JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa
US$232
US$197
  • Pool
Sherwood Inn(Port Carling)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$157
Windermere House Resort & Hotel(Windermere)(Great Value!)
US$223
US$217
Rocky Crest Golf Resort(Muskoka District)
US$214
US$164
Groupon.com
Grand Tappattoo Resort(Parry Sound)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$105
Bracebridge Inn(Bracebridge)
US$60
1,303 results
All reviewsthe indoor outdoor poolitalian restauranthot tubmarch breakpaignton housedog sleddingone bedroom suitethe cottagesjw marriott the rosseauseparate showerlobby barfull kitchenbeautiful propertysofa bedsteam roomgas fireplaceoff season
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at the resort this past weekend to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life in the city. Our stay here exceeded all expectations in terms of comfort, relaxation and service-- especially considering we used a Groupon to book our stay!

The staff at our late check-in were extremely polite and courteous and answered my multiple questions without any hesitation or attitude. This is a truly rare thing to come by at most hotels and was very much welcomed after our long drive! The staff at the check-in table were just as kind, polite and courteous throughout our stay and at check-out.

We received a complimentary upgrade because we were celebrating our anniversary which came as a pleasant surprise. Our room, 1302, could not have been more perfect. Discovering our luxurious and beautiful room on arrival made for an exciting start to our stay. The marble (I think) that runs through the kitchen and bathroom is stunning and beautiful. The layout of the room was very open and really we felt like we were staying in a luxury cottage due to the great decor choices. The fireplace was a wonderful touch and kept us warm whenever we sat in the living room. Additionally, the kitchen was extremely convenient and I was glad I had read up ahead and brought along our cereal and mac and cheese for lunch as it allowed us to use our resort credit towards dinner, snacks and beverages throughout our stay. I highly recommend everyone try to take advantage of the kitchen during their stay here. It is fully equipped, pots pans, a microwave, kettle, and stove-top as well as a dishwasher and fridge.

The chocolate-covered strawberries and champagne were a sweet touch as well and we really appreciated the switch of champagne to something else since we don't drink! A very classy and hospitable touch from the resort that meant a lot to us!

We took the guided snowshoe tour our first day at the resort. The walk around the resort grounds was well-paced (depends on your group I suppose) and thankfully, the weather was perfect. Had we stayed longer we would have definitely taken the snowshoes and gone exploring again ourselves. There is plenty of time for photos and beautiful scenery to take in while you snowshoe. It doesn't take much time to do and the guided tour gives three opportunities to head back in in case you get tired.

Dogsledding and snowmobiling are also two activities I would recommend taking advantage of during your stay here, although we didn't do them ourselves.

Night entertainment consisted of talented musicians/singers in the large, cozy and comfortable lounge/lobby area. There are many seating spaces to sit down and listen to the great talents the resort brings in as well as chess boards and tables where you can play your own board games or cards etc. -- I also highly recommend taking advantage of this space! Outdoors, there is a small bonfire constantly burning which is great to sit around and observe the stars from.

Our dinner at Cottages was much better than I had hoped since the buffet option was available. Initially, I had a hard time choosing whether to make a reservation at Teca or Cottages because the menus seemed a bit sparse. However, the buffet eliminated that problem all-together and we couldn't have been happier with our dinner! I am not sure how often this option is available though.

The only reason I held back from a five star rating was sleep quality for myself. While my husband can sleep through anything if tired enough, I simply could not ignore how thin the floors must've been between us and our neighbours above us. At times it sounded as though a herd of elephants were roaming above our heads into the late hours of the night and again during the day. This is no exaggeration! The curtain tracks shook and the ceiling creaked and it was truly disruptive. I don't know if they were particularly noisy people or if the floors were just poorly designed for noise control. I live in a condo and definitely do not hear every step my neighbours take as I did here.

In addition, be aware and factor in the resort fee and taxes which will appear on your bill at check-out. While we didn't mind too much since I had received prior warning over the phone, we had only been told of an approx. $59 fee whereas it added up to about $150. I can imagine this surprise expense will leave a bad impression on many guests as they check out and should be mentioned at check-in at least. Something worth changing.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at JW Marriott Rosseau and have already recommended it to family and friends. We may keep it in mind for future summer getaways to experience what the resort has to offer in the summer.

Room Tip: Corner suite means you won't have to hear each guest pass your room during your stay.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marwa K
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We stayed at the JW during March so everything was frozen. It is located right on Lake Rosseau. We tried snow shoeing tour but it just went around the perimeter of the hotel. I wish we went more into the woods. We did the dog sledding which was a short 20-25 min ride. It was fun driving the sled. We also walked onto the frozen lake to the ice fishing hut.
The staff is fantastic and very friendly. We had great service at restaurant, lobby, activites and the service personnel. This is really world class service. For example my wife dropped a muffin that she bought and the shop sent a replacement one up to our room! I also loved the food at Teca restaurant. Its more expensive but worth it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank gzau
Kati S, Manager at JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2014

Thank you for your review. We’re delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. The winter offers so many activities, and it sounds like you were able to take advantage of many of them! Your comments and praise will be shared with our team. We look forward to welcoming you back to JW Marriott The Rosseau Muskoka.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

I'll start by saying this resort has great potential ! The staff is friendly and everyone we passed greeted us warmly.
We had a few issues at check in
where we were told our room was not ready we arrived at the appropriate check in time - no big deal they had another room available I didn't think to ask if it was comparable and they didn't offer the info we got to our room and unpacked - as I took a good look around we realized it was a smaller room than we had booked. I went to the front desk to inquire and they agreed that it indeed was but they did not advise or lower the rate to accommodate the smaller room provided (we opted not move at this point as we had already unpacked and I requested the lower rate) when I went back to our room we noticed the safe did not work and called for service they came a few hours later but indicated some safes will not work so we may have to store valuables at the front desk in a safety deposit box. (What a pain). I also noticed our door safety lock did not work - we were told for both safe and door to keep the don't make up the room sign and we should be fine.( a bit disturbing!) I also checked my visa the following morning and realized I was charged over $150 dollars for incidentals that I had not used. I asked to speak to the manager who advised this was standard practice at all hotels - I travel extensively for work to a variety of hotels in Canada and USA (including some Marriott's) and have never been charged this fee. In the end I was offered a room rate reduction - I would have preferred a better experience all around and paid the price I had anticipated. !!

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank lesliesteve

We sincerely appreciate your comments, and thank you for taking the time to post a thorough review of your stay with us. Please know that your comments regarding your experience with both your room lock and the safe have been shared with our Protective Services team for their review and learning. It is an important element to our continued pursuit of service excellence that we are made aware of critique so that we are able to assess and learn. Again, thank you for review, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

This is a great hotel, from the moment you enter the lobby you know you are going to love your stay here.
The lobby is large and cosy with a convenient bar for drinks and snacks. We visited just after New Year, so the canadian winter was set, the lake frozen and the fires much needed.

When we entered our room we were very pleased, with the view, the accomodation and the fireplace in our room. At the flick of a switch we had a roaring log fire.
Service across the hotel was fantastic.
The pool is both in and outdoors, which was something else when the outside air temp was -30c! so into the hot tub nearby to defrost our hair!
We dined in the restaurant on the evening and the food and service was great. We will certainly return to the hotel and the wonderful location it's in.

Room Tip: Lakeview rooms are great, if you can get one.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RYCP71
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Location: signs along the route from hwy400. At bank of lake Rousseau beautiful setting.

Rooms: I have stayed in both studio and 1-bed suite. Suite is very spacious. Both are beautiful, nicely decorated, amazing bathrooms, and clean
Kitchenettes make it easy to make own meals - 2 burner stove, half size fridge, microwave, cutlery, grater, blender, glasses, cookware

Resort: lobby is nice. Fireplaces. Library area has chessboards on tables. Can rent out board games, DVD and player, in winter - snowshoeing , skating. For $ can do dog sledding, snow mobiles. Fun activities for families n kids like maple syrup demos, painting etc

• Stayed: March 2014