind them about the mice and poop remaining in the kitchen. We were quite tired of having to wash the dishes before and after using it. It was a different lady at front desk, while she never apologize or showed any empathy, she seemed that she cared a little more and she said tha she would advise maintenance to make sure that they deal with this.

We then decided to do some activities and were hoping that it would have been rectified when we returned. So we borrowed 3 pairs of snow rackets. The lady at the activity desk was quite adament that we needed to bring the rackets back in 1 hour MAX!

Honestly, we can understand that this rule should be strict on a busy day, however, during that time of the day, we were the only one borrowing the rackets. I would say that they have at least 15-20 pairs of racket to borrow and when we returned, they were still all there. We did not see anybody else in the trails etiher. So we could not understand the need to pressure us to return them within an hour.

When we returned to our cottage, nobody had cleaned up the kitchen. Someone from maintenance showed up on the same evening for the mice problems. His solution was to give us some trap so we could chase them. Honestly at the point, the situation was so ridiculous that we all had a big laugh when the gentleman left. We realized that we would not get any satisfactory resolution from the staff. We cleaned the poop ourselves.

We also had other issues during our stay. The water had a very strong sulfer smell. We really did not think we could drink it so we drove to Labelle to buy water bottles. The smell was afwull when it came the time to take a shower.

Once of the main thing that we were astonish, was the excess of wear that this cottage was showing. As we had rented this exact same unit the year before, we could notice all the damages and lack of maintenance. I know that during our summer stays, that some large young crowds rented cottages for some hardcore parties. Last summer, while talking to a staff member, she told me that they had to intervene quite often to break up larges parties as over 20-30 people could show up to a cottage when they are suppose to handle only 10-12 people max. I think that it would be the only reason that could explain so much wear in the unit we were in... including the lack of maintenance. The walls are severly scratched up, the ceiling in the basement was all marked up, furniture is broken, lamps are missing pieces, appliances are dinged up, a few burnt bulbs were not replaced, mold in each bath and showers... Please refer to the pictures with their captions... it will give you a better idea on the excess wear and tear.

Every year, we always like to have a late check out that we normally pay $50. This year, this rate is now $100. On our last day, we like to wake up a little bit later, have a nice final breakfast as a group, relaxe to pack and clean up the cottage before we go.
We then asked for a late check out. We were hoping at least that they would possibly offer it for free for all the trouble we were dealing with. As the different cottages (including our unit) was starting to fill up, they would not accomodate any late check out. They had absolutetly no flexibity even if we paid for it. I definitely can understand that they need enough time to clean up the cottage for the new people coming in. However, due to our situation, I am sure that they could have worked something out. They could have started cleaning up other cottages and finish with ours. Even if they only had given us an hour or two extra, it would have showed their good will. But it was a flat out NO!

Every year, when we leave Blueberry Lake, we were a little bit sad and were looking foward to next time. However this time, this feeling was none existent.

Some people come to trip advisor only to trash and complain about the place they visit, however if you look at all our previous reviews, we don't do this. Considering our last experience at Blueberry Lake Resort, we judge this is a fair review.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
20  Thank AlexP81
GeneralManagerBLR, General Manager at Blueberry Lake Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry that you felt that the chalet was not in the same condition as you had found it on your previous visits. Some things in the house are a year older than they were on your last stay so they will naturally show some wear, but we also go to great lengths to ensure that the houses are of the highest quality.

Since you last stayed with us, for example, the carpets in the lower bedrooms have been replaced and all of the caulking in the bathrooms is being replaced as we speak. We do sometimes have some issues where walls are marked when people are playing pool or when they leave with their suitcases and it is not possible to fully repair them before the next guest checks in and it sounds like this may have been the case with yourselves.

With regards to your experience where you felt that any members of staff were rude to you, we take that very seriously. Whenever we receive a complaint on any aspect of a guest's experience, we sit down personally with the member of staff in question as we did in this instance. We discussed it with them and they ensured us they were very courteous and apologise for any misunderstanding, however we have only ever had extremely positive comments and compliments about them from other guests .

I would also appreciate the opportunity to talk with you to understand fully what occurred and to ensure that we continue to improve our customer service levels, particularly with respect to your late check out, this was not possible unfortunately and I believe that this was a major issue for you. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Warren Spurr- General Manager