“Great location and poor customer service, but overall great stay”
Review of Tour des Voyageurs

Tour des Voyageurs
Ranked #23 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 5 January 2009

This hotel is pefectly located next to the bottom of the Cabriolet (pedestrian lift in the village). Ski directly to the hotel front door. The rooms are very large and include a kitchenette, fireplace and living room. However, the TV was very small.

The customer service was worse than expected. They initially directed us to the wrong room and then misdirected us to the wrong tower. They also didn't offer to help with our baggage and we had to call for towels twice and the second time they told us it would be an hour wait.

In spite of the poor customer service, I would still recommend staying here. It is the cheapest hotel in the pedestrian village and VERY convenient. Even convenient to the public parking lot if you want to park your car for free and take a short walk instead of paying $10/day to park in the underground garage at the hotel.

Overall this is a great stay and I would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 March 2008

I would not recommend this hotel to people that have sleeping issues. If you have to have a good night sleep, stay away from this place. Double bed mattress in studio apartments is simply too soft and too small, inadequate for an average couple. Yes, there was a pull- out sofa, not a very good sleep either, and what good is that for a couple, anyways. The price guarantees a lot of noisy students during school breaks in Ontario and Quebec. The kitchen is good for breakfast only; if you are skiing hard I doubt that you will be microwaving food. Teenagers run across hallways and party out of control. Not for an overseas visit.

Stayed: March 2008
Reviewed 26 January 2008

Wonderful time. great skiing. The hotel is good for the money. Rooms good size great location and steps to the gondola. It is part of the pedestrian village.

Please Read-Avoid the "WOK" chinese restaurant. My husband and i arrive there and was put upstairs in a claustrophobic attic when there was plenty of seating available on the main level.
The service was horrible. We had to wait 2 1/2 hours to get a meal and once the meal came only part of it came. They brought our fried rice 20minutes before they brought our chicken dishes. Our appetizers were last to arrive. We should have listen to the lady and the next time when we first sat down her comment to use was "Its going to be a LONG NITE"

When the food finally arrive it was very bland, cold, and lackluster. My husband and i ending up getting hungry again that evening.

BEWARE STAY WAY!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 January 2008

I don't know what the previous reviewer was complaining about, but he should have known during booking that the place MIGHT smell like food b/c the suites have kitchens in them HOWEVER I stayed here from Jan. 13-Jan. 17 and had NO problems with smells whatsoever.

My friend and I stayed in a studio suite on the lower level facing the back of the hotel and found it to be absolutely charming and clean. I took the bed while my friend took the sofa bed in the living room, but because my bed was nestled in an alcove it felt like we both had our own "bedrooms".

Kitchen was the perfect sized and outfitted with all the necessary appliances (electric stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaster), utensils, pots/pans, etc. Gas fireplace was a nice touch.

Room has WiFi Internet which was a BIG plus.

Plenty of closet space although my friend and I lived out of my suitcases most of the time. French doors lead to an outdoor patio, which we didn't utilize b/c it was covered with snow.

Initially our travel agent placed us at Comfort Inn & Suites located right next to La Tour Des Voyageur (LTDV), but thank goodness we made the switch b/c: 1) all the teenagers were staying at Comfort Inn 2) LTDV is literally steps from the Cabriolet lift 3) Shuttle to/from La Macaza airport 4) No suites w/ kitchens at Comfort Inn

The Pedestrian Village had a lot of nice restaurants and shops, but to save money we bought groceries at the general store and made most of our lunches and breakfasts.

I HIGHLY recommend Le Shack and Diable Microbrewery for a laid back atmosphere and simple yet good food (and beer).

Hotel amenities include: mini gym, dry sauna, outdoor hot tub, cafe, washers/dryers, free locker storage for equipment

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank mercermercer
Reviewed 6 January 2008

Wow the worst hotel we have stayed at in years! The smell in this hotel in hallways and in the rooms is horrible. The problem is the cooking that people do creeps into the hallways. We are still at the hotel as I right this, only because my wife is too sick to leave she has been vomiting most of the night. We went to the front desk 3 times (very rude). All they said was someone was cooking with garlic! I don't know about you, but I have cooked with garlic and it doesn't smell like vomit, old fish, beer, and a chemical that we haven't put our finger on, but figure that is what make my wife ill. The front desk said they would change our room but offered no apologe or compensation for the inconveinence. We stuck it out in our room so they brought up an Ozone machine (we had to leave the room for 1.5 hours because it is unsafe. When I returned it. No one asked if the smell was better. There is food in the stairwells for days, pop machine doesn't work, but there is one across the street! it seems there is always housekeeping carts in the hall. the lobby is always a mess. Even something as simple the remote in our room doesn't work, and the cheap pot melted to the stove when I called the front desk they said "ok" not we will bring you a new one or did you get burnt just "ok" The room is OK dated but clean the front desk upon check in was great, but since then is alot of eye rolls, and "sures" and "uh ha" as answers. I guess that we should thank them for letting us stay here!!!! I have added a few pictures to confirm what I say is true. Please feel free to contact me if you have any question.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jasonmooney99
Reviewed 25 August 2007

I recently stayed at Tour des Voyageurs with my husband and 3 children. We had a very clean, well maintained, 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom suite with 3 tvs, a full kitchen, dining room table, living room with pull-out sofa & fireplace, lots of windows and a large balcony. It was perfect. The hotel has a restaurant that's open from 7 in the morning until very late at night. We did drive to a local supermarket to get food to keep in the room and made our own breakfast (the housekeeper will load and run the dishwasher for you if you don't do it yourself), but there are also two markets in the pedestrian village for food & drinks to keep in the room. The location of the hotel is at the base of the pedestrian village, right at the cabriolet which takes you to the top of the village (it's a steep hike otherwise) where the gondola and ski lifts are, and where there's activities for children. We booked our vacation well in advance and were able to get a "pay for 4 nights, get the 5th night free" which allowed us to extend our visit an extra day. The hotel has an outside pool with a hot tub and is within walking distance of all the restaurants and stores, which helps when the cabriolet gets turned off at night. We were concerned about parking in the underground garage as we have a very tall SUV, but the hotel allowed us to park in the outside spots right in front which are reserved for people checking in or out. There's so much to do in Mont Tremblant my family wants to go back next summer. If we do, we will definitely stay at Tour des Voyageurs again. One thing to keep in mind--purchase Activity Cards when you book your hotel room and take advantage of the discount.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled with family
2  Thank SelmaAnne921
Reviewed 8 February 2007

I stayed at the Tour des Voyageurs with my wife and daughter for a week from New Year's Day.
We had a very nice room on the Cabriolet side.
We had a great time - a very relaxing, well-equipped and comfortable room.
The snow was poor, unfortunately, but we skied every day. The real snow started on our last day there.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled with family