“great location for the money!”
Review of Tour des Voyageurs

Tour des Voyageurs
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 6 February 2014

we have stayed here 3 times now and it's always very nice.

the location is awesome as you can ski right to the entrance of the resort. they have lockers at the entrance which you can only access with your room key. very convenient!

our room we had this time was 387! it was perfect....very clean and yes they are a bit dated....it fully equipped with plates, glasses, cutlery, coffee maker, fridge, toaster etc! awesome to make toast for breaky and make drinks at night :)

we also got to use the hot tub outside located on the second floor which was perfect after a day on the hills.

when we got to the room, I got a phone call from front desk to ask if everything was good and if we needed anything else. very nice!

I will be staying here again :)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 February 2014

We wanted a hotel in the Tremblant village and chose Tour des Voyageurs because it was the least expensive option available in the village. We were given a room in Tour des Voyaguers II (Room 270, if I remember correctly). The room faced the Cabriolet gondola so it was quick to hop onto the Cabriolet and we had a great view, including of the signature clock tower. We were happy with the room when we arrived, and pleasantly surprised to find that it included a fridge, microwave and sink (we didn't do any research, although I did google to confirm the hotel had a blow dryer). However, like other reviewers, I had issues with the noise. In addition to facing the village, our room was right next to the stairwell and right above the lobby so it was really noisy when I tried to sleep (my boyfriend wasn't bothered by it). I probably went to sleep earlier than most people (between 8:30-9pm), but even towards 11pm, there was still frequent noise from the stairwell. The first night (Friday night), I almost wanted to request a room change for the next day due to the noise but since we were only staying 2 nights I figured I could deal with it. The second night (Saturday night) there was even more noise (people and music) for a longer period (I believe coming from outside). I was eventually able to fall asleep and stay asleep but when you're on vacation and after a tiring day on the slopes, you want to be able to sleep when you want without being disturbed, especially at the prices you're paying. But I guess some of the noise is to be expected when there's a night life. You get access to First Tracks with the hotel booking, but we didn't take advantage of it since we didn't feel like waking up extra early. The hotel has a storage room where you can keep your belongings while you enjoy the day on the slopes after checking out.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea W
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My family and just recently booked a room in this hotel, upon our arrival I noticed that the Lobby looked a little shabby, but thought nothing of it. When we opened the door to our condo, our jaws literally dropped from disgust! Patched holes in the walls, burnt carpet, wall stains, broken and chipped furniture old bedding, terribly uncomfortable mattress and much much more! I was devastated that Tremblant/Intrawest rented out such horrid rooms! After asking the front desk for a room switch, when we opened the door to the second condo.... Even Worse!! The smell of dirty carpet mixed with sewage and mildew, etc! You wouldn't even want to remove your shoes thats how bad it was! So unclean it was literally shocking! We left and were completely located elsewhere. I would NEVER recommend anyone to stay here! POINT BLANK.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank j c
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We visited this hotel during a last minute decision to visit Mont Tremblant in January 2014. The hotel location is great, right by the slopes and the village. Price was very reasonable and the hotel is very clean, friendly staff. The room was a good size, has an older decoration but it adds charm. We didn't have a chance to check hotel amenities i.e. whirpool, etc as we spend most of our time outside. What I enjoyed the most is that I was able to sleep as the room doesn't have those bulky heaters/ac units that can be very noisy! We will be back for sure!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathia13
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed here from December 29-31, 2013 with a couple of friends. On first impression, the hotel didn't look too shabby but it was quite evident that the lobby was aging. While waiting to check in, I saw two guys asking the front desk for a plunger because the bathroom was clogged. I didn't think too much of it, and just assumed that they may have just been messing around. Check in was a smooth process; the front desk agent was nice. Our room (164) overlooked the ice skating rink, and was far away from the elevators and staircase so it was not noisy at all. The heat worked well, and room was cozy. The bathroom amenities were subpar and the towels were thin. Please also note that housekeeping service is an addition 5cad per day, if you choose to request it.

On our first night at the hotel, our bathroom clogged from toilet paper. The bathroom flush pressure is extremely low so every time we flushed it, we were afraid that it would clog. Upon seeing that it was clogged, we contacted the front desk at around 9:30pm and asked if housekeeping could come remedy it. They said housekeeping was not available at that time, and for us to pick up a plunger at the front desk if we'd like. I found it odd that they were so nonchalant as if this happened all the time. Apparently it does, considering we saw other guests asking for a plunger when we checked in.

The location is perfect as the ski rentals and lifts to the ski area is just outside the hotel. As great as the location is, I do not think this hotel is worth the price as everything else is lacking.

• Stayed: December 2013
Nathalie J, Responsable relations clients at Tour des Voyageurs, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Dear Jennifer

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at La Tour des Voyageur.We
apologize for what you encountered with the maintenance departement and I will certainly
review the overall perfomance .
Sincerly
NathalieJuster

Reviewed 3 January 2014

The only thing good about the hotel was the location. It was very expensive. You paid for the location. The room was fine, nothing great.. We came for a family holiday, but on December 29, a group of 10+ teenagers/young 20 somethings moved in next door, with the clear intent to party for the next few days. The only saving grace was Nicholas, the hotel manager who agreed to refund our remaining two days and we left. As we left, van loads of teenagers were arriving and wheeling cases of alcohol into the hotel. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy a drink and understand the idea that New Year's is a celebration time, but this had the atmosphere of a frat house. Not sure what the hotel can do to screen its guests, but somewhere in the cyber world, this hotel was noted as the place for kids to party. If you want a more refined mountain experience, this is not it.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CRTraveler2014
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed at this "hotel" in Tremblant from Dec 29 to Jan 2. I took my family here hoping to celebrate New Years in Tremblant and do some skiing.
Before I begin my review, let me just say that I use Trip Advisor extensively - especially to research hotels. I believe one of the most useful tools in Advisor are not the good reviews of the different hotels but the criticisms and issues that different travelers like me might have with a facility. Certainly some harsh words may sometimes be a singular experience or an isolated event for a hotel. But I find that by reading Trip Advisor you can really get a feel for trends for the hotel you are looking at.
Having said that, when I booked at Tour des Voyageurs, I did see that there were more than a fair amount of poor reviews. This was worrisome but I knew the location was excellent and the hotel did offer the proper amount of nights available (other resorts at Tremblant required longer stays to secure a reservation).
So onto the review.....yes, the location of the hotel was excellent. It is located at the base of the village with easy access to the Cabriolet which is the mini lift that takes one to the base of the mountain. This lift literally is right outside the doors of the hotel - very handy if you have small children with lots of skiing gear.
Unfortunately, the location is about all that is good about this hotel. I have stayed at a variety of hotels from the W in Chicago to the Four Seasons in SF, to The Lodge at Yosemite Valley - the Tour des Voyageurs is by FAR one of the worst establishments I have ever stayed. Many of the reviews state that the hotel is old. It is definitely that - very beat up looking lobby and furniture and baths in the units are worn. The unit we stayed in wasn't dirty as many other reviews stated. The unit was very dark - dim - lighting was terrible. It was one of the darkest hotel rooms I have ever stayed in. To me, when it's very dark, it just seems dirty and unkept.
The major problem we had was the noise. Yes, we stayed during New Years. Yes, I understand how it is a time for revelry and good times. But I will say it seemed like the entire hotel was filled with 20 year olds. It was like a convention of delinquents. When I asked the front desk about the noise level, the clerk stated that they were surprised by the hordes of "young people". Many of these patrons appeared to rent rooms and then tried to cram as many people as they could into the units. The noise level in hallways and public areas was terrible. Worst I have ever seen.
If the reader takes anything away from this review, you should absolutely avoid at all costs staying in room 131. This was our room, right next door to a stairwell which led to the outside of the hotel. The noise in the stairwell was awful - not uncommon for noise to be high until 3 am. Apparently many of the other guests were smoking outside and used the stairs to access the outside. There was screaming, yelling, stomping down the stairs literally at all hours.
I recognize that the hotel has limited control over who books rooms and the fact that the stairwell transmits all that noise into the room. Obviously the price point of this hotel was too low to keep juvenile delinquents from staying. Also, if anyone from the hotel reads this, room 131 should absolutely be a discounted room (like a discounted seat at a concert due to obstructed view). I did not sleep well a single night I was there. If management is not aware of the noise problem in 131, then they have a serious problem.
I will never return to this hotel and I strongly caution anyone considering booking here. If the rates stay the same, I would definitely spend more to stay either at Homewood Suites or the Residence Inn. This hotel is loud, overpriced and caters to the wrong crowd. It's a shame given the great location.
Many of the negative reviews of this facility are spot on. Exercise caution when considering this hotel. Not good for families, not good for couples, not good for anyone.

Room Tip: DO NOT book any room near a stairwell. Do not stay in room 131. Likely one of the worst rooms on e...