“Lovely setting, good service, menu suffers from ennui.”

Restaurant La Quintessence
Ranked #23 of 156 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Price range: US$12 - US$44
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Restaurant La Quintessence & Winebar, rated Four Diamond by CAA and AAA, is a must in Tremblant. The Chef and his team pride themselves on delivering an extraordinary culinary experience in a warm ambience. Artfully blending styles and flavours, the regional cuisine is rooted in Nordic influences with French tradition. The menu features the finest ingredients from local producers paired with an award-winning wine list.
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel is indeed a beautiful property and the restaurant is lovely as well. Regrettably the menu choices are limited and very expensive for what little one receives. Fish choices are limited and not well prepared although the salmon was fresh. Onion soup was the best appetizer although the beausoleil oysters were decent but not the freshest. There are too many good restaurants in Mont Tremblant to eat at the Quintessance. Room service was incredibly expensive with 12 dollar orders of pommes frites.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I went to dinner at this restaurant with high expectations, unfortunately early on, we stay sitted on the table about 10 minutes without being accosted for the waiter. After doing the request, although it took somewhat longer to bring the couvert and brought along with the entree. Despite of that, in my wife's main course, she order a gnocchi with basil, but they added a soft egg on it, it was not on the menu and did not match anything with the gnocchi (especially the fact that it does not like egg and be allergic). Complained and te waiter brought another dish, unlike the first time, it was quick, we believe that only removed the egg and egg yolk. Well, she ate nothing the main course, it was the taste and smell of egg. After we finish, we complained to the waiter at the time of account, but the lack of attitude I decided not to pay for the service and he came to take satisfaction. Anyway, a big disappointment, because we expected much more regarding to Quintessence. The dinner was a nightmare! Never more!

1  Thank Antonio P
Reviewed 3 September 2013

This restaurant and hotel in one of the best in the area. Went with a friend for dinner. I appreciate the valet parking.
The menu is creative and while it is expensive the quality and presentation is outstanding.
Great wine selection. Desserts were $15 so it was easy to resist.
The decor and service was excellent and the lake view was enchanting.
Would go for lunch on the terrace in summer.

Reviewed 29 August 2013

Stayed a couple of days on the occasion of our wedding anniversary. The food was meticulously prepared and served. We had an all inclusive package and every meal was special. This is a very pricey place but returns a great experience for the money.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I am not a restaurant reviewer, so I will not delve into some of the words that I read. This was not cheap. In many ways the price was a little bit higher than I would expect. But, not double, maybe 10-25% more. So, put that aside. We sat outside on the terrace, which was magical, as the sun was setting. All the food was exceptionally well prepared and styled. The delivery was well paced, and the servers professional. Prices were high. $60 for three lamb chops is up there. I felt, around $45 was correct; $95 for a cold fish platter for two. I have paid that much in New York City, but there was a lot more product, and that was 57th Street, where I expect he rent to be a bit higher, Don't get me wrong, everything worked, but I felt the pricing was high for what I got.

1  Thank Lawrence2300