“Une expérience a revivre!”

Gite l'Escale du Nord
Ranked #2 of 21 Mont Tremblant B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“Une expérience a revivre!”
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Beaitiful and well organised host.
This ultimate real wood cachet makes it a real rustic escapade!
Drive safe! Bambi is everywhere!'
The food is exquisite.
I recommend it high five!
Mt tremblant is like 7 min drive.
Thank you Denis and Veronique.

• Stayed March 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bedminster, New Jersey
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I recently spent a few days skiing at Mont Tremblant and stayed at Escale du Nord. This B&B is about 7 miles from the ski area and maybe 2 miles from town - very convenient location.

Denis and his wife Veronique are very gracious hosts. The B&B is very homey while modern - some B&Bs can be a little too "country" in terms of decor and amenities but not here. Each room references a city or region in France - I stayed in the Lille room. Denis and Veronique are from France and brought a little slice of it to their B&B.

Breakfasts were all really delicious, with fresh fruit every day, the main course, and then a little dessert/muffin to end it all. I enjoyed it all! I didn't take advantage of the sauna nor the hot tub but I did book a massage while there. Marjolaine is a local massage therapist who has a room at the B&B so it was very convenient to have her come there. Denis was able to book my appointment with her. She was great.

The pictures of the room on the site do justice to the size of the rooms. Sometimes I have found in the past that the room looks larger online than it is. My room was a nice size with a private bath.

The only minor suggestion I have would be to put a small shower caddy in the shower. It was awkward to keep my shampoo and soap on the floor of the shower.

I have stayed at a lot of B&Bs and definitely rank this one pretty high up on my list. Between gracious, helpful hosts and a convenient location, it's a great choice if you are visiting this area of Quebec.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room where you can see the deer feeding out your window. They come every morni...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 February 2013

The B&B was beautiful, and breakfast was amazing! The rooms were very spacious and clean and the beds were incredibly comfortable.
After a long day of skiing it was great to relax in the hot tub and watch deers to pass around!
We had a wonderful time at this B&B! I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marinayasin
Laval, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2013

When we arrived my boyfriend and I, we met Denis, our host. He is kind, thoughtful and very welcoming! He showed us his wonderful B&B with many accommodations. Our room was perfect and we loved the decoration and the concept of bringing France to Quebec culture. L'Escale du Nord is clean and comfortable and the breakfast is delicious! Thank you for the experience.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
New York, New York, United States
Reviewed 12 January 2013

My companion and I were both somewhat trepidatious when I booked a room that seemed so far removed from skiing we'd be doing at Tremblant. Oh, how wrong we were to be nervous! This place is nearly the Platonic ideal of bed and breakfasts. The solicitous owner, Denis, greeted us at the door and showed us around the place: there is an entertainment center and spa and hot tub downstairs, as well as a games room with a foosball table and and assorted board games (here is where you can store your own food in the mini-fridge). The rooms upstairs are themed along the lines of "Paris" and "La Mer" (I think; my French is nonexistent). Everything, from the bathrooms to the floor of the main living area, were immaculate. Every morning Denis and his lovely wife, Veronique, serve breakfast (samples in the pictures I uploaded), and both the mornings we stayed it was absolutely delicious. Veronique blushed and demurred when I called her "Chef Veronique," but my palate could not tell the difference between her and an accredited master. Sufficiently fueled for long days of skiing, we drove about 20 minutes to the mountain, and after thoroughly exhausting ourselves on the slopes, the hot tub downstairs (Denis provides an array of thong sandals so your feet don't freeze off on the 10m trek to actually get your jacuzzi on) really hit the spot. Afterwards, we drank wine and laughed with some of the other patrons in the cozy living area before retreating upstairs to collapse into our plush, comfortable queen-sized bed, where we slept like stones. As we walked down the stairs for our second morning's breakfast, we were greeted by the sight of deer eating from the food Denis had put out for them (see the pictures).

Honestly, the whole experience was so charming and enchanting it seemed lifted out of a travel brochure promoting bed and breakfasts.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Thompson P
Laval ,Québec
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We spent the past weekend at this B & B that I had found on the internet. Did not really know what to expect but boy were we surprised !! What a great place ! Great location in the woods but close to Mont-Tremblant shopping and outdoor activities.

We were greated by 5 deers crossing the road to the house ! Once at the house, Denis (our host) made us feel welcomed right away. This B & B is full of charm, very spacious and comfy! We spent most of our time in the living room by the fireplace. Did not want to leave !

Breakfast was also very nice, great coffee and desert !

If you stay at this B & B, you will not be dissapointed ! Don't hesitate one minute !

Thank you Denis & Véronique for your hospitality and great house ! So glad you decided to move from France to Québec to open your B & B. Keep it up !

Merci beaucoup !

Martine, Denis, Sonia, Daniel

Room Tip: Room "Paris" overlooked the deers eating in the woods. Great way to wake up !
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Fremont, California
Reviewed 25 September 2012

We went to the Mont-Tremblant area for an outdoor experience. Gite l"Escale du Nord did not disappoint.The house was filled with amenities, the room was large, clean and comfortable and the breakfasts were yummy. Denis was a great host and helped use maximize our time in the area. Stay here...you'll be glad you made this choice.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple