“Hot food, cool welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Coco Pazzo

Coco Pazzo
Reserve with OpenTable
Coco Pazzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 149 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Price range: US$6 - US$36
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are an Italian Restaurant on one side of the building and an Italian Take-Out Shop on the other side of our business. The store opens everyday at 11am, and the restaurant opens every evening at 5pm. We have been open since 1995! Enjoy dining in our restaurant with fine Italian food, or take-out from our store to your condo, office, meeting or hike up the mountain. Everything is home made, and when possible locally-sourced and/or organic or naturally raised. We have a gluten-free menu and always have vegetarian options.
Rugby, United Kingdom
“Hot food, cool welcome”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The food here is excellent, I had the Osso Bucco and it was exactly as described in the menu, tasty and you could of cut it with a spoon. My wife had the rabbit and my son the ravioli, both were good although the ravioli portion was a little smaller expected, even though we ordered the main course size.

Our waiter was polite, helpful and efficient and we didn't wait very long for anything once we were seated. The terrace where we sat was adjacent to a square where there was a band and quite a crowd, which created a great atmosphere and we felt like we were in VIP seats for the performance.

The only thing that lessened the experience was the initial welcome. On arrival we waited for a little while during which time waiters passed us in the course of their duties, but it was't too long before we were acknowledged and told that the maître d' would be with us shortly.

When he did greet us I got the feeling that he knew he was going to fill the restaurant with or without us, which I guess comes from being located in the centre of a tourist hot spot, but still, you save all year for a holiday like this and as a result have increased desire to feel that your custom will be valued rather than just processed.

Had the greeting been a little more welcoming, this restaurant would have got close to top marks as everything else was really nice.

Visited July 2014

• Turkish first
Montreal
“Nice terrace dining”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

This is an Italian restaurant which has a nice menu. I started with the truffle cheese balls with marmalade, which was delicious, and then had a tasty vegetarian pasta.

Dining on the terrace was very nice amid the village scene, not giving out on to the busiest part of the village, a good thing.

The service was not a highlight, I felt it was a big sluggish. Two in our party had just rode the P'tit Train du Nord all days on their bicycles and were very hungry. They looked like they could finish a bread basket on their own, but no bread basket came. We had to ask for one, which they served after the appetizers were served, and it was a bit odd, almost looked like bread straight out of a loaf bag. For the prices that they charge, they should offer something a little better - they should step it up when it comes to basics such as these.

It was a pleasant meal, we enjoyed our al fresco dining. However, if one is concerned about value for dollar, I am sure there are options elsewhere.

Visited July 2014
Montreal
“Average food, high price with good service...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Came here up one a recommendation of a good friend.

Service was good, our waiter was very attentive and quick. Served the kids first, passed with the water

Complaint, certainly took many passes while we were waiting to be seated... Could be that they are not big fans if the kids....

Overall menu was vwry average. Given the prices, dish sizes were very small.

Calamari was terrible, a pass for sure.

Kids meals were better then the adults.

Selection of wine was excellent.

I would not come back.

2 Thank petertherock1971
Halifax, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Coco Pazzo Mont-Tremblant a wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We chose this restaurant to celebrate an achievement, and were not disappointed! We sat on the balcony. We started our meal with the calamari appetizer, which we shared. The serving size was very generous and cooked to perfection. Crisp outside perfectly tender inside.

For the main course, one person chose the rabbit with egg noodles and the other chose the duck with spaghetti noodles. Both dishes were excellent and generous servings. The duck was slightly on the greasy side, however the flavor was perfect. We asked for a suggested wine paring, and our waitress called over a colleague who made a recommendation based on our price range, and meal selection. The wine complimented the food perfectly. We finished off with a 3 cheese, cheese cake which we shared. The cheesecake was rich and creamy with a maple syrup drizzle.

The service was excellent. Good meal & wine recommendations, no interruptions, but on time service and as needed. The restaurant was very busy, but we never felt ignored or rushed.

I felt that the meal was a good value, a superior experience, and deserving of a repeat visit.

• Visited July 2014
Quebec, Canada
“Soooooooooooooo Goooooooooooooooooooooood!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I had dinner at Coco Pazzo last night with 2 friends (the kind who share their food with you). We each ordered something different, I had cavatelli, my husband ordered veal scaloppini, my friend had the fish special (salmon with giant shrimp) and her husband had the chicken. I tasted all of them, and everything was delicious. (and pretty--I took photos) I'm surprised that some reviewers mentioned small portion sizes, because I was stuffed when I was finished and I have a hearty appetite. My husband had the mushroom ravioli as an appetizer and he loved it. We make our own pasta at home, and these were definitely fresh raviolis, as were the cavatelli. My friend's salmon was perfectly cooked, the presentation was colorful and lovely with a special and tasty citrus-caper salsa. The chicken was also prepared perfectly with an interesting artichoke "paste" and genuine farro salad that was so perfect with it. My husband's veal piccata was also very good and was paired with a yummy spaghetti squash. My cavatelli was one of the best pasta dishes I have ever had, and I've had a lot of pasta, in Italy, in the last several years. The sundried tomatoes were divine. The mixture of flavors and textures in my dish made it my favorite of the four, so I'm glad I ordered it.
The service was very good, with the food arriving at the pace we requested. The wines we ordered, suggested by the staff, were exactly to our liking.
Best of all was the white chocolate mascarpone cheesecake that we shared. It was dense and rich, exactly the way I love cheesecake. One bite was enough to top off the meal, but I couldn't stop at one bite. It was SO GOOD.
I am confused by some of the negative reviews here, because I live nearby, and have never, ever been disappointed at Coco Pazzo. Last night, however, was the best ever! As we were walking to our car, my husband said to me, "that may have been the best meal I've ever had." , For the record, I'm going to add that we eat very well at home, too, and he has never said that to me before.

• Visited July 2014