Hotel Quintessence
Sommet des Neiges(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$177
US$161
US$213
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Homewood Suites Mont-Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$202
US$163
  • Breakfast included
Embarc Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$138
Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$134
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$104
Le Grand Lodge Mont-Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$172
US$167
Fairmont Tremblant(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$329
US$203
Fairmont.com
  • Restaurant
Lodge de la Montagne(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$123
  • Pool
Le Westin Resort & Spa(Mont Tremblant)(Great Value!)
US$192
US$154
  • Restaurant
All reviewswine barinfinity poollac tremblantview of the lakeaveda productshotel spawood burning fireplacepresidential suitefour seasonsbeautiful hotelseparate showervalet stafffrozen lakemoment you arriverooms are hugereal fireplacespent two nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Spent a night at Hotel Quintessence and we really enjoyed it. We were staying in the Clagett's cabin, wich was super romantic and cozy. Nice fireplace and a bathtub right beside it. Could have been a little more lightning, it was hard to read stuff in bed (my girlfriend had to use a head lamp haha...). Very quiet, next to the actual hotel building. Wish the option of ''early check-in'' was available, cause you only get the chalet at 4 pm. Then check out the next day at 12. So you don't have much time to enjoy it. The service was good, everyone was super nice and accomodating. Free parking. Right in front of the Lac Tremblant and a 2 minutes walk to the village. Little downfall: when I made the reservation, I requested no feathers in the room (for allergies reasons), but when we got there, everything on the bed was feathers. I went up to the reception and they changed it right away, so it wasn't a big deal. Overall it was a nice stay. Next time I would go for 2 nights, cause only one is way too short! And I would like to try the Quintessence restaurant, it looks awesome.

2  Thank mc_1990
Reviewed 15 January 2014

We stayed at the quintessence because of the high ratings it got. Unfortunately I can not compare it to any of the other properties but we thought that it was a nice and pleasant experience. The hotel is located by the lake and not in the town which means its a bit further to the slopes if you are there for skiing. The staff and service was good. Everyone seemed friendly. The room was nice and had a real open fireplace (which we were glad about, since the heating alone was not enough). Great place for relaxing.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My girlfriend and I just spent 4 nights at Hotel Quintessence through New Years Eve. I have never left a bad review on Trip Advisor but I feel compelled to here. Mainly because I am so incredibly confused as to how every review I see is 5 stars with service being one of the most raved about features of the hotel. Also, I did not intend at all to leave a review - my expectation was that the general manager would reach out to us after hearing we weren't exactly thrilled with the service and I would just speak to him in person. No call, no e-mail...

We are generally a pretty happy-go-lucky couple that gives people the benefit of the doubt and tries to take a glass-half-full approach to all our vacations. Even with this trip, disappointed as we were with the hotel, we came back to NYC raving to all our friends and family about how great Mont Tremblant is and how we absolutely loved our time there. But our expectations for Quintessence were high, as we read the same reviews you are. The hotel wasn't even close to meeting them.

First, we got to the hotel at 4:40 on Saturday evening, tired and excited to finally unwind in our cabin (we were staying in Clagett's Cabin). Our room wasn't ready. Slightly annoying as check-in is at 4pm, but no big deal (though to be frank this has never happened to us before at a hotel of even decent caliber). The gentleman at the front desk says it won't take but 5-10 minutes so if we want to take a look around the spa while we wait, we should. Sure, no problem. 20 minutes later, we go back up, wait in line to speak to someone, and then finally we are told it's actually going to take another 30 minutes or so, so why don't we have a drink at the bar on the house. Nice enough gesture, but again we are a little shocked that a hotel like this is over an hour late in terms of our room being ready. Also, we are thinking to ourselves, what happened to the 5 minutes it was supposed to take? At any other upscale hotel, isn't the first thing said supposed to be, "our deepest apologies, even if it only takes 5 minutes, would you like a drink at the bar, on us, while you wait?" It really took us coming back to reception a second time, 20 minutes later to be offered that courtesy? The hotel isn't that big - to be true to the "personalized service" mentioned in the reviews, the front desk should have called the spa when they realized our room would be a while and told the spa attendant to make sure we knew the situation and to go to the bar and have a drink.

We were good sports about it, wanted to start our vacation right so said sure, we'd love to have a drink, thanks for the offer. We specifically asked them, "could you please let us know as soon as the room is ready?" (we were in sweatpants from traveling...obviously wanted to shower and change). "Absolutely, of course." Another 45 minutes go by....we have a couple of drinks at the bar, figuring somehow the room is still not ready. Finally we ask the bar to call the front desk and ask about our rooms - of course they are now ready and we are free to go get the key. As we get the bill, the barmaid explains she was instructed that the first drink is complimentary but the second we are responsible for. At this point I am legitimately confused - are they really going to make us pay for a drink while we waited for our room? I mean at the Marriott maybe you are expected to sit in the lobby and wait an hour and a half for your room to be ready, but here?? Honestly we aren't sticklers about anything. Totally understand that it's busy and things happen. All you had to do was make us feel like we were at a hotel where service was first, offer us a drink right away and/or comp our drinks. Or literally any other method of expressing accountability and your own disappointment that we had to wait.

Whatever, again, trying to start the trip off right, we pay and try and keep a good attitude. As we are checking in and finally getting the key to the room, we mention that the concierge has made us reservations for dinner 2 of the 4 nights we are there (we had called the week prior). The gentleman mentions the wrong dates and we ask him to please confirm that our reservations were actually on the dates we originally requested. "Of course, I'll check that and let you know". 24 hours later, an hour before our first reservation I realize no one has confirmed the dates. Of course, I have to call myself and ask again for them to confirm.

At the spa, the service was great but over 50% of the time there were no bathrobes. This is at 4 or 5 pm not 8 or 9pm when the spa is closing. On two days there was no soap left in the lone shower. Again, understandable once, but at the premier hotel in the area for that to be a recurring theme?

Another day, we came back to our cabin after a full day of skiing. Housekeeping has yet to come. We had to call and ask them to come. If it was noon, or even 2pm, would potentially be understandable. But it was past 4pm and our room was as we had left it....

Another night, we call the concierge to see how we could make a reservation at La Forge Bistro for a casual dinner. He says when do we want to eat? We say, we are ready to go right now, so whenever they can take us. "No problem, I will call them and let you know". 30 minutes go by, and we are just sitting watching TV, coats on, just waiting for the call. Finally, I decide to just call La Forge myself and see what the deal is - they don't take reservations at the Bistro but walk-ins are welcome! Fantastic, we'll be right there. Quintessence OWNS La Forge (literally same company) - how did you not know this? How did you not call us back even 30 minutes later?

There are a bunch more small examples, but you get the point. The amenities, restaurant and bar are all quite good. We loved our cabin, super cute and romantic. But I literally thought a practical joke was being played on me when it came to service. A 30 suite hotel with the reputation of premier personalized service. Literally did not even come close. I felt I was always begging to be attended to for the most basic things (restaurant reservations, etc.). And the fact that I never heard from the GM after expressing my disappointment at check-out was confirmation of my assumption about Quintessence. I think the reality is, the competition and hotels around Quintessence just set the bar low. This is probably still the best option in Tremblant but I just don't know if that's saying very much.

31  Thank Taresh B
Reviewed 6 January 2014

This was our first visit to this resort hotel, and definitely will not be the last. 5 star ratings all the way. The hotel's setting on the lake and proximity to the village was both spectacular and convenient. The small size of the hotel (about 30 suites) allowed for a type of personalized service that one rarely experiences - at ANY hotel in the world. Casual elegance would be a great "headline" for this hotel on all fronts. Definitely will tell all my freinds, and return in the spring. I travel in hotels over 200 nights per year, and the Quintessence is now one of my absolute favorites for leisure travel!!!

Room Tip: ALL of the rooms (all rooms are suites) face the lake and have outstanding views. Most signifiant difference is size of room - and even the smallest room/suite has 500+ square feet.
1  Thank Phil C
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

10/10 on all fronts! Great food, incredible rooms, top level service. Spent 6 nights here and relished every moment. Be careful not to smoke out your room by leaving the glass fire doors open though. Hot tubs in minus 25 degrees was fantastic. Shame to not have shared it...

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo