“A Favorite”

Dining options: Reservations
Hartford, Connecticut
“A Favorite”
Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I have dined at Auberge Sauvignon twice. Once when under previous ownership around 2008, and once this month, under the new ownership. Both experiences were great. This restaurant will surprise you, as their attention to detail is superb and their execution of simple french country food is perfect.
I had the Duck a l'orange and my wife had the Filet Mignon. Both were perfect, including the sauces and sides. I had beef carpaccio as an appetizer, which was one of the best I've ever had (I have had many). My wife had the leek soup and she was quite pleased. The only negative thing I could say about the meal was that our bottle of red wine was a bit cold, which is a pet peeve of mine. The meal made up for it.
From a service perspective, it was not busy when we were there. Our main server did not speak English well (and shame on us, we don't speak French), but was very casual and friendly about it, and worked with his manager to ensure that he had everything right. The service was casual and attentive.
I would describe the atmosphere of this restaurant as warm, 'homey' and french-country, which matches it's delicious cuisine perfectly.

• Visited October 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Canmore
“Exquisite Food!”
Reviewed 26 September 2012

The food was excellent and the service was very good. This is "Haute Cuisine at Mont Tremblant". It was a wonderful dining experience and though all courses were absolutely delicious. The food presentation was outstanding. Chef & Proprietor Daniel Rousseau is a *big addition*** to the Mont Trembant food scene!

“Rip off”
Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Apps were good but small portions. Filets were tough. Hugh bowl for soup with very little soup. The drinks were a rip off vodka tonic $13.50 Four dinners two apps a few drinks $300.00 before tip

Montreal, Canada
“Patience is a virtue with this restaurant!”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Well, my wife and I live part time in this area and she has been wanting to try a new neighbourhood haunt. Though I cautioned her that there was a huge sign outside looking for kitchen help and serving help, she didn`t relent. My worse expectations were realized. Though the serving staff was curtious, they were not efficient and apologies for the sole chef in the kitchen kept us waiting for 1 hour just to be served the soup. Totally unacceptable. This was followed by a subsequent delay for the main courses of which my filet had an over powering red wine reduction sauce, though my wife`s halibut was good (although I thought it a bit bland). Once again the wait for coffee and dessert as well as the bill was agonizingly slow. If they get their act together, it may be a good, but not great restaurant.

Oshawa, Canada
“Didn't stay here but had a wonderful dinner with entertainment”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

We stayed at the foot of Mont Tremblant and were tired of eating over-priced, typical chain restaurant food from the slope side restaurants. While driving around we spotted this charming restaurant with a covered patio nicely set up for dinner so we thought we would give it a try. We had a wonderful evening here with lots of good food or a very reasonable price. All six of us had the table d'hôte. At $37 for six courses you can't beat these prices. We started with an amuse then soup (which was an awesome cream of celery), choice of appetizer, main course ( I had the salmon which was very nice but maybe slightly over cooked), dessert and tea or coffee. We had the pleasure of some excellent entertainment by Mr. Lefebvre. All in all a wonderful night with good food, good entertainment and excellent service.

2 Thank Marwin D