“Excellent, 5 minutes from ski hill”
Review of Hotel Quintessence

Hotel Quintessence
Ranked #4 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Rooms have a great view of the lake, well designed room layout, great spa type bathtub, comfortable seating arrangements, staff always willing to help and provide you with ideas and suggestions. % minute walk to the ski area of Tremblant. We had the full breakfast included in our rate.
We did not use the spa facilities or the onsite restaurant for supperso we cannot comment on these activities.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 December 2012

This is my 3rd time to stay at the Quintessence and each time has been wonderful. The hotel is quite small with only around 30 rooms. Our family occupied 4 of the rooms on the second floor. Our room had a king size bed with a sitting area and fireplace. Our kids room had two double beds also with a fireplace and sitting area. The bathroom floors are heated and the tub has a whirlpool feature. Our room also had two large closets. We had our 1 year old son with us and they provided us with a crib and highchair. I was not pleased with the crib since it was taller but we adjusted by using a stool in order to place him in the crib without waking him. The room also has a stocked mini bar with a coffee machine. The hotel is located on a beautiful lake and each room has a view of the lake. We ate several times in the restaurant on the ground floor and it was very tasty and hit the spot. There is also a wine cellar next to the restaurant with an extensive amount of wine to choose from. The hotel knows your every move so they know when to clean your room. We had the hotel car drive us over to the ski lift on two days. They also stored our skis and kept our boots on the warmers. We purchased our ski tickets from the hotel. Our conditions for skiing on the first day were extreme with lots of wind and snow. At times, I could not see in front of me from the snow blowing off the trees. We mainly ski out west and are not used to the extreme temperatures. We were told to ski the other side of the mountain and it did block the wind some but the wind still blew me up and sideways. It was a little scary. Our second day of skiing was much better but DRESS WARM. Mittens, face mask, base layers. (sorry-I got off the subject of the hotel) This is the perfect mountain hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie U
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Wow, wow, wow. I'm currently staying at the the Hotel Quintessence in Mont Tremblant situated in Quebec, Canada and am revelling in the understated luxury. The odd thing is looking around me there's not one single fitment I would pick for myself or indeed one of my own interior schemes yet the overall effect is one of calm luxurious comfort based on quality service. Advertised as Mont-Tremblant's foremost luxury boutique hotel it would be hard to argue against the description. From the Four Diamond rated Restaurant and Wine bar with its impressively stocked cellar to the in house Spa Sans Sabots the weary traveller has a phenomenal array of choice to ease away the aches, pains and stresses of daily life and recharge the drained batteries.

I'm currently sat typing away at the writing desk with sweeping views across the lake. This desk has been purpose built to fit into the window alcove of my 'Executive Suite'. A suite that comes equipped with its own open fire and log butler.  At an impressive 760 square feet (70 square metres), the Executive Suite is spacious and along with its private balcony overlooking Lake Tremblant still manages to create an intimate atmosphere. The marble bathroom with its heated floor, spa bath, separate rain shower and WC can be opened up to the suite further increasing the sense of space and luxury.

Featuring only 30 suites the Hotel Quintessence has been modelled on 'old world estates' and the moment you walk through the solid double timber doors you know you've arrived somewhere special. Staff are on hand to attend to your every need and all requests no matter how trivial are dealt with in a cheery and timely fashion. Service is the key word in this establishment. This quality of service does not come cheap and as with most things in this world you get what you pay for...

On the occasion of my 50th Birthday I have just spent an amazing evening experiencing the taster menu as a guest of the chef in his own private dining room which is accessed through the main hotel kitchen. Seven courses starting with an amuse-bouche, followed by entrées of beausoleil oyster with spicy little neck clam, cold foie gras pot-au-feu in citronella and ginger stock, natural beef tartare, confit green onions with cloves and Szechuan pepper, and a main course of rack of Venne lamb in pistachio-cayer goat cheese crust, feu sacré juice. A cheese course comprising of a selection of Quebec cheeses followed finally by a beautifully presented chocolate birthday cake. A foodie lovers delight. So many flavours and textures each presented with an attention to detail more in keeping with a piece of exclusive sculptural artwork awaiting critical assessment by a panel of experts. An unforgettable experience.

I have also had the good fortune to receive a Swedish massage in my suite in front of the log fire accompanied by tranquil music played through the rooms Denon sound system. An hour long session with Nicole who seemed to be able to pinpoint and work on every single  protesting muscle and ease it back into line with the assured firm touch of a seasoned professional. A relaxing service I am seriously tempted to revisit after my next aching return from the ski slopes. And there's another service of note... the moment you appear from the slopes, your board, skis and boots are whisked off to a side room where they are cleaned, dried and stored for the following days exertions.

The hotel has a relaxed, unassuming, homely atmosphere throughout, from the public shared spaces to the staffs 'it's a pleasure to help' attitude this is a venue I would happily recommend to anyone.

Read Shaun Baker's blog at creativescouncil.blogspot.com

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BakerSandC
Reviewed 16 December 2012

When I drew up in front of this resort on early December evening, it was already dark. Inside, the lobby area dominated by a giant staircase that spiraled downwards was all lit up beautifully. The lobby area looks out towards the lake but it was too dark to gauge how pretty it really was. Check-in was efficient and staff was warm and helpful. My room was in the same level as the lobby. Entering it, I was impressed with its spaciousness. The corridor was large and had a settee, and even a rubber mat to keep your soiled footwear. There was wall to wall carpeting and a real fireplace - the staff can light it up for you, if you need it. Facing the fireplace is a comfortable sofa set and behind is a large bed. The writing desk faces the lake outside and doors open to a large balcony from where you can take in the fresh air.

In keeping with current trends, the bathroom with its bathtub opens up to the room - you can pull the doors shut if you want to. The bathroom is an inviting place too, with the wash basins flanked on either side by the WC and the shower cubicle. Overall, it is a warm and nice place to stay.

However what impressed me most was the evening turn-down service. After a fantastic dinner at the restaurant and drinks at the bar, I returned to see the superb attention to detail in the turn-down service - for example, little things like the matchbox at the fireplace was replaced and the toilet paper was folded into a triangle. Really, this attention to detail is exceptional - if the hotel has trained its staff to be so particular, then they really take care of their guests well. No doubt about that.

What I also liked was the CD player that was already playing Miles Davis as I entered the room. Seriously whether you stay long in a hotel or only for a night, having a radio and access to music - as opposed to the standard TV set - makes a huge difference. The lovely Denon stereo filled up the room with the great jazz artiste, and coincidentally I had some CDs with me too, which I played. It takes the guest experience a notch better.

In the morning, the view from my room was beautiful. There was snow carpeting everything in sight and the lake looked grey but not frozen over yet. It was cold, yes, but beautiful too. The breakfast spread was just right, not too lavish, while the service was good as well. A great resort - highly recommended!

Room Tip: Higher floors may give you a better view of the lake
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2012

This hotel ecxeeded our excpectations by leaps and bounds. The staff were extremely friendly and proffessional. There were zero issues and every request that we had was dealt with quickly with a smile.
When we arrived they somehow knew our names. We went to the spa for a few hours before checking in and when we returned a different check in agent asked us how the spa was...My girlfriend loved the chocolate with the daily turn down service. The music was playing with mood lighting when we arrived in our room - nice touch-. The food was excellent. The room view was excellent. The wood burning fireplace (with unlimited free wood) was really nice. Right down to the two deer (probably hired...LOL) that were about 15 feet away from us as we were chilling in the outside hot tub. Quality - Class and luxury all the way!! Great job Quintessence....We will surley return. signed - happycamper

Room Tip: All water front rooms...rumours of them selling some as condos....
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnypintz
Reviewed 13 November 2012

My husband and I went to the Hotel Quintessence for one night stay this weekend for our Anniversary. The Hotel was so amazing, it was perfectly clean, service was amazing, we just could not ask for any better. Thanks to all the Staff at this Hotel for making our one night just perfect. By the way the room was big, clean and so beautiful. I would highly recommend to any couple who would like to get away for a romantic weekend or vacation, it was truly just perfect !!!! The food was amazing as well. We will be back very soon ! Thanks - Tina & Mark from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada.

Room Tip: Any of the rooms would be perfect !
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tina G
Reviewed 7 November 2012

A very pleasant hotel.

We stayed in October, which is out of season for the area - too late for summer, too early for winter sports - so the hotel was not full and felt rather dead. But good facilities - we stayed in a Deluxe Suite and found it very pleasant. A spacious comfortable sitting room and glorious views out over the lake. Our son stayed in Clagetts Cabin, which is a separate cabin beside the hotel - very cute and he loved it; a small cabin but I could imagine that the cosiness and separation could be a delight for an amourous couple.

Breakfast in the restaurant was fine but we went out for dinner so no idea what dinner is like.

We had a short stay with no problems at all - a hotel to which we'd happily return.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family