What I could say about this hotel has probably been said in so many reviews. We just returned today so the experience is fresh in my mind. We had a wonderful time - we live in Montreal, and because our son was having a sleepover, we decided to take a quick romantic getaway. Boy, was it worth it.
How we found it: we found it on Trip Advisor and followed the positive reviews.
Reception: There is a drive-up to off-load the luggage; a bellman was waiting to help with luggage, and allowed us to put our bikes to one side in a safe place while we checked in. The check-in was swift, and the bellman was charming and helpful.
Room: We were surprised to see that we had been upgraded to a two bedroom suite for the same price as a one bedroom. We had two bathrooms, both connected to either bedroom. One had a bath, the other had a two person shower - which came in handy...
There were three tvs in the suite, one for each bedroom, and one above the gas burning fireplace (which really heats up the place). Among the features of the room: A fully stocked kitchenette complete with stove, fridge, and dishwasher, plus a large dining table; a large closet that held its own hot water heater for the suite, ironing board, iron, and room safe; a CD player (a limited selection of CDs are available at the front desk); a balcony with table and chairs overlooking the swimming pool area; hair dryer, toiletries and lots of towels in the bathrooms.
Other highlights of the hotel: the outdoor swimming area is beautiful, with a waterfall area on the pool, and a jacuzzi area. One can walk down to the private lake and admire the view. There is a mini-putt near the pool area. I believe you can dine and drink near the pool area. There is an indoor pool which we also used (once it started to rain) - a full bathroom with shower was convenient. There is a fitness room next to the pool. The only thing that would have made it too perfect was a sauna or steam room, but I was spoiled enough, I guess. There is a large common area with free internet access on a computer, games, books, tv.
Eat/drink/be merry: The bar tending in the tiny bar lacked professionalism that evening - it was inattentive and slow. However, the service we experienced everywhere else made us think that it was an anomaly. I will check off 'incredible staff' below, but the bartending will not be included in that. Elsewhere, whereever you went you were being greeted with a smile and a 'hello/bonjour'. We had dinner reservations for 9:00pm. We had purchased the table d'hote when we made our reservations and got 15% off our meal. That does not cover wine. The meal was lovely, we had a wonderful corner table with a lovely moon shining through the window, and the service was impeccable. A wondeful romantic setting.
When I made our reservation, I was asked if I had CAA, which we do, and they gave us a free American hot breakfast. It was terrific - that breakfast buffett was one of the best I have had. Perhaps because we were up early and it was fresh, but it was very good.
What there is to do in the area: Our main goal was to ride the Petit Train du Nord bike path. We reached the area where we hooked up with it, and rode it for a while - it was great. To unwind after the bike ride, we went to the Spa Scandinave down the road from the hotel, which was heaven. It is basically the concept of hot and cold - go in a steam room, or sauna, or jacuzzi, then get into a colder body of water, then relax. It was fantastic, and a beautiful setting. Afterwards we both had a massage. I cannot say enough about this place, I want to go back now!
Back at the hotel, we noticed that the parking lot seemed to be very full, but we did not see that many people around. It is not a hotel that gives you a sense of being crowded. It was very relaxing. We will definitely be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just five minutes -3km (2mi.) from the Tremblant ski resort, on a vast, private, lakeside property where guests can relax and enjoy indoor, outdoor pool & hot tub, cross country skiing & snow showing right from our door step. Whether a romantic retreat, ladies-only getaway or enjoyable family vacations, we take care of every little detail. We have a charming restaurant & bar with a menu of epicurean delights. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beauvallon Mont Tremblant Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Chateau Beauvallon Hotel Mont Tremblant
- Mont Tremblant Chateau Beauvallon