“Very nice for the price”
Review of Place St-Bernard

Place St-Bernard
Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed there for Easter Week-end room were all at 35% off great bargain. Hotel very well located where all the action is, little noise on the street at night when bars are closing. Always lots of fun. Last time was 3-4 years ago. Restaurants prices are just ridiculous doent matter if its for breakfast, lunch or diner. Lots of activity during Easter week-end. Must go

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Patrice109

Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed in Des Lauriers, room 449. Great room as a one bedroom plus loft. Had everything we needed to cook breakfast and we were very close to the gondola. Ski storage was good. Since you are staying right in the village it can be a little noisy at time but to be expected. Although the 4 pm check in is a little late we were still able to ski then get our room later.
Two things; One, it would have been nice to have an area available to change into ski gear before our room was ready. We changed in a tiny bathroom in the reception area. We could not have been the first people to arrive before their room was ready. Providing a changing area for skiing before or after your room was available would be a great service to the clients.
Second, we could not use the parking garage as we were driving a jeep with a roof carrier. We therefore had to park in the main lot at the bottom of the village. Getting our stuff to our room was tough as we had to park in a temporary lot not exactly close to the room and do a few trips to unload. I wish there was better access for oversized vehicles or a better temporary area for unloading.
Overall though, the room location and size were perfect for us.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank spinalmechanic
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear SPINALMECHANIC

I amm happy to read you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for having taken a moment to sahre your satisfaction!!!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

So, this is our second time in St-Bernard,I have to say that its all about expectations.
The check in was super fast and we got our room, which was fine. Yes check in people could be little warmer but they do their job and I don't care for chit chat after 10 hour drive.
I was bit shocked when I asked for a roll-away that they wanted I believe $15 a day, I did make reservation for 4 people so I would assume when they assign rooms it should have at least 3 beds, not 2. What ever not a big deal, my son is 3 so we were able to push two arm chairs and he was very cozy and comfy.
We parked inside and there was plenty of parking, room was pretty clean and hotel called with in first hour that we were there and asked if I need anything, I did ask for frying pan and extra linines. Everything was delivered with in 15 min.
I read the reviews on all other hotels in the area and it seems that the issues are all the same, what I love about this particular property is that its right at the top and with 2 small kids it can't be beat. The rooms are comfortable and have everyting you need to make a meal, we had plenty of heat and hot water.
I think I was expecting alot more luxury on my first stay but its bit on the spartan side and its fine, you are not in Tremblant to hanfg out in the room, go outside and enjoy the beuatiful area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank pupsik

Dear pupsik

We are glad that you enjoyed your second stay with us and we sincerely hope that you will
choose La Place St Bernard.Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Reasons to stay here:

Good access to lifts

Reasons not to stay here:

Elevators don't work,

Air con in room doesn't work

Clock in room doesn't work

2/3 lights in room don't work

Room is noisy

Room is small and out dated

Car parking is complicated

Check in isn't until 4pm and nowhere was offered for luggage storage or to put boots on etc.

When you encounter all these issues reception is then 5 minutes away from room back out on to resort village

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank aimee00
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2014

Dear AIMEE 00

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. We sincerely regret not meeting your expectation .Please contact me in the in my box message. I will be really happy to dicuss with you .

Reviewed 19 February 2014

This was my second stay at this hotel, I am writing a second review because we were on a different sector of the hotel. This hotel has Deslaurier and Johansen. This time we got a 3 bedroom suite so we were on the Johansen side in room 419 for 4 nights. The room was in great condition, very clean and we were able to check in early. They had plenty of silverware/Cups/pots and pans for us. All appliances worked fine and there was plenty of hot water for 6 of us to shower back to back.

Once again, St Bernard impressed us and we will return next year. If you're looking for an affordable, clean and central hotel look no further!

Room Tip: We were in room 419, its right by the Cabriolet lift so if you happen to be a light sleeper you migh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank NothernOntario32
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This is a good place to stay if you like to have close access to lifts, and cook your own meals. Very comfortable for a family. Unfortunately, the check in process was TERRIBLE!! We arrived early, and were permitted to park and ride for the day, which was nice. The last lift runs at 3:30. The rooms are said to be ready at 4pm. Apparently, the room had to be checked by a supervisor. A very slow moving supervisor, I guess. By 5 pm, we finally had our room, but that being told "it will be ready any minute now" several times. Had we known it would be an hour, we could have gone and done something else, but there we waited in the lobby with many other families. Neither of the staff would call you when a room came up. You had to keep going up and asking if it was ready now. Again and again. They don't give you an hour's grace on checking out, so why is this acceptable?

Included in our package was access to after hours sliding, and a pool facility. The sliding was closed two of our four days and the pool closed early those same days. They were charging peak rates per night, I think they should have extended some gesture of courtesy for not-peak-performance.

The keys would demagnetize over and over again. Apparently, you can't keep the key near your cell phone. Or your car fob. Or your credit cards. Or anything else marginally magnetic. The man at the desk said "you can keep coming back as often as you need!" Or here's an idea -they should figure out a less fragile system.

We enjoyed our time at Tremblant, but these hiccups made it less great.

Room Tip: Johansson building 3rd floor rooms have walk out, which is very convenient if one of you goes in ear...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank J S
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Place St-Bernard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear JS

Thank you for your feed back!we apologize that the front desk was unable to provide the service that you expected. It is true that the location is amazing and I will make sure to share your comment with the management.
NathalieJuster

Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

This was our second trip to mont Tremblant. We stayed at Homewoods the first time. The price of St-Bernard was unbeatable (I think we got very lucky), but here are the highlights: great location, right at the base by the lift, easy access to everything, no breakfast as was provided by Homewoods, the ski lockers were all taken so we ended up bringing our skis to the unit which wasn't ideal, the Homewoods had a much better facility for storing equipment and also provided ski locks that we used on the mountain plus it gave us an option to leave our skis outside but locked. St-Bernard did not have these options, but non the less it was still very good and the location and the price could not be beat. Mont Tremblant is my favorite ski destination on the east coast. We'll be back!!

Stayed: December 2013