“Rude rude rude server”

The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Maple Ridge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Keg Steakhouse + Bar - Maple Ridge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 184 Restaurants in Maple Ridge
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude rude rude server”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been to The Keg many times (not by choice) just for birthdays & special occasions. I was here tonight for my girl friends birthday & it was the worst experience ever. I've maybe had 2 good experiences every time I've gone once again ( not my choice to go ). The servers are so rude. Our server was so rude she made a rude comment about one of the kids at our table because he ate his food fast she goes (oh your a big boy you sure ate that fast) he's a young boy, she embarrassed him so bad!! like really!!! Hardly came back to check on us. We would have ordered more drinks and desert if she was more attentive. If you really hate your job that much maybe you should quit. Just a bad experience over all. I'm a server I know to tip and always do. We spent a good 300$ for 5 of us and left no tip. Rude of us I don't think so. Bad bad service NO tip. Everything is way to over priced. Nun of us will be going back!!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Justyou1

Vancouver, Canada
“disappointing”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I have eaten here numerous times but tonight was a disappointment. Steak was tough and the crab topping was salty and the cream sauce was inedible. The staff were courteous and did not charge for the meal. Service was ok.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank twindates
Qualicum Beach, Canada
“It was OK.”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I was taken to this Keg for my birthday a few weeks ago. I have been there since the reno was done and I still find it very dark. The service was good as always but I found the food to be less than stellar. We started with calamari which was a huge disappointment. We got a small scattering of some tiny pieces and they were somewhat chewy. I ordered the prime rib which is a real treat for me but again my expectations were lowered by the amount of gristle on my piece. I was taken aback since this is not the Keg standard that I have become use to. It wasn't awful just not as good as it use to be. Are they ordering their meat from a different source or are the cooks just being sloppy? I don't know but since I was the guest of honour I did not feel right saying anything.
Nobody said much about their food so I'm guessing that the feelings were shared across the table. That's too bad because my feeling has always been the Keg is reliable for good food and service. Too pricey for a weekly meal but nice for special occasions. I hope that this was just a minor blip. We will go back in the near future.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank RosebudMapleRidge
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Nice but way too expensive”
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Restaurant is too dark and drab, and the menu is too overpriced for the same thing that you can get cheaper in other restaurants.
Staff were nice though. They give you warm bread with orange butter to start, but no refills. The steak is tiny, and also, you have to pay for drink refills. Overall, okay but terrible terrible value.

Visited June 2012
Vancouver, Canada
“Suprisingly Great”
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I live in Maple Ridge and it has been many years since I have been to our local Keg. I decided it was time to return. They have undergone extensive renovations and I wanted to see if the food was good along with the physical changes they have made. My husband and I took a couple of friends and we went for dinner. We had made a reservation and only waited a few mins. for a table. My husband doesn't really like sitting in a booth, but that's just him. Our service was fairly good. It was very busy, and so I don't fault them too much. The food was excellent though. We each had different kinds of steak and everyone was extremely pleased. Our wedge salads were one of the best we have every had! The food was really a surprise at how good it was. We will be back very soon!

• Visited February 2012