“great place!”

Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort
Ranked #13 of 29 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Reviewed 19 October 2009

i had planned a surprise bday wknd with friend & family (over 20 ppl) for my husband 40th bday. we had rented 2, 5 bdrooms condo & 1- 3 bdrooms, everything was great, the condos are very spacious, very comfortable, you really feel like you are home, the pool outside is small but no biggie, we still enjoyed it a lot, especially our children.
we are planning another extended family trip there for december (from 30th to 2nd of jan) because we liked the place so much & the price is very good.

• Stayed: August 2008

Reviewed 12 October 2009

Although this resort is removed from the sought after village area, it is quite a gem. We have stayed in Tremblant many times over the last 10 years, and have always stayed within walking distance of the village. However, when I booked this condo, there was little left to choose from (only 4 days before Canadian Thanksgiving) so we gave it a shot. The property is located on top of a mountain and has views over looking Tremblant village, and surrounding areas, and lakes. With the leaves changing colours, it was a gorgeous site! The one bedroom condo was very cozy, and had everything we needed. The view- WOW. Even though the weather was very cold, the out door hot tub and pool was heated and enjoyed by the guests. I would definitely book again, due to the low rates, great views, and lovely hot tub-pool area. Mont- Tremblant is always a favorite destination of mine.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 October 2009

Stayed here 2 nights September 2009 whilst touring eastern Canada. Expected a hotel room and got a 1 bedroom condo. Great facilities, wonderful view. Could have stayed here the rest of the trip. A bit of a drive to the main building and restaurant (advised not to walk at night - bears!). Tremblant area very scenic.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2009

Just to add to the previous reviews, this hotel provides no service and certainly does not deserve four stars. On our way to the hotel, we called to get directions (not obvious to find the place) and waited 8 minutes on the line before someone answered and the directions provided were erroneous. Then, we tried to call the desk twice because the batteries of the remote control were dead and again, they never answered. We had to walk to the reception to talk to someone.

Otherwise, the location is nice with a nice view on the Tremblant mountain and lake, the pools are OK but there is no restaurant, no shops, no activity at walking distance from the hotel. It is located at approximately 10 minutes from the Tremblant Resort. I will not go back to this hotel. We have been to Trembant at several occasions, in the summer and winter, and I would recommend to rent condos from Sunstar, which are located in the Tremblant village and offer excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Poirp2
WCTGM, GM at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2009

We wish thank this customer for the review and apologize for the problems that occurred reaching the Reception desk by cell phone. The employee on duty was brand new to the region and unfamiliar with driving directions to the hotel. In order to minimize this type of communication problem, we ensure that our web sites contain up to date information including the three items mentioned in the review, namely driving directions, the on-site restaurant and activities center.

Reviewed 29 July 2009

We recently stayed at Wyndham Cap for a week in a 5-bd condo. There were 6 kids and 4 adults and we specifically reserved a condo with bunk beds because of the kids. When we arrived, no bunk beds can be found in the unit and we subsequently were moved three times, only to other condos also without bunk beds - imagine the disappointment of young children at the beginning of vacation.
We tried to pre-arrange housekeeping (at additional cost) with the staff. One staff member agreed to provide the housekeeping on a certain date, but when we phoned back the front desk to confirm, another staff member rudely told me that she has never heard of such a thing and they do not provide housekeeping until guests leave. I had to call three other times and subsequently spoke with the house keeping manager only to arrange this service for $100!
We arrived at the restaurant for breakfast and two days in a row we were told that they were "out of eggs"! These absolutely rediculous stories just kept going on and on.
It seems like the staff was under-trained and disorganized. They were not knowledgeable even about their own property and they can all benefit from a customer service training.
It was overall an incredibly frustrating experience all around at this hotel. Probably one of the worst hotel experience (and I am a frequent business traveler) I've had in recent years, especially considering the price tag!

Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank GotLobster
WCTGM, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2009

Thank you GotLobster for your review and here are the results of my investigation concerning your experiences.
Our hotel is operating at near capacity and reservations are occasionally juggled in order to accommodate all guests. Your request for bunk beds was difficult to accommodate, in spite of our inventory of 15, five bedroom units of which 10 have bunk beds in the 4th & 5th bedrooms.
The housekeeping staff are all operating at full capacity and there are days when daily service is very difficult to schedule. We appologize for this inability to provide the extra cleaning service on a daily basis and I am researching the possiblity to out-service the daily cleaning requests to an outside provider who would establish the daily rates and provide the service when our hotel is operating at near capacity.
Concerning the out of eggs situation at the restaurant, upon my arrival at the hotel on Monday morning, I learned about the dilemma where our delivery van of supplies had not shown up for the past 2 days. Therefore, I immediately purchased eggs for the restaurant and interrogated the supplier to learn that a new driver had been unable to locate the hotel. Our supply of eggs arrived within the hour and the delivery service has not been compromised since. Please accept my appologies. I understand your frustration and all of the staff are being assisted to better perform their duties during this peak period.
Again, thank you for writing and thank you TripAdvisor for providing this unique window into unusual circumstances.

Reviewed 27 July 2009

I have rarely seen such rude and poor service.

I had to call repeatedly to reserve and was told that I had to call back later to make a reservation or was transferred to a voice-mail or no one answered the reservations number. A hotel without reservations 24/7??? Once I mistakenly called the real estate number instead of reservations and the girl practically hung up on me. The staff certainly don't give off a welcoming vibe.

The staff acts annoyed to be helping guests and were loudly complaining about a difficult guest while I waited in line to be served. We waited in line forever at the reception desk while staff chatted amonst each other. We also received conflicting info from staff on breakfast arrangments and other items. Service in the restaurant was also very poor despite it being practically empty.

Friends of mine purchased gift certificates for the hotel and they have made it very, very difficult to use them by imposing all sorts of post purchase restrictions which were not indicated at the time of purchase.

Although the location is fantastic and the rooms are good, the service has been such a total turnoff, I would never spend another cent at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank AnnieBannanie

I wish to thank AnnieBannanie for her review and appologize for the difficulties she encountered when making reservations. This summer, 90% of all reservations are being made at the last minute. Therefore, we have installed an on-line reservations system on all of our www.captremblant.com etc. websites to take care of this concentrated reservations activity. Still, this summer's last minute booking pattern is a major challenge for the resort hotel industry.
There can be no excuse for poor customer service at the Front Desk and this letter will be read and learned by everyone concerned.
The restaurant's breakfast service is currently under review and we thank you for your observation.
Gift certificate's contain clear indications concerning their usage and I shall ensure the staff is aware of how to determine eligibility.
I am pleased that you enjoyed the accommodations and fantastic location and again, I sincerely thank you for writing.

Reviewed 19 July 2009

We've been coming to Wyndham Cap tremblant for the last three summers. The first summer was great. Last summer the service was getting lousy, we phoned the front desk daily to get garbage bags and towels (i think we had like 1 bag and 3 towels for the entire condo) We had to phone 3 days before they finally came. They also no longer cleaned the room like a regular hotel. We were there for a week and the last couple of days they put a group of 8 20 year old guys directly above us, suffice to say we didn't get much sleep. No one would answer the phone at the front desk.

We were still willing to give this place one more chance this year. Let's just say the first night isn't going so good. When I opened the hide-a-bed it was full of hair, I figured I'd let it go since my youngest was sleeping on top of it anyways with her blanky but when my wife went to lie down, the bed had actually been thrown up in and remade as is!! I've never seen something like this before, simply sickening...

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank Cam599
WCTGM, General Manager at Cap Tremblant Mountain Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2009

We would like to thank Cam599 for her comments and since she is still in house with us until July 26, 2009, we hope she and her family is enjoying the free upgrade to the beautiful 5-bedroom condo with a free 7th night. We wish to ensure her and all of our guests that it is extremely unlikely any guest checking into our hotel would have to deal with a mess similar to the one that was described. As a matter of interest, the mattress in the 2 bedroom condo was unaffected by the apparently fresh vomit. However, it has been cleaned along with the soiled linen. Again, we thank Cam599 for writing and we sincerely hope her young children are feeling better.