“Maple Ridge”

Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Maple Ridge
Reviewed 27 August 2013

We stayed in a double room and our kids stayed in a king size room very clean very quiet good ac continental was typical with fresh fruits and waffles and cereal. Very good rates close to downtown restaurants and shopping easy to get to

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

We are pleased that you enjoyed every aspect of our property and service, and welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Have stayed in a few hotels in my life but this one was quite a unique experience. I booked the hotel the day of in the morning and was out site seeing. I've never had a hotel asking me "where I was? When will I get there?" Later that evening. I found this bizarre and unprofessional. Once we arrived we presented our CAA card for a discount which the lady stated best western accepted over the phone. The lady who helped us during check in stated they dont accept it on busy weekends?!? is this a beat western policy or hers? I call bull poop on this. She also wouldn't accept cash for the room. We were woken up by another guest who was drunk at 330 am trying to access our room. House cleaning also enjoyed ramming their vacuum into our door at nine am...it was very frustrating. Needless to say I will not be staying at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for your recent comments on our property. I am a believer that these sites offer a communal platform to share experiences on, that enable us check in to a hotel and sleep comfortably, and that can't be a bad thing. We can never please 100% of people 100% of the time, no matter how hard we try, but we never stop trying.
As you can see by our previous reviews we have been fulfilling our guests needs and that is something we are extremely proud of. Please allow us another opportunity to have you as our guests once again if travelling to the Maple Ridge area.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

Tried to book a room 35 days in advance. All they can offer is a room with two double beds if we wish to bring our small dog.Are you kidding me....what kind of hotel offers double beds...and at the same cost as the room with a king bed. Be VERY CAREFUL when booking online at Bestwestern.com.....their website is inconsistent in providing information on pet friendly rooms
(even though they claim otherwise) ...and if you arrive with a pet they will put you in a room with the crummy double beds...even if you paid for a king bed....or they will ask you to find alternate arrangements for your pet. I had to share this so others would know the truth.Not all pet friendly hotels are created equal.

Room Tip: Beware...the .pet friendly hotel rooms have double beds...no other choice.
Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank KarenB_2013

Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Regarding pet friendly rooms we do have allocated rooms for pet owners as many of our guests have allergies and we do our best to accommodate both customer needs. Please understand that all hotels have this policy to ensure the utmost comfort for the guests.

Reviewed 9 August 2013

i have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 5 weeks, it is clean and the staff are friendly. My kids love the pool and hot tub! the continental breakfast is great (we love the waffles) my only criticisms are that the hallways and lobby are a bit dreary, there is no ice machine on the second floor, and there are no balconies

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for your recent comments on our property. We are pleased that your family did enjoy themselves and we welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

Only reason we stayed here was the close proximity to my wife's grandma. For the price I found the value wasn't there. Of the 3 nights we stayed, the continental breakfast was slim pickings at best (one morning there wasn't even enough plates or utensils for some guests).
The pool/hot tub was nice for kids. The double room was good for our situation as our children are 1 & 3 and required early bedtime, so we could stay up and watch TV without disrupting them.
Best thing about this old hotel was the nice shower head and very HOT WATER for my morning wake up.
For the extra $20/night you would be better to stay in a newer hotel in Pitt Meadows or Port Coquitlam I think though.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank TKD76
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 604 467-1511.

Lina Hao

Reviewed 28 July 2013

The hotel was very clean. There was no noise. Which is the only reason it gets a 3. However, I booked a king bed room at this hotel 1 month ago just for one night while we attended a wedding. When we showed up after the wedding (only 9:30pm) to check in, front desk says they gave away our room due to an emergency. An emergency??? But they still had a room for us, just a two queen room. Could this room not have been given to the 'emergency'? I found this ridiculous. We are Platinum Rewards members and this is the service we get??? We took the room, we spent the night, we left. Not much point in arguing is there?

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank Mrs. Richardson
Deejay D, General Manager at Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

Dear Mr. and Mrs. Richardson,

Thank you for completing the survey through tripadvisor.

On behalf of our entire team, we apologize for not exceeding your expectations during your last stay with us. The reason that we had to change your room type is that a guest who was already in house ( in king bed room) had to extend their stay for family reasons. After struggled with some considerations, we had to made this difficult choice.

As an outstanding and loyal member of Best Western Rewards group, your satisfaction is very important to us. We will use your feedback to improve our quality of service in the future. We value your loyalty very much, so please offer us a chance to provide better services by coming back and staying with us again. We will be happy to offer 15% further discount in addition to what offer you may have at the time of booking.

Hope you enjoy rest of summer. Looking forward to seeing you in the near future !

Jaswant Dhadda

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I have been staying in the hotel for a week now and will be quite a bit longer. My husband has had surgery here at the Ridge Meadows Hospital and the management has done everything to make our stay excellent. The General Manager here is just AWESOME and everyone at the desk have been excellent too.! Good breakfast room even when you have the same thing everyday. I have no complaints at the hotel at all, I couldn't ask for more. My room is close to the pool so there is a bit of noise however it's just kids having fun. Kids need to have fun! There is no restaurant with the hotel but there are 2 restaurants right across the street.

Room Tip: People who complain about noise should perhaps travel with ear plugs. I learned that years ago when...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Annie & Peter W

Thank you for your recent comments on our property, and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We welcome you back again when travelling to the Maple Ridge area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maple Ridge
Fleetwood
Comfort Inn & Suites Surrey
Poco Inn & Suites Hotel
#1 of 1 in Port Coquitlam

Been to Best Western Maple Ridge Hotel? Share your experiences!