The hotel has a wonderful location in the in the main part of the resort, with quick and easy access to the restaurants and ski areas. The hotel good be extremely good, but just continually failed to impress.
We stayed in Tour 2. The decor of both the room and the communal areas was tired, with an 80's feel to it. In some areas the wallpaper was noticeably peeling, wooden skirting boards were noticeable chipped, and the wallpaper had big gouges in places.
The hotel certainly makes you aware that you are in French speaking Canada. The notices in French are always easy to read. However, some of the notices, and some important ones at that, have the detail in English in very small letters, less than one-third of the typeface size of the equivalent details in French. If you don't speak French it is very easy to get caught out.
Some of the staff are wonderfully helpful, friendly, warm and welcoming. However, for every pleasant member of staff we found two that were lacking.
Asking reception for assistance is a hit and miss affair. If they say they will ring you back with the answer, don't hold your breath. Two out of three occasions calls were not returned.
Housekeeping left a lot to be desired. During a seven night stay housekeeping only visited twice, and only after complaints to the manager. Apparently this was our fault due to the notice that was on the door. On at least one occasion the housekeeping staff had been into our room and put a notice on the door, apparently justifying not cleaning and re-stocking the room.
Select the green option and housekeeping does nothing, not even check you have enough toilet rolls.
The attached cafe is overpriced and staffed by miserable staff. Five visits, seven employees, not one smile, even though I smiled when I asked for anything at the counter. Service is slow, and whilst the cakes are good, the sandwiches and breakfast are dreadful.
The hotel is not quiet and other guests can easily be heard moving around.
The ski lockers are a little on the dated side
Overall the hotel is overpriced for what it offers and should be avoided.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tour des Voyageurs, Les Suites Tremblant’s most visited hotel and the rendez-vous for Tremblant’s major gatherings. A must for families, groups and conventioneers, this hotel is known for its warm welcome and friendly, uncompromising service. You will also have access to Starbucks Coffee located at the lobby level, a bike rental shop and many road and mountain biking trails, footsteps away. You’re part of the family here, so come in our hotel newly renovated and make yourself at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Tour des Voyageurs reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tour Des Voyageurs Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Tour Des Voyageurs Mont Tremblant
- La Tour Des Voyageurs