“Very Good - Very Hot”

Ranked #13 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Ottawa, Canada
“Very Good - Very Hot”
Reviewed 21 June 2012

I stayed here in June. We stayed during the week after our wedding. It was very nice. It's a small boutique hotel, the room was recently renovated, it was nice to have a kitchenette in the room although the cabinet doors were really dirty, it looked like someone had dirty hands and smudged them all over the cabinets, kinda gross. Also there was white (maybe toothpaste) stained on the bed skirt. Other than that the room was clean and the view of the lake was beautiful. The air conditioning in the room worked really well but as soon as you stepped into the hallway it was at least 10 degrees hotter. Not sure if they were trying to save on hydro, but holy humid!
The free breakfast was a nice bonus.

There is no free WIFI. You can pay for WIFI but it's 12$/ day. So expensive!
Parking is also 10$/ day (in the summer) but you can park in the free lot which is less than a 10 minute walk away.

We stayed mid-week and found there wasn't a whole lot going on. They gave us a 10$ coupon to go to the Casino, but it's about 20 minutes away and heard it wasn't that great. They really push the casino and getting massages done at the hotel, even though the mid-week massage deal at the Spa Scandinave was a lot cheaper. All in all it was a nice stay, but it wasn't anything special.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Manager at Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant, responded to this review, 25 June 2012
Dear Lexis042,

Thank you for your review.

We are happy to se that your experience was a positive one.

Rest assured that the few problems you encounter during your stay are definitely not the norm at l'Ermitage Du Lac and that it will certainly be address.

We truly hope to see you again!

David

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 3 June 2012

great location in winter beside the skating rink which includes the free use of skates. All day latte machine was a warm comfort alongside a delicious full buffet of breakfast goodies. close to everything the village has to offer but not in a busy area. outside hot tub is huge and welcoming after skiing .

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
Lachute, Canada
Reviewed 13 May 2012

My husband and I went on a week-end getaway / convention at this hotel on may 11 to may 13 2012. We had a blast. The staff was amazing and very helpful. I had an issue with the feather pillow and comforter and as soon as I told them I was allergic to it, they came back in my room and took care of it. The room are big and very comfortable. The hot tub was nice and warm and breakfast was amazing. All in all it was an amazing experience and I can't wait to go back next year.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
david1197, Manager at Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant, responded to this review, 26 May 2012
Dear Minou000,

Thank you for this amazing review.

We are delighted to see that you had such a good experience at l’Ermitage Du Lac.

See you soon!

Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My family and I have had the most wonderful skiing holiday in Tremblant and a significant part of that was the wonderul welcome extended to us by the hotel.
The rooms were excellent, well appointed with a good size bathroom and ample room to relax in front our our own lovely fireplace.
The staff were always very helpful, giving us plenty of advice on were to eat and things to do after skiing.
we would like to say a special thank you to Johanne, who made us feel very much at home, and for sharring alot of her local skiing knowledge of the mountain, which was invaluable for my snowboarding sons.
We look forward to staying at Ermitage di Lac again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Peglers142
david1197, Manager at Ermitage Du Lac Tremblant, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear peglers142,
Thank you for the gift of feedback.
We are delighted to see that you had a wonderful experience at Ermitage Du Lac.
Rest assured that we will take this opportunity to congratulate Johanne for her great work.
See you soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Now you have to keep in mind that everything in Tremblant is overpriced. So when you book a hotel, any hotel, in the pedestrian village of Tremblant, you will have to pay more than what you would usually pay for this type of hotel in other places in the area\province.

We went there in high winter season, on a weekend, we stayed there Friday and Saturday night. We had the most basic room available. It had a small kitchenette (bar fridge, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, cutlery, plates, glasses, etc.), a bathroom with nice upgraded counter and sink, toilet and shower. There were no bath, which for us (my husband and I) was fine, but I can expect with small children, this could be an issue.

The bed was a queen-size and very comfortable. There were extra pillows and blankets in the closet, which was great. There was also a pull-out couch that we didn't use, so I cannot comment on whether or not it is comfortable. There was a large patio door, but no balcony. I assume that balconies and fireplaces are only in upgraded rooms and suites. The tv was a large 27 inch antique-type (I'm kidding, but it was no HD).

The area is very quiet, it is about a minute walk from the gondola that brings you to the top of the pedestrian village. It's away from all the noise from the area, which is great if you're a more quiet group.

They offer a valet service for your skis, which means you drop your skis off at night, and they're waiting for you at the top of the mountain when you're ready to ski the next morning. We parked at the hotel for 10$ a night, which was very convenient.

The breakfast was good, a lot of choice. Toast, fruits, croissants, muffins yogourt, different cereals, juice, etc. The service was great, too. We had trouble with the toilet on the first night, we called front desk, and within minutes, someone was there to fix it.

We really have to complaints. It was great!!

Room Tip: I don't suggest the basic room for more than a couple. Although there is a pull-out couch, I wou...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Surrey
Reviewed 18 March 2012

My husband and I have had the fortune to stay at the Ermitage du Lac about 10 times now, in both late summer and in winter, and we wouldn't want to stay anywhere else. This time was a particularly special trip to Mont Tremblant as we were married at the Quintessence hotel there in January. It also meant that our group took 5 rooms in the hotel for differing periods of time within the three weeks that we stayed there.

From the time of booking, where we requested a particular room due to the nature of our trip this time and went through every booking for the party including room types and dates, the front of house staff (special mention to Johanne, Johanne and Francine) were very helpful and not to mention incredibly patient - this is everything we've come to know of them and expect from them. They're always on hand to find out how everything is with out stay, what we've been up to, to offer advice and recommendations and whether there's anything they can do for us.

Everyone in the party appreciated the all day free coffee (it really helps with the jet lag!), the buffet breakfast which makes a great start to the day, the ski valet (great job up there by Ghislain, JC and Benoit) which is an inspired idea, the comfortable and spacious accommodation and the hot tub to soothe away the aches of the day.

The hotel is perfectly located about 2 minutes walk from the Cabriolet (small gondola which takes you to the base of the mountain) but away from a lot of the bustle of the place which makes it peaceful and relaxing.

The only thing slight negative point I would echo is the commentary in other reviews regarding the housekeeping which does only consist of changing towels daily and bedding less frequently. When the temperatures are cold outside, grit is spread to reduce the chance of guests falling over all around the resort. The grit is easily caught in the soles of boots and shoes and ends up all over the room floor. However, we found that simply asking for the room to be vacuumed sorted the issue quickly.

I also agree with comments regarding the exorbitant cost of Wifi, but this is not particular to the hotel, it is all around Trembalnt and it is the resort which needs to address this, and urgently, in my view. The hotel does have a PC in the lobby for guests to use. There are, however, a couple of places in the resort which do offer free wifi.

I would recommend to anyone heading to Tremblant to check out the Ermitage. I have stayed at plenty of other condos and hotels in the many years I have been travelling to Tremblant and would not even look at any of the others next year, in the same way that neither I nor anyone in my regular skiing party of 6 looked at any other accommodation option than the Ermitage this year. The hotel and staff consistently deliver and going there feels like going home. Thanks to you all for making our special trip so special this year.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank mustangsally2202
New York City, New York
Reviewed 9 March 2012

First of all, my family loves Mont Tremblant. It is a great mountain and the village with it's European feel is an absolute home run! My 8 and 6 year ols say they "love this" place! And considering we are coming from New York City and usually ski in VT is 10x better and well worth the extra travel time. We have been several times and will absolutely return next year. Now for our hotel stay. The Ermitage is located conveniently towards the bottom of the village, just far enough away from the nightlife so you are not too disturbed at night, but close enough that you are at the base of the gondola within a couple minutes thanks to the Volkswagon Cabriolet lift. Easy two to three minute walk from all of the restaurants, bars, and shoppes.
The rooms were well appointed with the exception of drawer space - there is none - but other than that perfectly suitable and clean upon arrival. Here is the first of the only two issues with the hotel. The daily room cleaning basically consists of removing towels and replacing new ones and making up the beds. Nothing else was cleaned or touched or straightened. Tissues and debris left on the floor, cups and dishes left in the sink and around the room, etc. And this did not occur once or twice, but every day. I do not need someone following me around with a vacuum cleaner and duster, but for the price of the room and a 4-star rating I would expect a tidier job.
On the better things. The morning buffet was great. Perfect start to the day with a nice selection and variety and the staff in the dining area could not have been nicer.
Check-in, check-out, parking all great.
The only other problem and preventing this form being a perfect stay was the front desk staff. Not all of them, but there were two women in particular (I should have gotten their names) that were unhelpful, impolite, actually downright rude. If we had questions about restaurants, the village, activities, the resort area they were met with short, uninformative, rude, and condescending answers.
Good stay, but easily could have been a great one.
So if you don't mind doing your own cleaning and can avoid the front desk I would highly recommend the Ermitage and unequivocally recommend Mont Tremblant.

Room Tip: Away from the main walking mall to avoid noise at night.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family