“The kids would say this was a highlight of the trip”

WildPlay Element Parks Maple Ridge
Book In Advance
More Info
US$16.45*
and up
Maple Ridge Kids Adventure Course
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: WildPlay is an exhilarating outdoor recreation park that’s fun for all ages and experience levels! Whether you’re a first-time thrill seeker or a full-time adrenaline chaser, our tightropes, log bridges, ropes swing, cargo nets, and ziplines will get your heart racing as you climb from six to sixty feet! Elevate the adrenaline rush with our "What's to Fear Jump" and take the plunge from 40ft. WildPlay is perfect for families, friends, groups, or as a teambuilding activity. Book your WildPlay adventure today!
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Every safety precaution is taken. There is a small practice run that kids will do to determine if they want to continue on to the course. The guide goes through the practice run explaining things slowly and clearly, demonstrating all steps to be taken. I think kids go away with the understanding that silliness will not be tolerated. I think the point is driven home maybe even a little too harshly, but then staff must have had past experience with the bold and brazen types who need a firmer hand. Injuries will ruin everyone's day.
I had discount tickets through work and so I felt the cost of getting my two in was good value. The owner of Wild Play isn't going to want to hear that contrary to written policies on dress, my two (who didn't know attire was going to be an issue) did not dress accordingly. My son wore open toed sandals. My daughter had dangly earrings. We weren't turned away (thank you, thank you, thank you!) and there were no mishaps.
My (10 yr old) son freaked out at the zip lining and needed Mom to bark like a drill sergeant to get him across which he did and lived to tell the tale. I will valiantly shoulder the fact he says he hates me as the outcome of getting my son to finally leave his tight little comfort zone. He did the zip lines like a pro the next 5 times. My young daughter had to have a staff person guide her feet down the first zip line but otherwise she had a thrilling time. The gist is: the zip lines are tough but if you can get your kid gently (or not) down it the first time, the rest will be a breeze (hopefully).
Maggie and Danielle were friendly and knowledgeable.
We saw a real life coyote! yayyy : )
This place is a bit of a drive out in the country side, but it is an experience they would not very easily get in our home province where the climate isn't hospitable to it.
Wild Play: an obstacle course in the sky, outdoor in beautiful nature, getting kids off their butts testing their limits. It doesn't get better than this and I'm proud of my kids for doing the course (and wanting to go back a 2nd time)
We went late September, I had purchased tickets in advance but as their open times are during the afternoon, getting a spot was no problem. I think regular price is approx. $25/kid

All reviews
"free parking"
"picnic tables"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I'd make a reservation before arriving at the place as they seem to be fairly busy especially weekends. It wasn't a pleasant experience making that reservation as they "claim" to have called back and left voicemail twice even though my phone never rang or voice mail. The waiver is also a must if you plan on going onto the course. They have it on their site, bring it with you to speed up the process at the guest service

The price for the course was fairly expensive considering you can only go on the adult course once. The course took us about an hour and 40mins to finish with quite a bit of traffic up on the trees. You don't have to finish the whole course if you got tired

Reviewed 17 September 2012

My son was so excited to visit WildPlay, but when we arrived I was shocked at the outlandish waiver that we were required to sign. In a nutshell, the waiver states that regardless of ANY negligence on the part of the owner or employees, and even if your child DIES as a failure of an employee to take reasonable steps to safeguard your child, you have no legal recourse.

Read on: I AGREE TO WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS that I have or may in the future have against the RELEASEES (WildPlay) AND TO RELEASE THE RELEASEES from any and all liability for any loss, damage, expense or injury, including death, that I may suffer or that my next
of kin may suffer, as a result of my participation in Adventure Activities, DUE TO ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE... INCLUDING THE FAILURE ON THE PART OF THE RELEASEES TO TAKE REASONABLE STEPS TO SAFEGUARD OR PROTECT ME FROM THE RISKS.

I am prepared to sign a REASONABLE waiver stating my acceptance of the risks involved of course, but this? You have to absolve them of potential negligence before you play. I can't believe they have customers frankly. Went away with a very disappointed boy.

4  Thank momtoetai
WildPlayElementParks, Manager at WildPlay Element Parks Maple Ridge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Thank you for your comments. Your feedback about our waiver is important to us and will be considered in terms of how we balance our high standards for risk management with our guest's experiences.

We are aware that waivers and the laws around their application can seem daunting; however, they are a requirement to ensure guests understand the risks of participating in adventure activities, as well as for us to operate and insure our business. The waivers we use are based on the standard format for waivers for businesses like ours throughout British Columbia.

We endeavor to make the check-in process as smooth as possible and are always willing to help when needed. Please feel free to ask any of our Guest Services Agents or Park Supervisors/Managers for assistance with our documentation or practices if you have any additional or specific questions.

Best regards,
Heather Watters for Park Services
WildPlay Element Parks

Reviewed 14 August 2012

Just visited on the weekend with 2 kids on the weekend ages 11 and 12. We started with the kids course up to age 13, kinda basic and but rather basic for older kids The kids coarse takes about 1 hour as they get two times on the circuit. At age 12 they can try the adult course which has 4 levels and reaches heights of up 50 feet above the ground with zip lines and obstacles. You only get 1 time around on the adult coarse. That will be the one we try next, as a family :)