“Spring skiing at Mont Tremblant”

Lodge de la Montagne
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 7 April 2013

We stayed at Lodge De La Montagne for 3 days in early April. As other reviews state, great location, just steps from the village and ski lift. No breakfast, no restaurant or store with dry goods. Internet was not working and not included in the price of the room. It wouldn't be my first place to stay again, but average amenities likely reflected in average room rates.

Room Tip: Village side can be loud if your windows are open at nite with bar patrons returning home late.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge de la Montagne, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2013

Dear KFBoston
Thank you for posting your feedback about your recent visit at the Lodge. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience with internet . I’m glad that it did not affect your overall stay and I hope you had great skiing and that we will see you next year!!
Sincerely
Nathalie

There are newer reviews for Lodge de la Montagne

Reviewed 4 April 2013

My family of five stayed here for two nights, in a one-bedroom suite which we booked at the last minute, for a reasonable price. I knew from reading other reviews that the decor was a bit dated, so that didn't surprise me... or particularly bother me. On the plus side, the location is great; it's hard to get much closer to the slopes. The ski lockers in the lowest level are very convenient. The room was certainly large enough for our family, and we loved having a kitchen so we wouldn't have to eat all meals in restaurants. (There is a surprisingly good grocery store on the town of Mont Tremblant - not the resort, you have to drive for about 20 minutes.) Also on the plus side, we arrived super early, at around 10:30 AM, but they still allowed us to check in. My kids enjoyed using the pool table after skiing, and the hot tub looked nice, although we didn't use it. The main downsides were super-thin pillows and the lack of internet access. Besides the fact that the wifi didn't work at all when I was there, you had to pay for it, whereas most hotels make this free of charge. (You can get free wifi in the Grain de Cafe coffee shop, not too far away.) On balance, I would still be likely to return, because the benefits outweigh any downsides - overall, we had a fabulous time.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 April 2013

We booked a four day stay at Le Lodge de la Montagne and everything looked fine upon check in. It went downhill quickly. Needing to do some work while in the area, I expected to have internet available in this day and age (although it would be available at the outrageous cost of $11.95 per day). Not only was the internet not up and running, it had been out of service for a week according to the front desk. This was discovered only upon going down to the desk and inquiring as to how to access their internet. Never was anything said upon checking in. Just the shrugging of shoulders.

The room was spacious, but there were problems. The mattress definitely sunk towards the middle. There were extra blankets, but no extra pillows and those that were there were very thin. The kitchenette sink had a drip that would not stop as did the bathroom sink. Fun to listen to in the middle of the night. The door to the room would not close completely unless slammed. If you closed it in any normal fashion, it was easily pushed open. That makes me feel secure. I told the front desk this on the first day of my stay. It was still not addressed by the time I departed.

The room was unbearably hot. So hot, in fact, that we had to leave the balcony door open to cool the room to a reasonable temperature. And, we had turned the heat off in the room immediately upon our arrival. This did not make for a comfortable stay. Oh, and the view from the balcony included discarded bottles and beer cans.

The bathroom is small and, while the shower head was nice, the water was extremely hot. The towels were very thin.

The piece de resistance...... the 30+ people that decided to have a party in the room across the hall from us after most folks would be fast asleep. Several guests called security and then the police arrived. The noise had been going on for quite awhile and disturbed many guests. It was the perfect way to end the trip.

Asking if it was possible to leave our car in the garage past check out time (until we were done for the day)..... of course, at $20 per hour. Really? That many people are coming in on a Sunday at the end of the season?

I won't be back.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CTMom03
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge de la Montagne, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2013

DearCTMOM03
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear of your experience and apologize that there was no follow up on such matter. I have already passed your comment to the managers team. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you so we may discuss this further.
SINCERELY
Nathalie

Reviewed 1 April 2013

My wife and I stayed Mar 24-28. Some might call the decor rustic.....we just call it old. Everything in good working order mind you, and spotlessly clean. We had a studio with queen bed.

The good:
Outdoor and indoor hot tubs
Fully equipped kitchen
Good location (just steps to the village, but enough steps that you have peace and quiet).
Ski in/ski out, ski lockers included right beside the ski in/out access point.

The bad:
No balcony with this unit. By looking at the exterior you'd kind of assume every unit has a balcony but they don't. Not something the hotel goes out of its' way to point out.

Flat screen TV in room but....no DVD player, no movie channels (whether pay or not). Just a couple dozen TV channels, half in French). TV mounted on a swivel stand on top of dresser allowing it to rotate 180 degress so it could be viewed from either living room or bedroom area. Nice touch except the dresser is so low you can't see the TV while in bed!!! All you see is your feet. We had to lift the entire dresser/TV stand onto the coffee table just so we could watch in bed. Which left us without a coffee table.

No safe in room.

All in all - not worth the money.

Room Tip: We were in 519 - not a great view, but not bad either.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elwood2012
Reviewed 9 March 2013

We stay here every year at March break and this year I noticed a few issues with the room and the hotel that were not there previously. We had room 232 (2 bed suite) which faces the elevator. It was quiet for sleeping as the separate bedroom was at the end of the unit, so very little hallway noise. Of course one night someone decided to run down the hall at 3AM using the knocker on the door. Bring some black tape or sponge to dampen the door knocker. Who uses a knocker these days!!

While we were there, there was some type of major water leak in one of the units causing the fire alarm to go off during the day. The disaster recovery company was there for at least 3 days and we saw them removing a mattress one day. Not sure what floor had the leak, but it looked like the right side of the building when you get out of the elevator.

In our unit, the faucet leaked water out of its base when turned on, the "clean" dishes were coated with dirt/dry soap powder, and the bathroom fan had a low speed that would never shut off. Annoying for a light sleeper like me, even with the door closed.

First time ever I got stuck in an elevator. Waited 7 min while maintenance fixed it. Would have liked someone from front desk to have acknowledged my call when I used the Call button. Had no idea if they knew there was a problem and was texting my wife to go to desk to get a rescue.

Half of the jets in the hot tub don't work. If you like the jets, sit so you are facing the hotel.

The hotel is all wood construction (floors, walls), so if your neighbor gets up and has breakfast for first tracks (starts at 7:45, so a family needs to start breakfast at 6:30), you will hear it. On this trip we were doing the tracks so the noise from other units did not bother us. On checkout day we did not ski, and then the noise was obvious.

These issues aside, discounted price and location were great. You can't get a room at that price point at that distance from the gondola. Would consider coming back next year, at the right price, especially since demand seems way down this year. Very little crowding for the March school break which should be their busiest time of year.

Room Tip: Put something on the door knocker to dampen noise. Someone may use it a 3AM as a prank.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank The_Dudes
Reviewed 26 February 2013

My cousins and I stayed in a one bedroom suite at LDLM for 4 nights. The rooms and bathrooms were clean but since I am one for aesthetics, I would have liked to see updated rooms as the property is quite dated.
Our room consisted of a little kitchenette which was convenient, but given the small space and no real ventillation, we ended up smelling like the food that we cooked!
The fireplace in the room was a nice touch, especially after a day of skiing in below freezing temperatures. Staff was friendly and helpful,and I think the hotel was reasonably priced.

Overall, I give this hotel an average rating, because aethetics are important to me. From that standpoint, I probably wouldn't stay here again. However, if all you are looking for, is a place to crash after a day on the slopes, I would recommend this hotel. The location is PERFECT, as you are literally around the corner from the ski rental shops and the lifts. There are plenty restaurants and bars (approx 5 minute walk), so chances are you won't be spending much time in the room anyway (we didn't).

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bermy80
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge de la Montagne, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2013

Dear BERMY80

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the Lodge de la Montagne. With regard to the hotel décor, we will attend to go thru a makeover in the near future. Thank you for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future, after the renovation!
Sincerely

Reviewed 21 February 2013

My friend and I stayed at the LDLM for 3 nights midweek in February '13. Location is fantastic, 2-3 minute walk to the high-speed gondola at base of the hill; 3-5 minute walk to the restaurants/bars in the village. Underground parking is available for $12/night, and was worth every penny. Parking area is monitored by CCTV and is heated, with convenient elevator access on every level.
Our favourite part of the hotel was the ski in/out feature and the fantastic staff. There is a large ski locker room before going outside the ski in/out door with free locker rentals available to all guests. When leaving the hotel in the morning to hit the piste, you have an option of walking up the hill 2-3min with your gear to the high-speed gondola or you can ski from the hotel down the hill to the bottom of the village and catch the lift up to the high-speed gondola.
The outdoor hot tub was fantastic after a long day of skiing.
We stayed in a one bedroom studio with gas fireplace (handy for drying out ski gear), kitchenette (well equipped) and balcony.
Finally, the staff was fantastic! Very knowledgable, and made our stay that much better.

We only had minor complaints about the hotel:
- The first complaint is of the pillows and mattress. They were both very soft, not my preference. Bring your own pillows!
- Lots of kids aged 17-20, which made access to the hot tub/ spa area difficult at times. We didn't notice much noise either.
- The hotel (especially the rooms) were warm. The balcony was a necessity as our room was hot(even after switching the HVAC off), therefor had to open its door when cooking or when drying gear in front of the fireplace.

We will definitely stay at the LDLM the next time we visit Mt.Tremblant.

Room Tip: -Get a kitchenette. -Bring your own pillows. -4th floor was quiet.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple