“Good Value for a Pleasant Stay”

Econo Lodge Maple Ridge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Maple Ridge
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We were in Pitt Meadows for a family reunion so wanted to stay nearby. I had researched hotels in the area and this one consistently was rated above the others. As my extended family had made reservations here based on my choice, I was really hoping it would be a good option.

Happily, the hotel met my expectations. It is a motor hotel so certainly not fancy but the rooms were spacious and clean, staff were friendly, and the continental breakfast offered a reasonable choice of bagels/ muffins, cereals, and a fruit basket. The breakfast room was small for the number of guests; however, we were able to get a table and trays were available if you decided to take breakfast back to your room.

We booked a room with a kitchenette which offered a microwave, large sink, and small fridge. Coffee makers are standard in all rooms. We did request a room at the back of the hotel, which they accommodated and we did not have any noise from the highway. There is an excellent sushi restaurant across the street (the teriyaki salmon and tempura yams were amazing!), a Home Restaurant next door, a Pantry attached to the hotel (although we didn't eat here), and a beer/ wine store about 10 steps away. The amenities and location of the hotel are very convenient. I would certainly stay here again when in the area.

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank sfw67

Reviewed 25 June 2012

Like some others I was pleasantly surprised when we checked in. Unfortunately when we returned to the room about 11 pm after a tiring 18 hr day with nothing but sleep on our mind, we were met with loud pounding music that made reading or watching TV unpleasant and sleep impossible.To my surprise this was not due to some unruly guest, but rather due to what I was told was a regularly scheduled gathering and that it would go on until at least midnight. After expressing my displeasure we were moved to another room (albeit inferior) which did allow us to eventually get to sleep, but who wants this sort of hassle after a long day.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank WGD808
Reviewed 29 April 2012

We stayed at this motel for 2 nights in April, 2012. The room was clean and comfortable and good value for the rate. The only drawback is that I would question why after preauthorizing my credit card, they took an imprint and then refused to shred it when I checked out.

Room Tip: Request a room at the back as it is quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Caroline090
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Spent April 11 &12, 2012 at this hotel. Had room 117, which has a separate bedroom and a sitting area. Had one of the best sleeps of my life. Had to call to make the booking As the website wouldn't allow me to book 3 people into the suite but got an much much cheaper rate than was on any website. Check in, check out was fast.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: 117 is on the ground floor, east end and has a sitting area with separate bedroom!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Yukonifm
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I stayed here for business in the Maple Ridge Area.

Pros:

Staff were very friendly and helpful
Rooms are clean and the bed is quite comfortable
ABC restaurant is attached and has a great breakfast
Location: Right on the Lougheed Highway with easy access to everywhere in Maple Ridge

Cons:
Lougheed Highway tends to be a little loud. But if you want, request a room around the backside of the motel.
Gap under the door
Locks aren't the greatest on the doors.

For the price, this place is great!

It is nice to not have to pay tolls on the Golden Ears Bridge, as all other hotels are on the other side.

Room Tip: For a less noisy sleep, get a room around the back of the motel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank EKTraveler12
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I didn't expect much because of the price and location, and when I arrived the lack of curb appeal convinced me I had made a big mistake. I was too exhausted to look for something else. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful, which helped take the sting out of registering. I went to my hotel room preparing for the worst but was absolutely stunned to find a modern, spotlessly clean, well appointed and very spacious room. The bed was extremely comfortable and the linens were fresh, crisp and clean. The bathroom was also spacious and very clean, with plenty of fluffy towels. In the morning, the clerk on the desk was also very friendly. I stay several nights a month in hotels and this was a great stay. I will come back here again without hesitation when in the area. It is on an extremely busy road so the rooms fronting it might be noisy. I'd ask for a room on the back if you are noise-sensitive. It was no big deal but there was no fridge or microwave. The addition of these two appliances would make a great stay even more comfortable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back if you need quiet. No fridge or microwave so do not bring perishables or...
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Cathy P
Becky W, Guest Relations Manager at Econo Lodge Maple Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and for the wonderful feedback during your recent stay with us. We are very proud of our hotel and are happy that you enjoyed our renovated guest rooms. We’d be delighted to have you back and would like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to a room with a kitchenette. Guest rooms with microwaves and small refrigerators are also available upon request.

I am at your service for any future need you may have, so please feel free to contact me at any time at 604-463-5111.

Regards,
Becky Wheating
Guest Services

Reviewed 6 November 2010

After a nightmare with the Travel Lodge across the street, I was grateful to find this hotel. I gave up my room at the Travel Lodge after paying for it. I would have had to sleep standing up at the Travel Lodge because I would have been afraid to touch anything.
This hotel however, was spotless....wonderful staff....nice decor. Would stay here again anytime. Great rates and no charge for 1 guest staying over. Stay here....don't stay at the Travel Lodge!

• Stayed: November 2010
7 mi away
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam

Been to Econo Lodge Maple Ridge? Share your experiences!