“Will never go back - or recommend”

Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 17 April 2014

The condo rented privately was great - had 3 nights for a wedding at this reception hall, epic fail on the food, service, and cost - simple things like soup course took over 1 hour to serve , pay bar was overpriced and had no ice, cold drinks and ran out of everything before midnight- actually required a beer run! Best part - a bunch of us had our credit cards compromised with the reception hall as the common denominator... Never again -

• Stayed: March 2014
5  Thank Shallo1
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Sorry for these problems. Effectively it seems that everyone was drinking the same beer brand so we ran out of it and had to go out to purchase more. As for the credit card problem, as soon as we had been made aware, we were able to intervene and remove a malware that had been the source of the problem that has now been resolved. Again I would like to apologize for these issues.

There are newer reviews for Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Except for the view on the mountain it is a horrible place. The service is bad, no effort to help you, terrible decoration, and the bed is too soft - impossible for 2 people to sleep in it. Outside it was full of ice, I fell. And they say that there are trails for cross country skiing on there terrain - no, there aren't ... If you can avoid it: DON't GO!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Annette L
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

We effectively had some bad weather conditions recently that resulted in icy pathways. We do our best to provide secure access but sometimes Mother Nature does not cooperate. You are right , there is no x-country trails on our resort but there are plenty nearby, mainly the Petit train du nord et Domaine St-Bernard. As for the comfort of the bed, I was able to trace the unit you were staying and our Housekeeping Manager was able to correct the situation. We do appreciate these constructive comments that allow us to improve the quality of our service. To this effect, we leave comments cards in each guest's check-in package. These cards can be left in the Special Box at Reception. Also, we invite guests to contact Front Desk at any time during their stay to resolve any situation that could occur.

Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

We spent two nights in a one bedroom apartment, with a very spacious living room and kitchen as well as a perfect view of the slopes across the lake. The location is at the top of the hill, on roads requiring good winter grip. Serviced by a bus to the slopes every 30 min is still isolated from attractions, the village is nearby and quaint, the slopes 10 min drive away but finding parking there could be treacherous.

Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nolinice
Guymond, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

Thank you for this informative review.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

We spent the week of New Year's 2014 to this lovely condo and ski area. During high season you would have to pay three times the amount we paid to ski with a family of four. No, it was not our usual ski-in/ski -out, but it was an easy and pleasant 10 minute ride to the slopes. Free parking was usually availble (excluding the weekend when we arrived later and it was more crowded). Cap Tremblant also offers a shuttle. The condo was clean, spacious and comfortable. We were able to stock the kitchen with snacks and drinks (again a great savings compared to the usual "room service"). I was concerened with a few things from previous reviewers like, parking issues and poor linens. We were prepared to purchase towels or blankets but found the heat worked so well we were fine with the lighter blankets they provided. No you don't get PLUSH towels, but don't expect the Ritz Carlton at these prices! The kids had a great time. We had beautiful views of the mountains. We enjoyed great pubs and restaurants in the area. Excluding the -27 F weather, which took our Florida breathes away, it was an ideal vacation and winter escape for people living in tropical weather all year. The only issue I had was with the LONG lines and crowds at the Mt. Tremblant ski slope. I guess I've been spoiled in the past going either the very start or end of the ski season and NO lines at other resorts. It did not stop our enjoyment, just less runs for me!

Room Tip: Never had a problem with noise, but if you have trouble walking uphill ask for a room without so man...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank pearlygirl133

Thank you for this thorough review. We wish to see you again next year.

Reviewed 17 January 2014

My wife bought us for my birthday a package for 2 nights in a 1 bedroom condo that I decided to upgrade for an extra 50 a night for a 2 bedroom unit.. When I called to make a reservation I spoke with a really nice young lady whose name stood for a longer name that I cannot remember at the moment and I wish could. I asked her that if her favorite cousin was going to come visit which condo would you give them and book me that one, I heard her laugh. The day we arrived which was mid week the resort was very quite. At the reception it was the same lady I spoke with on the phone.
When we arrived at the condo my 4 1/2 year old daughter ran up the stairs and exclaimed "Beautiful". When I walked up I could not a agree anymore. It had 2 nice bedrooms with a bathroom and shower in one of the them. The main bathroom had a Jacuzzi tub which was nice but not one of the strongest ones that I have used. The living room had a working fireplace and was open concept with the full kitchen and dining area. Washing machine and dryer were in a cupboard which was handy with a child in tow.
The view was unbelievable from the living room with a view of Mont Tremblant with a little nook with a table and a window also looking out at the mountain. I asked my wife " do you think we can rent this place for a month in the off season so I can come here and write my book"..
There was a BBQ on the balcony but it was December so we did not have the chance to use it.
When we travel we travel with an air cleaner and humidifier as we always find it easier to breath for us and our daughter and they came in handy as with anywhere you go it is dry and dusty with electric heat. The funniest thing was the day we were checking out I looked into the small bedroom and the curtains were closed and it looked like the solar system as there were all these little wholes in the curtains. That was the only thing that I found that should be changed.

Room Tip: Go mid week before the season begins
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lorne A

I am glad that you had such a nice experience for your birthday. We wish to see you soon. Don't forget to send me a copy of your next book. I am curious to see the end result of the Cap Tremblant inspiration.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We had to pay an extra 165$ - x2 50$ extra for nights on the weekend + 45$ Tax = $200+ $165... was not really a deal. Getting to Cap Tremblant was a pain, especially when we arrived when it was freezing rain,so the HUGE slope we had to drive up to get to the reception(at the top of the mountain) was pretty crazy, they do sand their roads a lot though. The condo had an amazing view of Mont Tremblant mountains and slope's! Breathtaking! The rooms were nice, had a nice kitchen with all utensils, pots, pans, muffin tins, coffee maker (with free coffee) knives,forks, glass, bowels, plates, dishwasher, washing machine for clothes, tv, wifi, jacuzzi tub,fridge you name it, they had it, except.... they didn't have a pen in the condo lol. The bed was wayyyyyyyy to HARD! It felt like I was sleeping on a wooden board, but got use to it after the first night (kinda). The top visitor's were teenagers, drunk teenagers, the whole place was filled with teenagers or young adults partying, in all or most of the condo's, so if you do decide to go for a walk watch out for drunks LOL. Kidding, their harmless there. Hmm what else. The reception staff were VERY nice! The resturant there was way over priced so we never went. We had to travel outside to La belle to do grocery's to eat, everything in that area was sooooo expensive, even the frozen pizza's at the stores in the Du Chemin Village. There's a Metro in La belle about 10 minutes away, and you can get some grocery's there and cook them at the condo. We never made it to the outdoor pool, as I said earlier, it was packed with drunk teenagers. The bath tub in the condo was nice, it always had HOT HOT water, which was +1 for me. The tv controller was quite annoying to use, but we got it to work. Watch out for the parking area, as they don't sand it in the winter, but they do sand the MAIN roads, and the walking paths up to you're condo. I really enjoyed this place, it had everything, it was a nice escape from the city, was hard to get to, and lots of people do not know how to speak english :) I recommend you travel there at least ONCE.

Room Tip: Condo's at the top of the mountain have better views, and larger balcony's we stayed in Cond...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luxx N

Thank you for your review. A quick correction for our readers : the groceries store that you are referring are in downtown Mont-Tremblant (formerly St-Jovite) not in Labelle which is 30 minutes north of the resort. As far as the restaurant Il Pinnacolo is concerned, it is run by two great chefs, one from Venice, Italia and one from Belgium.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

We booked a two-bedroom condo for one week at CAP Tremblant Mountain Resort at Mont Tremblant. The condo was very comfortable and clean. However we have two complaints. The first one is regarding the WiFi service which was very poor. It was on and off randomly. We called the reception to have it fixed, but no one showed up, and we have to call them again. The second time, a staff member came to the condo but couldn't fix it either. Eventually, they fixed the problem, but it was stressful since we needed to take care of some payments. Our second complaint is about the cookware. Some of it was very cheap and it was very difficult to cook something without burning it. Silverware and glasses seemed like they have been collected randomly from the remains from someone else's house. Trash bags and toilet paper was scarce too.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chili2014

Thank you for your review. Housekeeping Department holds a complete inventory of household articles. Do not hesitate to contact Reception if you are missing any items.