“Excellent restaurant”

Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 12 January 2013

Not busy the night we were there. Service excellent. Food excellent. Good but reasonable wine list which is unusual in this area. Becoming the popular dining place in the area particularly by the locals

There are newer reviews for Auberge Sauvignon Restaurant

Reviewed 22 October 2012

My wife and I have dined at Auberge Sauvignon twice. Once when under previous ownership around 2008, and once this month, under the new ownership. Both experiences were great. This restaurant will surprise you, as their attention to detail is superb and their execution of simple french country food is perfect.
I had the Duck a l'orange and my wife had the Filet Mignon. Both were perfect, including the sauces and sides. I had beef carpaccio as an appetizer, which was one of the best I've ever had (I have had many). My wife had the leek soup and she was quite pleased. The only negative thing I could say about the meal was that our bottle of red wine was a bit cold, which is a pet peeve of mine. The meal made up for it.
From a service perspective, it was not busy when we were there. Our main server did not speak English well (and shame on us, we don't speak French), but was very casual and friendly about it, and worked with his manager to ensure that he had everything right. The service was casual and attentive.
I would describe the atmosphere of this restaurant as warm, 'homey' and french-country, which matches it's delicious cuisine perfectly.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

The food was excellent and the service was very good. This is "Haute Cuisine at Mont Tremblant". It was a wonderful dining experience and though all courses were absolutely delicious. The food presentation was outstanding. Chef & Proprietor Daniel Rousseau is a *big addition*** to the Mont Trembant food scene!

Reviewed 24 September 2012

Apps were good but small portions. Filets were tough. Hugh bowl for soup with very little soup. The drinks were a rip off vodka tonic $13.50 Four dinners two apps a few drinks $300.00 before tip

Reviewed 26 July 2012

Well, my wife and I live part time in this area and she has been wanting to try a new neighbourhood haunt. Though I cautioned her that there was a huge sign outside looking for kitchen help and serving help, she didn`t relent. My worse expectations were realized. Though the serving staff was curtious, they were not efficient and apologies for the sole chef in the kitchen kept us waiting for 1 hour just to be served the soup. Totally unacceptable. This was followed by a subsequent delay for the main courses of which my filet had an over powering red wine reduction sauce, though my wife`s halibut was good (although I thought it a bit bland). Once again the wait for coffee and dessert as well as the bill was agonizingly slow. If they get their act together, it may be a good, but not great restaurant.