“A Place for a Memorable Occasion”
Review of C'est la Vie

C'est la Vie
Ranked #11 of 155 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Price range: US$14 - US$36
Cuisines: Belgian, French, Grill
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: In an ancestral, serene and warm frame, we propose you the GRILL-STONE. This concept, unique in the region, consists of a VOLCANIC STONE warmed at high temperature offering an ideal natural surface for a cooking without added fat. The menu proposes a wide choice of meats and fishes such as filet mignon, ostrich, tuna, bison, seafoods, kangaroo, deer, wapiti, camel etc. We shall welcome you and shall assure an attentive and personalized service. The Chef owner also proposes you some specialities. The cellar presents a wide selection of wines, private imports as well as a good choice of wine by the glass. So, a selection of dish to take out is offered to you. A private room is also available according to certain conditions
“A Place for a Memorable Occasion”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

It was our 42nd anniversary day and we decided to go to Trem Blant in Quebec (Canada) for our celebration. I found out this restaurant on the web. It has many good comments and ratings so I decided to make this restaurant our first choice among other little French restaurants there. We went there to see the place and made our reservation in the afternoon. It was a weekday and was not busy. We had a very quiet section of the restaurant to ourselves. The atmosphere was certainly not a Riz type, but you feel the warmth and comfort of the setting. It is relatively small but rustic. The wine was good. As for the food, the hot stone serving is nice and the meats are tasty and fresh. The hospitality was excellent. One example was that my order was not what I was expecting ( it may be my fault of not making clear of what I wanted). When we explained to the waitress, she felt bad and later returned with a nice piece of meat (kangaroo) free. It was just excellent courtesy. The desert was very good but I just had coffee because I was so full. The evening was one of the best of our anniversaries. The service was excellent and the atmosphere was fantastic. We will go there again on our next anniversary.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Andrew C

Montreal, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Too much hype”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I respect all of the great reviews. However, the experience that my husband and I had was not something we want to brag about. We each took the table d'hote option. My husband ordered tuna steak on the hot stone and I ordered the shrimps and scallops on blue cream cheese. We were really excited for our meals.

Service was awfully slow. A couple next to us who came almost close to an hour after us got their entree first. My husband and I thought that the restaurant was really cooking something delicious in the kitchen. Boy, were we wrong....

When the food came, I was really shocked with my meal. What I got was just a three measly, miniscule, little scallops with a few broiled (small) shrimps, potato gratin served with a sauce that didn't taste like blue cheese. $40 for this?

I am not a food snob, but I certainly felt a little tricked. For the amount I was paying, I was expecting a high quality meal not something that I can make myself in my kitchen.

After the meal, my husband spoke to the hostess to let her know that we didn't enjoy our meal. She brushed off the comments and didn't seem to want to take his criticism. She thought that he was cuckoo for thinking the meal wasn't good.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank 00wanderlust00
Quebec City, Canada
“Romantic place and excellent food”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We heard a lot about that place, so it was the perfect time for us to go and try. Nothing to say about that perfect place, other than the staff is very friendly and welcoming. The food and wine was just perfect. Beautiful restaurant. Really nice place for couple or having a good diner with friend. If you are in the area, you cannot miss that place.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Kidkodak10
Sterling, Virginia
“Magnificent”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Trip advisor pointed us to this unique restaurant and we are thankful for it. I'm a little cautious of tourist restaurants and decided to check out the advertised restaurants in trip advisor. Decided on C'est La Vie based on the lava rock cooking and high recommendation. I had the trout with rosemary with cream of tomato and vegetable soup; my family enjoyed duck breast cooked on the volcano rock and the Canadian sampler of bison, deer and elk, with an extra of kangaroo. We finished off with tiramisu and crème Brule -- all of it was excellent.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank PatriciaPhillips33
Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“more than excellent”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I just came back from Mont Tremblant. During my stay there only for 2 days, I went to C'est la Vie twice with my friends. I really love their cuisine on the volcanic stone. All their 3 sauces for the meat are great. I hope to go there again soon.

• Visited May 2014