Started well. Had booked a one bed with loft but stairs not at all suitable for our two year old so were moved quickly to a one bed room with two queen(?) size beds. Really small bedroom but much better living space for us. During stay I found the front staff friendly and helpful unlike some before. Rooms fine - basic and a little tired with almost a complete lack of cooking utensils e.g. no kitchen knife, so with our mainly eat in group this made life a little awkward. In fact a friend had some stuff taken from their kitchen during the stay, I presume to cater for another guest's request! Small thing.
Great location, 50m from snow but this can also be a problem as the rooms often overlook the main square as ours did which can remain noisy until late. Small thing.
Breakfast good (agree a bit with previous fake egg comments) but room small so take it back to your room, this is even recommended by the hotel. People have commented previously about the staff and this is where my biggest problem began and apologies for the little story coming! We have a young child, I'm going up and down with several trays of cereal, then coffee and milk for the baby's bottle (he is allowed breakfast since he paid for it!), plus toast and cooked breakfast......trays are small, by the way, I'm not that greedy! Seems to me a good idea to take a jug of milk so I don't spill then split it in room. Not to the staff however. Confronts me in breakfast room. I explain the situation. She loses it, shouting (and I really mean shouting) at me that I am stealing milk and that because of me no-one will have milk tomorrow! I tell her (quietly) to be reasonable and to please not tell me I'm stealing, I am paying for breakfast. This seems to break the camel's back, she goes into orbit, chases me out the room demanding that I buy my milk from the General Store from now on. It's milk for Christs sake, reported it to front desk, no action, breakfast room staff scowl at me from now on. Small thing but really upsetting, many people would just have decked her for speaking to me like that in front of other guests.
Room also smelled terribly of cooking fat. I guess the ventilation system is shared with Le Shack downstairs and it spills back into the rooms. We had washed all our stuff before returning but have rewashed everything because it really stinks! Small thing.
Overall this place is cheap and cheerful (normally). Don't expect much from the facilities because you ain't paying much for them. Because of all the small things I wouldn't go back. Have stayed in the Marriott in Tremblant found it much better (Fairmont not worth it, stayed there four times). Won't stay here again, hassles just don't make up for it.
Watch out for the wicked witch in the breakfast room...........
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our all-suite hotel is located in the heart of Alpine Village where you can explore local boutique shops and eateries. Each suite has a fully equipped kitchen, living area, and separate bedroom. Our beautiful property also has a dry sauna and a exterior whirlpool for your relaxation. Our full hot breakfast is complimentary daily, also enjoy our reception dinner Monday through Thursday evenings. Come escape from it all at the Homewood Suites by Hilton Mont-Tremblant Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Homewood Mont Tremblant
- Mont Tremblant Homewood Suites