“We will definitely return”

Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant
Ranked #5 of 30 Hotels in Mont Tremblant
Montreal
“We will definitely return”
Reviewed 2 August 2009

What I could say about this hotel has probably been said in so many reviews. We just returned today so the experience is fresh in my mind. We had a wonderful time - we live in Montreal, and because our son was having a sleepover, we decided to take a quick romantic getaway. Boy, was it worth it.

How we found it: we found it on Trip Advisor and followed the positive reviews.

Reception: There is a drive-up to off-load the luggage; a bellman was waiting to help with luggage, and allowed us to put our bikes to one side in a safe place while we checked in. The check-in was swift, and the bellman was charming and helpful.

Room: We were surprised to see that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite for the same price as a one bedroom. We had two bathrooms, both connected to either bedroom. One had a bath, the other had a two person shower - which came in handy...

There were three tvs in the suite, one for each bedroom, and one above the gas burning fireplace (which really heats up the place). Among the features of the room: A fully stocked kitchenette complete with stove, fridge, and dishwasher, plus a large dining table; a large closet that held its own hot water heater for the suite, ironing board, iron, and room safe; a CD player (a limited selection of CDs are available at the front desk); a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the swimming pool area; hair dryer, toiletries and lots of towels in the bathrooms.
Other highlights of the hotel: the outdoor swimming area is beautiful, with a waterfall area on the pool, and a jacuzzi area. One can walk down to the private lake and admire the view. There is a mini-putt near the pool area. I believe you can dine and drink near the pool area. There is an indoor pool which we also used (once it started to rain) - a full bathroom with shower was convenient. There is a fitness room next to the pool. The only thing that would have made it too perfect was a sauna or steam room, but I was spoiled enough, I guess. There is a large common area with free internet access on a computer, games, books, tv.

Eat/drink/be merry: The bar tending in the tiny bar lacked professionalism that evening - it was inattentive and slow. However, the service we experienced everywhere else made us think that it was an anomaly. I will check off 'incredible staff' below, but the bartending will not be included in that. Elsewhere, whereever you went you were being greeted with a smile and a 'hello/bonjour'. We had dinner reservations for 9:00pm. We had purchased the table d'hote when we made our reservations and got 15% off our meal. That does not cover wine. The meal was lovely, we had a wonderful corner table with a lovely moon shining through the window, and the service was impeccable. A wondeful romantic setting.

When I made our reservation, I was asked if I had CAA, which we do, and they gave us a free American hot breakfast. It was terrific - that breakfast buffett was one of the best I have had. Perhaps because we were up early and it was fresh, but it was very good.

What there is to do in the area: Our main goal was to ride the Petit Train du Nord bike path. We reached the area where we hooked up with it, and rode it for a while - it was great. To unwind after the bike ride, we went to the Spa Scandinave down the road from the hotel, which was heaven. It is basically the concept of hot and cold - go in a steam room, or sauna, or jacuzzi, then get into a colder body of water, then relax. It was fantastic, and a beautiful setting. Afterwards we both had a massage. I cannot say enough about this place, I want to go back now!

Back at the hotel, we noticed that the parking lot seemed to be very full, but we did not see that many people around. It is not a hotel that gives you a sense of being crowded. It was very relaxing. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Korean first
New York
Reviewed 25 July 2009

Usually I stay at the big chain hotels, but decided to take a chance at Chateau Beauvallon and couldn't have been happier..My wife and I had 5 great days at this hotel..Large 1 bedroom, gas fireplace, fridge , stove and even 2 very clean bathrooms..Outdoor hot tub was great and so was the pool..Only 5 minutes to Mt. Tremblant by car...Restaurant on-site is nothing to brag about and is pricey..We found some restaurants in St. Joviete only 10 minutes away and well worth the drive..Overall don't be afraid to stay here for a romantic getaway or with the kids, you won't be sorry.

Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
ottawa
Reviewed 19 July 2009

We just came back from a weekend at Chateau Beauvallon (July 17-19, 2009).
We have been coming back to this hotel for the past 5 summers in a row.
The rooms are just beautiful and spacious (1 bedroom suite has 2 complete bathrooms, granite countertops in the kitchen, fridge, 2 burner stove, dishwasher, dishes, cutlery, pots, casseroles, gaz fireplace, balcony, 2 televisions, couch, leather chair, coffeetable).
They now have a hot breakfast in the morning: eggs, bacon, ham, crêpes, beans, variety of cereal, fruit, cheese, variety of juices, breads and croissants.
The setting inside and outside are breathtaking.
They offer free shuttle service to the base of the mountain (5 minute drive).
New casino at the mountain (opened 2009).
A very romantic getaway.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jojuly09
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 July 2009

We checked into this hotel after being disappointed with one we had picked in the village. The staff were so welcoming, they got us a room ready quickly and provided towels so our two young children could swim while they accomodated us WELL before regular check in time. The room was wonderful - a one bedroom suite with 2 TVs and 2 bathrooms a great kitchenette where we could do lots of our own cooking. It was a cut above the hotel suite in the village that we were paying more for. The outside pool is lovely with a little rock waterfall. Someone else below calls the indoor pool a joke. I have to admit when I first saw it I laughed as it is so small but that pool turned out to be fantastic as it is only 1.1 metre deep and our children could swim in it safely while we read poolside. Also we had 2 rainy days and to be able to have a little indoor pool was great. The staff were friendly and helpful, we had a broken remote which was replaced in a jiffy and they greeted us with friendly "Hello!/Bonjour"s and always asked the kids what they had been doing that day and took time to chat with them. How someone could say the staff was rude because they couldn't speak French I don't know as we don't speak much French and they were lovely to us.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
Pasadena, Ca
Reviewed 1 July 2009

This was our families first trip to Quebec, we went to visit my Mother-in-laws home country. She visits Quebec often but had only been to Mont Tremblant once before in the winter. The hotel she stayed at previously seemed a little tired so I took a chance and booked Chateau Beauvallon. It was the best decision I made! We loved it! My mother in law thanked me for choosing this location and hotel. It was a completely different experience in the summer. The hotel was great, clean, new, beautiful pool (in-door and outside). The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Jean Sebastion and Guillene are a few we remember by name but they were all very friendly and hard working.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Montreal, Qc
Reviewed 30 June 2009

Located 5 min away from the village. The service was excellent and friendly. We loved both pools and the hot tub. We could have used more lighting in the room and maybe a nightable to put a glass of water. Everything was fresh and clean which is VERY important to us. It was as if we were the first one's to stay in that room. The room was spacious and very quiet. We will definitely be back...hopefully in August! We would highly recommend this getaway to families with young kids and early teens.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
Ottawa
Reviewed 28 June 2009

I can't complain about the room. We rented a suite that had a great kitchenette and it really is nicely decorated with dark wood and a cozy layout but that's where niceties end.

The front desk staff was rude right away. I have the feeling that anyone that doesn't speak French would experience the same attitude. I am bilingual myself so I notice the difference when speaking French or English.

The restaurant had a disappointing menu that seemed very chi-chi frou-frou. I wouldn't mind that under normal circumstances but the times you can eat are in blocks and you are honestly at their mercy. The biggest disappointment came with the complimentary continental breakfast. When a restaurant serves duck foie gras, a selection of dishes involving rabbit and the usual red meats you would think that breakfast would involve something more than cereal, toast/english muffins, cold hard-boiled eggs, "fresh" fruit and only 2 juices. I expected scrambled eggs, bacon, some ham (which they had none left) , potatoes, something that isn't cheap or easy to throw out.

They had 2 TVs in the room and neither of the remotes worked. The first wouldn't turn on the TV in the bedroom and the volume button didn't work on the one in the living room.

Also, the location could have been better but I will say that it does make sense when you compare the rates to those in the Village itself. I would honestly recommend the Village options because you can really enjoy the views.

My recommendation is to skip and pick something else. If you're not in to golf there really is no point.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple