“At home feeling....”

Ranked #1 of 4 Dessert in Lunenburg
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Cafe, Bakery, Breakfast, Lunch, Espresso, Counter service, Seat yourself, Sandwiches, Wraps, Soups, Quiche, Pastries, Cakes, Pies, Cupcakes, Catering, Take-Out, Dessert
Liverpool, Canada
“At home feeling....”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Recently visited this little gem for a quick coffee on the go. It very quickly became my place to go over the next 3 days. From coffee to food to sweets everything was amazing. The staff were fantastic, enjoyed Janice very much. She makes you feel very welcomed and at home.
Looking forward to my next visit

Newton, Massachusetts
“Good for takeout lunch”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We picked up box lunches on our way out of Lunenburg. They were kind of expensive ($15 plus HST), but very large. The sandwiches were excellent, the broccoli salad was ok. They throw in a cookie or other baked good, which were very good. I didn't try the coffee or breakfast baked goods, but they looked tempting. There is a small seating area, but it seems to be mostly a takeout place.

Chester, Canada
“Coffee/Sweets”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

There were no dislikes, just great tastes of cookies, scones and coffee..special types ! ! This place was a first time for us ...small seating area but nice ....all food looked good/great ! ! We will go back for more when we have more time to linger ! !

Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Maple Glazed Blueberry biscuits!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were in Lunenburg the day after Tropical Storm Arthur came through and a lot of the restaurants (and our hotel!) had lost power. I have to thank Arthur because we would probably have just had breakfast in the place beside our inn. Instead, we walked around looking for something to eat on a Sunday morning. We were just in time for Kate's Maple Glazed Blueberry biscuits - they were still warm! My son, who doesn't even like blueberries, thought they were to die for! We each had one and honestly I wanted more, but after 2 weeks of eating out on vacation, I showed restraint and walked out wanting more!

• Visited July 2014
Halifax, Canada
“Great Baking - Very Little Space”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The baking is beautiful. The lunches look good, but I have never had a lunch there so can't say for certain.

However, the draw backs are the following:

1) The cafe has very limited seating. If you manage to get a seat, it is very close to everyone else so there is absolutely no privacy for conversation. The ceilings are low and the tables close together so it gives a feeling of being crowded and you feel overheard by everyone around you.

2) The service is very slow. They need an extra body behind the counter. I have stood there for a very a long time several times which resulted in me just stopping to go in there. A few times I have given up and left.

3) If would be great if this cafe was open in the evenings in Lunenburg. They have a few seats and tables on the street to compliment what are inside. As there are a lot of tourists in town this time of year, there is absolutely no where to go and have a seat and a coffee or tea after dinner. You can't spend all your time in your hotel room. I think people would enjoy going in there for dessert, coffee, tea after dinner, maybe use the internet and have a chat or sit at the tables on the sidewalk.

Lunenburg always looks like it folds up at 5 p.m.

• Visited May 2014