We recently returned from a very enjoyable 5 night stay at Le Grand Lodge as my husband and nephew were participating at the IronMan Mont Tremblant. As soon as we arrived at the lodge we realized how fortunate we were in having booked a room at this hotel given the location, service, the size of the room and the amenities it offers. We will not hesitate to return back if the opportunity arises!
As a party of 5 adults we booked one of the Grand 2 bedroom suites (#334), which is described in detail in the Grand Lodge's website and also mentioned in recent reviews. The suite also has a great balcony by the dining/living room area (no lake view from there) and a separate balcony by the master bedroom with partial view of the lake. There is a parking area just outside the building where the suite is located and it is only one flight up the stairs from the parking lot. We were able to bring the bicycles and other equipment to the room with no issues.
The suite was super quiet, and probably the farthest from the lobby area, which gave it even more privacy.There is free wi-fi internet inside the hotel. However, we soon noticed that the signal was very weak in the living/dining area (and no wi-fi signal in the bedrooms), so we had to constantly go out to the hallway for better signal reception.
The lodge has a 20-meter lap pool with water temperature around 82 F, very nice for for lap swimming, There is a separate large whirlpool and also a small gym area next to the pool for anyone seeking a workout using machines. We also enjoyed the large room at the ground level with the two ping-pong tables; next to it there is an arcade-style game room for anyone who likes to play pool, foosball, etc.
The hotel has a really nice restaurant (Chez Vorivage) with a varied menu. Inside decor is very beautiful with all the fine wood work on the walls and ceilings. Menu is on the pricey side and servings are somewhat small, but presentation and taste were very good. My husband and nephew were a bit dissapointed with the size of the pasta dish served for dinner (they needed to "carbo load" in preparation for the race) which was smaller than expected in this case. Service also took a long time for the main course considering there were very few people dining the day we arrived.
Probably the best amenity of this lodge is the access and views to lake Ouimet. There are canoes, kayaks and paddle boats, apparently free of charge to hotel guests (we did not use them). There are lots of lounge chairs by the lake beach and it was pleasant to swim at the lake, even if the water was at times a bit cool (water was pretty clear in the cordoned area). Kids certainly had a blast at the lake beach!
Service at the hotel was excellent. Our large suite was serviced every day even if we were at the room having lunch. The personnel at the reception was extremely courteous and attentive, always willing to help with any questions or requests we had. Worth mentioning is that the hotel provides a free shuttle to the Tremblant village every half hour until 10 pm (in the summer, at least), which we found pretty convenient. They also offered shuttle service to hotel guests during the IronMan competition, although at times they would send a minivan instead of the small bus, which could not fit enough people waiting to ride the shuttle back to the hotel. There is also a city bus that stops right in front of the hotel; there is a bus itinerary available at the lobby; fare is about $3 each way.
- We found the lighting in the master bedroom was quite poor, there were only couple of night lamps with low wattage, but no ceiling or board lights. So you may want to bring couple of 60 W bulbs to use in the room for better lighting (or simply ask reception desk for this).
- If you are staying at this hotel with a group and plan to do some cooking at the suite, there are 3 large supermarkets in downtown Mont Tremblant (about a 10-minute drive from the hotel heading south) where you can stock up with all the essential food you may need.
- The suite is equipped with essential pots and pans as well as dishes and utensils. However, if you are traveling local, you may want to bring some sharp knives, large bowls (for salads), a whisk, even a blender, since these were not available in the room.
- There are several dining options in Mont Tremblant area, most of them available in the Tremblant village and in downtown area. We had dinner at Restaurant La Petite Cachee and highly recommend it!
- While at the Tremblant village, we highly recommend a ride in the gondola going to the top of the mountain, especially during the morning (for better lighting and awesome views of Lake Tremblant and the village).
- Keep an eye of the groundhogs that populate the grounds outside the pool area. They are not that scared of people (because they feed them!).
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Le Grand Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Le Grand Mont Tremblant