“best western maple ridge”

Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maple Ridge
Reviewed 9 August 2013

i have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 5 weeks, it is clean and the staff are friendly. My kids love the pool and hot tub! the continental breakfast is great (we love the waffles) my only criticisms are that the hallways and lobby are a bit dreary, there is no ice machine on the second floor, and there are no balconies

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Thank you for your recent comments on our property. We are pleased that your family did enjoy themselves and we welcome you back in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Only reason we stayed here was the close proximity to my wife's grandma. For the price I found the value wasn't there. Of the 3 nights we stayed, the continental breakfast was slim pickings at best (one morning there wasn't even enough plates or utensils for some guests).
The pool/hot tub was nice for kids. The double room was good for our situation as our children are 1 & 3 and required early bedtime, so we could stay up and watch TV without disrupting them.
Best thing about this old hotel was the nice shower head and very HOT WATER for my morning wake up.
For the extra $20/night you would be better to stay in a newer hotel in Pitt Meadows or Port Coquitlam I think though.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TKD76
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 604 467-1511.

Lina Hao

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was very clean. There was no noise. Which is the only reason it gets a 3. However, I booked a king bed room at this hotel 1 month ago just for one night while we attended a wedding. When we showed up after the wedding (only 9:30pm) to check in, front desk says they gave away our room due to an emergency. An emergency??? But they still had a room for us, just a two queen room. Could this room not have been given to the 'emergency'? I found this ridiculous. We are Platinum Rewards members and this is the service we get??? We took the room, we spent the night, we left. Not much point in arguing is there?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Mrs. Richardson
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Richardson,

Thank you for completing the survey through tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your last stay with us. The reason that we had to change your room type is that a guest who was already in house ( in king bed room) had to extend their stay for family reasons. After struggled with some considerations, we had to made this difficult choice.

As an outstanding and loyal member of Best Western Rewards group, your satisfaction is very important to us. We will use your feedback to improve our quality of service in the future. We value your loyalty very much, so please offer us a chance to provide better services by coming back and staying with us again. We will be happy to offer 15% further discount in addition to what offer you may have at the time of booking.

Hope you enjoy rest of summer. Looking forward to seeing you in the near future !

Jaswant Dhadda

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for a week now and will be quite a bit longer. My husband has had surgery here at the Ridge Meadows Hospital and the management has done everything to make our stay excellent. The General Manager here is just AWESOME and everyone at the desk have been excellent too.! Good breakfast room even when you have the same thing everyday. I have no complaints at the hotel at all, I couldn't ask for more. My room is close to the pool so there is a bit of noise however it's just kids having fun. Kids need to have fun! There is no restaurant with the hotel but there are 2 restaurants right across the street.

Room Tip: People who complain about noise should perhaps travel with ear plugs. I learned that years ago when...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Annie & Peter W

Thank you for your recent comments on our property, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back again when travelling to the Maple Ridge area.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

This hotel was VERY NOISY. Two of the three nights "guests" were up drinking in the hallways past 3:30am and we were told by the General Manger the only thing we could do was to move to another hotel at our cost - clearly all he cared about was money. If you want a loud hotel with staff that can't control the guests and a General Manager who doesn't know a thing about customer service this is the hotel for you! In the last 4 months I have stayed at 4 Best Western Hotels in BC and this is the worst for customer service and loud guests.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Scott H
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2013

Thanks for your comments Scott. Your wife has already posted about this situation. Once again I apologize for the noise and as I mentioned to her I have credited your Best Western account with triple points for your stay.

Deejay Dhillon

Reviewed 19 March 2013

The hotel and the rooms were okay. The rooms were clean but the windows were single paned so that was noisy and they run out of hot water in the mornings. However, the customer service we received was completely atrocious. There were other guests in the hotel partying and drinking in the hallway right outside our room and the general manager said there was nothing he could do about it. We phoned multiple times and my husband found himself policing the hallways. When we complained in the morning to the general manager he actually said an option for our family was to leave the hotel at 3 am in the morning. There was no apology or any sort of resolution. We have stayed at many hotels of this ranking for hockey and lacrosse tournaments and have never seen such a disregard for the guests. We will never stay here again! I can not stress enough the complete lack of customer service from the general manager of the hotel - he was absolutely horrible. Bottom line if you stay here hope nothing goes wrong.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs and road
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Krista H
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2013

Hello Krista,

Sorry that you were inconvenienced one night of your three night stay. Noise is a challenge in a hotel environment and my staff member working that night tried her best to ask the guests to quiet down, however I apologize if you felt she could have done more. I have discussed the matter with the staff member as well.

I have credited your Best Western rewards account with triple points for your stay.

Deejay Dhillon

Reviewed 11 December 2012

We spent 2 nights and the room was very good- pillows were awsome and staff was very thought full Thankyou for your kind words- It was not a pleasure trip. So next time we hope to enjoy are stay better

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family

We are pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of our property and service, and welcome you back in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Ridge
#1 of 11 in Langley City
Best Western Plus Langley Inn
Best Western Plus Langley Inn
#2 of 11 in Langley City

Been to Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!