“Winter getaway”

Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant
Ranked #5 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The two nights spent here were comfortable and warm, despite the cold outside. We liked the studio set-up, which came with a full kitchen. We found great places to eat and the location to lifts is ideal.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eric R
hiltontremblant, Manager at Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We are glad you chose our hotel for your recent stay and that you appreciated our suite and location. We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again if you come back to the area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,189)

Reviewed 25 February 2014

Stayed here on Hilton points for eight nights over President's week. Loved it. The hotel really could not be any more ideally located. Perhaps you cannot ski out the door to the slopes (like you can in the Fairmont) but it is awfully close. The hotel has free ski lockers a mere four steps down from the side door of the hotel that leads right into the pedestrian village, which in turn is perhaps 100 feet from the ski mountain's snow, the magic carpet lift for beginners and two different major lifts, one of which is the main enclosed Gondola that accesses the summit and provides access to all four sides of the mountain.
Directly outside the hotel are the main pavilion of the pedestrian village with the most popular restaurants, bars, shops and the ski rental and ticket facilities as well as an activity booking desk.
We were in a standard "suite" which was a little tight for five but would be ideal for four. It has a modern small (but full) kitchen and a working fireplace. Tip, if you are driving here on vacation, bring your own artificial fire logs. They sell you two hour duraflames at the front desk for $5.
Hotel breakfast is free for all and perfectly adequate and filing. They had a variety of food. The coffee was pretty good. I wouldn't call it gourmet but it did the trick to save a small fortune for a family of five over eight nights.
The hotel has a terrific, very large hot tub. It meanders and could probably hold 30 or 40 people. It never seemed crowded. The one day it rained (and freezing rain) on our trip, i used it 4 times. Yes, you can enjoy your adult beverages in the hot tub.
Parking is $12 a day plus 18% tax but is indoor and convenient.
Staying at any of the hotels in the pedestrian village give you some pretty neat privileges, 2 hours free ice skate rental per person per day and free snow tubing every night from 6-9. My kids loved the skating (which is outdoors) and we all thought the tubing was a blast. The tubing is done in something resembling a half-pipe, much better than just going down the bunny hill.
The facilities are more like 3.5 stars rather than 5 (other than the hot tub) so that is the only thing keeping me from giving it 5 stars. The location is 5+. I would definitely return given the opportunity. If you are Hilton Honors with lots of points to spend it is a pretty great way to spend them, particularly if you can drive here from the East Coast.

3  Thank Circusboyny
hiltontremblant, Manager at Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We sincerely appreciate your comments and are glad to hear our location and amenities were convenient to you. I certainly hope you will consider staying with us again.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

The staff was outstanding. One of the best overall hotel staffs I've ever dealt with really. Just extremely pleasant and patient people from the front desk to the breakfast staff to the maid service. The breakfast was fine and exactly what you would expect for a free breakfast. It was busy and they kept the food coming. The rooms/beds were a little small for 6 people to fit comfortably and there was no cot available (only 2 in the hotel and they were already used). The common area was spacious. The working fireplace was a nice amenity. The kitchen area was modern and very good for in room use. The room was a little pricey for but it is a resort and the location is great.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your review. I have shared your encouraging comments with all our staff. Our goal is to not only meet but to exceed your expectations. I hope to have the pleasure of meeting you if you come back to the area and to the Homewood Suites by HIlton.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Hotel is right on the mountain in the heart of the pedestrian village. Breakfast was good. Room was clean and nice but a little hot at night for sleeping. All in all a great stay. Staff is extremely nice and helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and that you appreciated our location and service. I hope you will consider staying with us again if you come back to the area.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

My family and I spent last weekend at the Homewood Suites.

My wife checked in while I dealt with my cranky kids in the car after a 7 hour car journey. She handed me the garage and room keys and took the kids to the room whilst I went to park the car.

There were trolleys for our luggage but unfortunately the only access to some rooms, like ours, was via stairs. Not easy with all the ski equipment and a large family.
The pull out sofabed was not made so I called housekeeping. The gentleman came up to give us linen but refused to make the bed.

The hotel has a hot tub outside which my kids used. There were no towels so we called reception who said the would send them down. They never did so the kids had to come back cold an wet after waiting for 20 minutes.

The night before leaving I carried my luggage back to the car park under the hotel as I knew it would be tough with the stairs and wanted to get an early start the next morning on our way back.

I couldn't find my car. At first I thought it had been stolen and went to report it at the front desk. The lady made a call and then informed me that my car was towed away as my ticket was not displayed clearly (it was visible but wrong way up). The front desk writes down the description of your vehicle when you check in, so why would they not be able to check this when they have your vehicle towed. I had to go to an isolated car pound at night in freezing temperatures to retrieve my vehicle. I was met there by two very aggressive men who refused to give my car back until I paid $165. After pointing the ticket out to them they still would not give me my car because "I could have planted the ticket". After one of the men waived his fist with a skull ring in my face, I decided to give in to the shakedown and pay to get the car. To make matters worse the wine bottles in the car had exploded from the freezing temperatures.

I went to see the hotel manager first thing the next morning. Expecting some sympathy and a refund of $165 I was instead greeted by a rude and abrupt manager who said that he was not responsible and that I should of known better. He didn't want to hear a simple solution that they could simply refer to their records before allowing guests vehicles to get towed from their lot. He thought he made a great concession by not charging for the overnight parking - my car wasn't even there after being towed.

Never staying in another Homewood Suites!

Room Tip: Get one near the elevator if you have a lot of luggage.
3  Thank AnthonyCdrn
hiltontremblant, Manager at Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Anthony,

Thank you for reaching out to us via TripAdvisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience your family had during your recent stay with us and know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be reaching out to you directly in an attempt to resolve the situation. I apologize for the mismanagement of the situation, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to speaking with you.

Simon Berube
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 February 2014

we stayed here because of previous experience with other homewood suites locations. This one was nice and close to the hills but the food wasn't great at this one... food didn't seem fresh. The kitchen in the suite was very good and the suite itself was spacious. Bed was comfortable but the bathroom seemed a bit outdated and grimy

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton
hiltontremblant, Manager at Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our location. You can be sure that your comments regarding the food will be addressed. I hope you will give us another chance to serve you if you come back to the area.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

bathroom smelt like smoke and all the staff told me was that someone was smoking in there bathroom so it filters through the others room so for 2 days our bathroom smelt like smoke. with no offer for them to move us rooms and there way to fix the problem was to leave the bathroom fan on, very disappointed in the way this was handled we stay there every year for a one week ski vacation and this is a first i will look at different choices next time where the staff might care a bit more.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you chose our hotel during your recent stay and we apologize for the problems you encountered. As mentioned on my recent email to you, your comments will be addressed as this is not our typical way of dealing with problems. I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future so we may show you the qaulity hospitality you expect and deserve.