“Wow! Fondue that is FUN.”
Review of La Savoie

La Savoie
Ranked #15 of 156 Restaurants in Mont Tremblant
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Took our daughter here to try fondue. Yes, it is expensive, but you are on vacation and it is worth the price. Service was wonderful, food was plentiful and all we can say is WOW! We had a wonderful night. Thank you La Savoie!

1  Thank David M

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I always visit La Savoie when my family and I are in Tremblant. We love the owner - she is warm and friendly. This is a true fondue restaurant - tons of food and really fun for families. Reservations are definitely recommended as it is very popular.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Ate here the last night of our holiday and we left the best till last. The service, food and wine were first class but at a price. However, it was worth every penny.

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

It was my husband's birthday and since he loves fondue, I made - with 4 days in advance - a reservation at this restaurant. Upon getting there, exactly 8 minutes past our reservation time (which was 6pm), we were very badly treated by a very rude host who practically kicked us out and gave our table, right in front of us, to a group of young people (who obviously were going to drink more and spend more money). Even after telling them how important that night was, they were inflexible and rude. It really did ruin our night. After talking to friends who had been there, they said the treatment was also very rude, the food was not good, it was absurdly expensive and they left smelling bad. So why bother going there, with so many great places around?

5  Thank patricia_sp
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We visited La Savoie during a week-long ski vacation at Tremblant, and it was definitely the culinary highlight of my family's week. This tiny restaurant does fondue right.

We walked in without a reservation on a Monday night in late February (right in between the major vacation weeks) and were immediately seated in the "back room" close to the tiny service bar -- I had the impression that that was a less-desirable seating area, but we just found it cozy and pleasant. Our server -- a woman who'd come to Tremblant to ski-bum 20 years ago, finished college locally, and decided to stay on -- was at once professional and pleasantly casual, and helpfully made suggestions on how to mix up from the fondue and pirrade menus. In the end, we selected two portions of tenderloin for the hot-oil fondue, one portion of bread and one of mixed cheese, charcuterie and vegetables for the cheese fondue. We also ordered a bottle of Cotes du Rhone from the good wine list. Everything we had, from the family-style green salad on, was delicious (we didn't try the raclet -- but we certainly would if we ever make it back to Tremblant).

Fondue might just be the perfect post-skiing family meal -- even my "supertaster" 16-year old son found something he enjoyed in the mix, and everyone had fun dipping and swirling, cooking the tenderloin to their own liking, and just chatting. Something about the cozy European surroundings and the delicious and interactive food had my wife and daughter planning our next travel adventure.

La Savoie is, as others have noted, on the pricey end even for a resort town. That said, I think it was well worth it: a fun, memorable family meal, excellent service, and an environment that transports you for way less than the price of a single airline ticket.