“Beautiful dog friendly resort”
Review of Domaine Summum

Domaine Summum
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We had a really great time at Domaine Summum! Plenty of activities, walks and swims for the dogs! Beautiful lake for swimming and canoe rides. The Grand Cabin was very spacious and we really enjoyed our weekend and most importantly, so did our 7 puppies!!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2014

Hello DiegoNanuk,
Super that you had a good time, looking forward to another visit from you....take good care of all the puppies! Birgit

There are newer reviews for Domaine Summum

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We walked, we swam, we rowed, but really Mulligan (the most gorgeous golden in the world) enjoyed it the most. This was a special occasion, my husband's sixtieth. We haven't been together on a vacation with our older children in a long time. This place was perfect. We made a bonfire and barbecued every night . Birgit was kind enough to show us around, tell us where to buy special food in the local village and there were plenty of golf courses nearby. This is the place to go if you like being with your dog. We never turned on the TV. I was a little worried about "Yappy Hour'. I had visions of Mully jumping on the table but she was too busy running to the water and playing with the other dogs.
Thanks Birgit for a wonderful time. Can't wait to come back.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Hello SD,
It was a special occasion for your family, so happy we were able to be apart of the celebration! Never have I seen such enjoyment....you were constantly on the go, in the water, swimming, using the canoe, paddleboat and rowboat, just pure abandonment of enjoying each day to the fullest!! Mully was a joy to watch, she was a delight and so well behaved.....especially at Yappy Hour!:-) Till next time, take care Birgit

Reviewed 6 August 2014

My husband and I wanted to take our two Labs along on a vacation where we would be busy during the day. Domaine Summum worked out very well for us. The suite was beautifully decorated, impeccably clean and very practical. We had a well-appointed kitchen with a full refrigerator and stove, satellite TV (although we were too busy to turn it on!) and a bathroom larger than some hotel rooms we've stayed in!

There were forested hiking trails and swimming areas for our dogs. It was really nice to be at a place where our dogs were not just permitted - they were welcomed with open arms. We especially enjoyed the Saturday night "Yappy Hour" with the other guests, the lodge owners and everyone's playful dogs.

Service was excellent with the management onsite and always helpful. Our van had serious brake trouble, and the lodge owners put us in touch with their own mechanic, who was able to fix it the same day and even lent us his own truck so we could still enjoy our vacation!

The lodge is located at the end of a quiet road, and we slept very well. We didn't get a chance to enjoy all the amenities but we look forward to another visit some day!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2014

Thank you so much for the wonderful comments. It was absolutely wonderful to have you stay at Summum, looking forward to seeing you again :-)
Next time hope to see both dogs enjoying the freedom.
Once in awhile we meet those gems of people that are honest and go beyond the beyond in helpfulness, and that is Mario who fixed your car....enabling you to have a last great day.
Take care, till next time,
Birgit and the four pawed family

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Went to domain Summum for 3 reasons,
1- Wanted to relax for my birthday
2- Wanted my dog to run around freely
3- Wanted my dog to learn to swim

Result: 100% Satisfaction

Day 1 Arrival

The owner Birgit explain us everything. and showed us the room: 960 sqare feet with bed, kitchen, great dinner table (Strangely our dog Mozart was really curious and he put is paws on the table to see where was that dog cookie he was smelling)

So we unpack, went for a nice walk in the trail, played with the dog, took a beer and tried the bed. (Wow super nice confortable sheets, we decided to buy the same when we came back.)

Day 2

Birgit told us where to go to smoothly show Mozart how to swim... Well... job done really easy! Now our dog a mixt of Newfoundland and Labrador is crazy about water, I will send Video to shell, I wish she will publish it. So now our dog want to jump in watrer in every occasion, he is 5 month and a great swimmer.

We went in town and grocery, made BBQ, drink wine. I was really relaxing with Norma my spouse. Perfect day.

Day 3 Birthday.

We woke up early, nice breakfast made by Norma, went walking with the dog free. He played with other dogs of other owner, then he swim again. I was so happy just to see him happy and running aroud with other dog.

Then Birgit let out her dogs with Mozart, Romeo and Storm (dogs from another familly), they where now 8-9 dogs running together with no fight having a lot of pleasure by going in the mud close to lake. It was WOW. Incredible.

Me, other visitors, Birgit and Shell where really having fun looking the dogs having fun in peace.

Then surprise! Birgit and Shell arrived and sang me birthday song with a nice bottle of wine ready to drink!

Day 3 again after dinner

The Yappy hour! Every few days Birgit make a get together with every body near the main house and we can drink together while dog play around freely. All profit from what we take is given to SPCA. That was also a great time and they serve me a birthday cake wow!

Day 4

What can I say more, everything was perfect, I sleep well, Mozart went in the water... totally crazy... I went alone in a boat and mozart jump in the water to get to me, I loved it.

We went out in Mont-tremblant area to try different walking trail where they accept dogs... There is quite a few.

And finally we got back to home... Was really difficult to leave.

I just want to say thank you Birgit and Shell, your project is great and sometimes it bring in people memory something they will kept forever.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Truly wonderful to have had you three stay at Domaine Summum, and share your birthday with you, from the first moment you arrived there was action here, Sangria time (good Sangria you made BTW, to yappi hour, to the delicious cake, and of course let us not forget guitar time......looking forward to hearing all of you when you come back.......we are practicing here!
I must say Mozart is a very special puppy......he learns so fast, I could see he had a blast, Norma and you are doing a fantastic job in educating him and giving him fun at the same time.
Looking forward to your return!
Birgit and Shell

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I very much enjoyed this little cozy wildlife retreat with our canine companion! Great trails, amazing lake, wonderful accommodations and impeccable host!! i give this domaine four paws up!! thank you birgit for your warm welcome!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2014

It was great to have you stay at Summum, hope to see you again one day soon, don't forget we are open all year around, gorgeous in the winter!
Birgit

Reviewed 23 May 2014

We spent the long weekend of Victoria day in Domaine Summum. My husband, my dog (Zoe) and I had a wonderful time there. We took the Holy Mole package which was delicious. For sure we will return there for another stay. Thank you Birgit for your presence and help.
Adriana, Norberto and Zoe

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for choosing Domaine Summum, to spend a quiet weekend with your special 4-pawed friend Zoe, and being the first to try one of our new packages the Holy Mole! :-) Looking forward to seeing you again. Have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a lovely time - the cottage was perfect for the two of us and our three dogs. The groomed trails were beautiful in the snow. And the fireplace was cozy and warm. We are already booked to come back in July and enjoy the swimming. This time we will stay for a full week and all five of us are really looking forward to it! Birgit is an excellent hostess and we highly recommend this beautiful dog-friendly property to others!

Room Tip: Consult with Birgit about your needs and she will be very helpful. We loved being able to see the f...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BirgitSchulze, Owner at Domaine Summum, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Hello Linda B
It was great having the five of you! Thank you so much for the kind words. It warms my heart when I see the love you give your dogs, and thank you for all you do on a daily basis for all our four-legged pals!!! Looking forward to seeing you in summer.....finally the sun is with us!