“Magical visit....”
Review of Sommet des Neiges

Sommet des Neiges
Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 19 October 2012

What a beautiful setting to relax and enjoy nature including the fall colours!! Everything is in walking distance of the hotel.The quaint pedestrian village offers a variety of restaurants, shopping as well as outdoor concerts. The hotel is perfectly located for the sports enthusiast with easy access to hiking, jogging and biking trails. Check-in was smooth and the staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Our room was terrific with lots of amenities including a full kitchen, fireplace, king size bed and large tub. It was nice to have the option to eat-in and to use the outdoor hottub ! I would highly recommend Le Sommet des Neiges and am looking forward to my next visit.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ski hill are preferred.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank SEM427
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2012

Dear SEM42/

It is great to hear that you had a wonderful time with us at Le Sommet des Neiges. We

are happy to see that you had found the hotel comfortable and relaxing and that Station Mont

Tremblant was able to satisfy all your expectations. We hope to see hope soon!!

Reviewed 13 October 2012

This hotel has an amazing location in the pedestrian village. Our 3rd floor king suite with a fireplace and balcony that overlooked the mountain and gondola was perfect. We planned this trip to go hiking and loved being right at the trails and convenience to all the dining and shopping and option of staying in to eat at our little kitchenette. Our main complaint is that there is not free wifi. It may seem silly, but after paying $12 a day for underground parking and a 3% resort fee on top of the other Canadian taxes, we assumed wifi would be included- but is actually another $12 a day! Overall I would recommend this hotel and stay again.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marisa C

Dear Marisa C,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such positive comments about our hotel.

It is amazing to have all those beautiful trails just next to us and all hiking lovers really enjoy it.

We really hope you will get another chance to take advantage of all that Le sommets des

Neiges and Mont-tremblant has to offer.

Reviewed 9 October 2012

We stayed in a 2 floor room with a king size bed and pull out queen size. The room was phenomenal!!! The view was breathtaking.....It was clean and the service was Excellent!!!!! Thanks to Nathalie Juster who took care of our reservations and made sure that our stay was exceptional!!!! We can't wait to go back!!!!! In the heart of Mont Tremblant and the Gondola is just a few steps away from the entrance. It's the place to be when visiting!!!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 339, fully equipped kitchen, 2 bathrooms, living room and bedroom, terrace from be...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2012

Dear Mary

Thank you for this wonderful review.I m so glad that you appreciate our property and the amazing location. It s always a pleasure to work for our guests and help them have a wonderfual time .I t was nice to meet and assit you. Please feel free to call me it will be my pleasure to make your wekend a unfurgetable one!

Reviewed 2 October 2012

Great hotel for families. Close to the lifts and ski school. The key here is they have lots of 3 bedroom units, which is hard to find in the village. The rooms are comfortable but old and sometimes show it (rickety chairs, sagging beds). We cooked nearly every meal (3x a day for 8 people) and the kitchen held up.

Room Tip: If you have young kids in the ski school, see if you can get room that overlooks the ski school area...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank HJ425

HD425

Thank you for the great feedback you have provided. Its true that Station Mont Tremblant have all the best facilities , specious unit with kitchen and easy access to all activities.Le Sommet des Neiges is the most convinient hotel for families and closer from the ski area. We look forward for your return.

Reviewed 19 August 2012

We stayed at a 3-bedroom unit in this hotel for 5 nights with our family of 2 adults and 4 young kids (ages 3 through 9) and had a fantastic time. The layout of the bedrooms worked very nicely and we made breakfast in the room every morning. Our unit was facing the mountain/pool area so we didn't have any noise at night from the concerts on the resort. The hotel is located at the top of the resort area, steps away from where they have morning crafts for the kids, and steps away from the luge, euro-bungee, etc. The kids also enjoyed the pool and the indoor playrooms at the hotel. We stayed at this hotel for a week last summer as well and had an equally enjoyable stay - we would definately return to this hotel again for another family vacation!

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TravelBird24
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Shared a condo with 3 friends during the Blues Festival. Great location as you are close to some stages, but not too close for the noise. The service and cleanliness was recommendable. Also, I think most rooms, if not all, have balconys which is a plus.
We had stayed at another condo last year, but Sommet des Neiges will be our choice for next year again. If you can get it at a good price (35% discount), its definitely worth the stay. Mont Tremblant is beautiful!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Patsy S
Nathalie J, Guest Relations Manager at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2012

Dear TravelBird24

I m glad to heard that you had a wonderful experience again at our

hotel with your famely and that the room was pefect for you. Thank you

for the positive feed back and if next time you want to plan ahead activities

you can always contact the concierge, directly at the hotel. Hope to see

you soon.

Nathalie Juster

Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was our third stay at this hotel and we were not pleased at all with our experience this time around. We stayed from August 5th-August 11th. Our cheif complaint was with housekeeping. When we arrived at the room, my wife found the oven to be dirty on the inside and out, the microwave to be greasy and splattered with sauce, and the dishwasher was loaded with utensils etc. It had been washed, but not emptied. I don't feel that it is right to have to clean the kitchen when you arrive at a hotel. If the cleaning staff is going to do the minimum during your stay, the least they can do is hand you a fully cleaned room when you arrive. Besides these obvious items, it became clear as we settled in that there was dust everywhere, and that the room did not have a thorough cleaning for a long while. During the course of the week, the extent of room cleaning was changing the towels, emptying the garbage and making the beds. Not even a wipe off of our dining table the one day we left it a bit dirty. Also, if you did not remove the do not disturb sign by noon, you were off the list for the day. They were quite efficient in that regard. When I called down to the front desk, they knew right away that I had the sign on my door, it must have been reported to them, and I was kind of belittled for this. On the other hand, when I did not get the service that day, I put the garbage out in the hall, and magically it was gone within five minutes. Also, someone needs to inventory the contents of the kitchen. Of the three times we stayed in this hotel, no two kitchens had the same utensils, plates, cooking utensils etc.. What work would it be to check this inventory after each room guest leaves. When you stay here, you never know what to bring with you because each kitchen is stocked differently.
The front desk staff could also use some re-training. One day I went up to the front desk to ask for the floor to be washed in the kitchen and the room vacuumed. Another customer (French Speaking) was given fast attention, and when it was my turn the phone rang and I ending up waiting 10 minutes while the caller was dealt with. Finally I took a piece of paper and had to write my requests down and handed it to the front desk employee while she continued to chat on the phone. During this trip we mixed up our check out date due to the fact that my daughter fell and fractured her wrist, resulting in a first day stay in the hospital for 6 hours. We were supposed to check out Saturday, but we had thought it was Sunday. When we arrived at our room Saturday around 2pm we had been locked out. We promptly went down to the front desk to apologize and were not greeted with all smiles. The clerk stated that he tried to contact us but was not able to. Not sure if he realy tried since I had my cell phone all the time with me, and I know it was in the hotel records since I kept getting calls the week before our trip from Tremblant trying to sell us unlimited activity cards. We at once went to the room and packed up as quickly as we could so they could prepare the room for the next guests which they still had 1 1/2 hours to do. While packing the vehicle we were promptly informed that we would be charged $20.00 per hour for the late check out because we delayed the cleaning staff etc...I understand that this was in fact our mistake, but given our experience with the cleaning staff, I cant help but wonder what type of room preperation they were actually going to do ! It seems the nickel and dime techniques have finally arrived here at Tremblant. I read another post regarding the charges for parking that have been instituted and I feel that too is a money grab. Not too mention the changes in the royalty fee added to hotel bills from 2% to 3%. I guess my biggest disapointment was with the fact that we have made this our family destination for over 10 years, and we would expect a little bit of compassion and flexibility especially with regards to frivolous charges like the one we encountered with our late check out, given the other complaints that we had at this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank msobi
nathalie j, Guest Relations Manager at Sommet des Neiges, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2012

DEAR MSOBI

Thank you for your review.
On behalf of the entire Sommet des Neiges management team, I would like to express our sincere regrets in not having met your expectations during your recent stay at your hotel.All inconvenience you experienced during your stay are difinitely not the norm at Sommets des Neiges and rest assured that immediate action will be taken to remedy this matter. I will sent you a private message on trip advisor whit the contact info and feel free toncall directly to dicuss further your recent experience.
Nathalie Juster