“Total Indulgence” 5 of 5 bubbles

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 94 helpful votes
“Total Indulgence”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2013

My stepmother and I shared a "couples massage" at Spa Rosseau with Holly and Emily as our therapists. Of the hundreds of massages I have enjoyed over the years, this was definitely the BEST -- our therapists were knowledgeable and highly qualified. They made us feel as though we were the only people they were taking care of for the day. The spa is a large area, and from the indoor whirlpool and outdoor hot tub, one looks out over the lake in a peaceful, idyllic scene. One of the best features was that we could enjoy the private swimming pool all day on the day of our treatment. Fruited water was plentiful, as were healthy snacks. The spa was kept in spotless condition and all used towels were cleaned up quickly and effortlessly. We came away feeling absolutely indulged and spoiled. A wonderful experience!

Visited August 2013

Richmond Hill, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Lovely”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2013

The spa at this resort was wonderful. It was much larger than I had expected and nicely laid out. All areas were spotless an the views from the hot tub were beautiful. The hot tub in the women's area was had windows surrounding it so sitting inside and watching the snow fall was dreamy. The staff were friendly and attentive. I had the Signature massage which included a massage as well as a foot treatment/massage. it was great. The masseuse was friendly and thorough. The only thing that was bothersome was the fact there were people in the relaxation rooms that clearly had no idea how to relax nor were they at all conscientious of other guests. I believe that people go to a spa for a reason - to relax and unwind - not to hear people on their cell phones, or clicking away at the computer or bickering! Keep it home people! My only suggestion for the spa is that they have some sort of indication/sign that this is a place to relax - no phones, no computers, etc. I will return but will make a comment next time should there be someone present that is robbing others of their relaxation time.

Visited February 2013
Aurora, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“what is it with people these days...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2013

click, click, click - somehow not the sounds you want to hear at a relaxing day at the spa.

After bucking up $200 for a massage and a foot wash you can be forgiven for having some lofty expectations about the serence and calming experience outside of the treatment room.

These were partially delivered - the spa is well appointed and luxurious - and the surroundings are very tranquil.

However the OCD lady in the "relaxation" room furiously typing away on her laptop (I am not making this up) was a definite mood-killer. Seriously - who brings their laptop to a relaxation room?? Have people become so "entitled" that really don't understand why this might be an issue?

For relief I retreated to the mens-only relaxation room - where i was greated by some DB blip-blip'ing away on his iPhone .... argh!!

Now I understand why people go ice-fishing....

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Scooter M
Toronto, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

Terrible service but also terrible results. They don't seem to have very skilled / professional staff and unless they do some rehiring, I don't recommend having anything done here. I gave it multiple chances and have friends who experienced the same. The hair salon is not professional in the least...their 'senior' stylists we experienced really don't seem to know what they're doing. If you question the service, prepare to be met with condescending attitudes from the spa management. They really don't fit in with the rest of this resort...the rest of the staff are WONDERFUL but the spa left a very bad taste in our mouth.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Jessica F
Toronto
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Wonderful, if price, day spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

My husband and I have visited the J.W. Marriott, The Rosseau for two short stays so far this year. It's now our favourite getaway destination near our home in Toronto. On our first visit, I treated myself to an excellent pedicure. It was an efficient, professional treatment and the esthetician, a young woman from England, was interesting and most courteous to talk to, although I'm sure she gets the same questions over and over from customers like me. On our second visit, I started our stay off right with a heavenly shoulder, neck and back massage. The masseur couldn't have been more respectful and more effective. He'd worked on a cruise ship for 12 years and really knew his stuff. The massage set me up for the rest of our super relaxing stay! I hope to go back to Spa Rosseau when we next visit this summer and try their steam room, jacuzzi and private outdoor pool for spa guests only, which disappointingly wasn't open for our last two visits. However, I was able to rest after both treatments with herbal tea and spa snacks in the lounge with a view over stunning Lake Rosseau. Sublime!

Visited May 2012